Shaping up for 2.0

I did one in the more and then other tonight after the sun had gone down. No I hadnt gotten back to EA active again yet, the weather has been so nice I have been trying to exercise outdoors. I enjoy that more, however my allergies dont ;)
)

My Allergies are killing me right now. I can't step outside for 5 minutes before my Sinuses go haywire. Unfortunate for me I live in the #1 worst city in the country to live if you have Allergies. :sick: Does sneezing fits count as exercise?

I've been considering it. I like my Wii Fit but I find that the workout isn't really intense enough for my liking. So far the reviews I've read have been good, but I don't personally know anyone who has it.

I have a WiiFit and find if you do all the Yoga exercises and then the strengh training exercises that you get quite a workout.
I always wind up having a shower afterwards.
However I do not like the Jullian Michaels for Wii.
All it will let me do is run, and I don't like running in place.

Does anyone on this thread weight train? If not you should consider it. It greatly increases your body's ability to burn fat. Also, it increases metabolism. Just a thought. :goodvibes

I am currantly drinking a mix of protein and calcium at night before bed which is supossed to build lean musscle mass. I can definately feel a differance. I also due a smaller workout with weights every other day in the mornings.
Then on the days I head to the gym I workout with weights before doing my cardio.
Is this what you mean?

Does anyone on this thread weight train? If not you should consider it. It greatly increases your body's ability to burn fat. Also, it increases metabolism. Just a thought. :goodvibes

I couldn't agree more! Once I started doing weight training I was able to lose weight a lot quicker. Muscle = burning calories I feel better, I'm stronger and gosh darn it....people like me :rotfl2:

I have a WiiFit and find if you do all the Yoga exercises and then the strengh training exercises that you get quite a workout.

I completly agree about the Yoga and ST on Wii Fit. I felt like they were really helping me. I hope I can stand on the balance board again very soon.

I don't think I have heard/read one good thing about the Jillian one. I am glad I never got that one. It had such potential.

I completly agree about the Yoga and ST on Wii Fit. I felt like they were really helping me. I hope I can stand on the balance board again very soon.

I don't think I have heard/read one good thing about the Jillian one. I am glad I never got that one. It had such potential.

yeah I have heard the JM one stinks, on a side note I really enjoy her radio show

I was so excited about when I got it last X-mas.
I wish I could figure out how to do something other than the running.
It is not as easy to work as the original Wiifit.

I couldn't agree more! Once I started doing weight training I was able to lose weight a lot quicker. Muscle = burning calories I feel better, I'm stronger and gosh darn it....people like me :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Just kidding Don! You're in myfaves for sure. :lovestruc

yeah I have heard the JM one stinks, on a side note I really enjoy her radio show

I LOVE her radio show.... I went back and DL all her shows off of Itunes... I have learned so much from them.... Her shows are on Itunes, but you have to search for KFI AM 640 and then DL them from the show listings... I will say I dont agree 100% with everything but I really am learning so much!!

I also have several of her workout DVD's.. I really enjoy them and use them as well as running and light weight training... She has admitted that the wii game bombed because she wasn't 100% involved with it and would ahve done things differently and will on the next one..

Biggest thing to remember is its all about calories in - calories out... You have to know what you are eating in calories vs what you NEED to be eating to lose weight. Ive been counting calories for the past month or so and it has been a HUGE eye opener for me... I have a few iPhone apps that really help me with this

Biggest thing to remember is its all about calories in - calories out... You have to know what you are eating in calories vs what you NEED to be eating to lose weight. Ive been counting calories for the past month or so and it has been a HUGE eye opener for me... I have a few iPhone apps that really help me with this

I find counting calories so helpful. Like, not following a prescribed plan (like WW, though I do have an online account that I'm using in conjunction with the counting) so much as just adding up the calories for everything I eat. I think it just appeals to the micro-manager in me. :rolleyes1

I do know that I can exercise like a fiend and not lose more than a couple of pounds if I don't get the eating right thing down first, though (from years of experience, sadly). So eating right's been my first goal. So far, so good. Now just to do both together...

I like the yoga and the strength exercises for Wii Fit, but I don't like the pausing between them, I guess. Like 'Press A, Press B, Press A', kwim? I find following a dvd first and then hitting up the Fit for cool down works well for me, but just the Fit alone isn't quite intense enough.

From everything I've heard, I'm glad I avoided the JM game. I don't like running in place, either. :headache:

Does that mean 7 desserts at Palo Brunch is Baaaaaaad?

"I'm in the field of personal training & nutrition and will help anyone who asks."

I want help, when do you plan on uploading the PCC 2.0 workout video?? You know we would all use it!! Will it be weights, cardio or both?? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I just meant if you're not doing any weight training, you should start. The myth is that weight training will add bulk to a persons frame. This is only true if that is your specific goal and you dedicate countless hours in the gym. Adding simple weight training to your normal workout program is a huge benefit to losing weight and staying fit.

I hesitate to give advice on health and fitness because of the sensitivity of the subject. People take suggestions on ways to improve fitness levels as personal insults sometimes. It has happened on these boards many times. I'm in the field of personal training & nutrition and will help anyone who asks. Reaching your fitness goals can be difficult if you go about it the wrong way. Most people just need good advice. :thumbsup2

Paul, I would be interested to see a workout schedule. I currently workout with a buddy that is in PE training and Varsity Football coach. When he gets a real job I might lose my workout partner. If you have someone in writing I'd love to see it so I can get in a solo workout when necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter