Sharing a Table Svc Credit?

TinaMillion

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm so excited to post. The last time I was on these boards was 4 years ago when I was researching for our Disney Cruise!

We have booked a 5 day, 6 night vacation this August. Yes, I'm a tad bit scared of crowds and heat, but it will be worth it considering we got the whole package for $1,600! For food, 5 day park hopper and hotel, I think that's excellent.

We live in Southern Cal so I've grown up at Disneyland. It's been a dream to see Disneyworld, without a doubt. My kids are 11 (boy) and 7 (girl) and in my opinon at such perfect ages for Disneyworld.

I am trying to figure out which Table Svc restaurants I want and after reading these boards, I've come up with some great ideas. I know I need to call ASAP to make the reservations.

I was reading that it was ok to share a Table Svc credit. If my husband and I choose to share a meal or 2, from reading the boards, that appeared ok. But when I called Disney, one gal said no it wasn't possible. Then I called back and asked someone else and she said it depends on the Restaurant.

Does anyone really know the scoop?

These are the Table Svc restaurants we've chosen. I hope they are good!

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Fairy Tale Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table
Teppanyaki Dining Room
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Sci Fi Dine in Theater
Nine Dragons Restaurant

If anyone can think of a more 'must do/see' restaurant for a 1st timer, please holler. I'm also interested in anyone else's experiences with sharing a Table Svc Credit

So excited! :cheer2:

Tina

From what I understand/experienced as long as it's not a buffet or family style meal (like Ohana where they just bring big bunches of food to the table for everyone) you can share.
Have a great time and welcome back to the DIS!

I just called and made my ressies! :cool1:

The lady I talked to was very nice, but she was adamant about us not being able to share meals

I am still hoping we can though! I guess I'll have to play it by ear

Tina

Tina, my mom and I (and DD6) have used the plan twice now. First time we paid for it. Second time free. :goodvibes We've shared both times without a problem. Just make sure you only order 1 beverage per each credit you're using. That's how they track the credits to charge (this was explained to us by 'Aunt Elaine' at Prime Time Cafe). Any additional beverages, including adult beverages, need to be paid OOP. The three of us frequently shared 2 meals. Sometimes my mom and I shared, sometimes I shared with my DD. We basically ate the same way there as we eat at home with the exception of ordering appetizers and desserts with every meal.

And yes, you can't share at buffets or 'all you can eats'.

So don't worry, you can definitely share meals. (I just hate to see all that food wasted!)

Thanks Dizneydaz! Your info was very helpful! I will print out your response so I don't forget and keep it with my pile of info! :)

Tina

We just got back... our PO4 shared 2TS at every meal except Whispering Canyon (each got the AYCE Skillet), Boma (buffet), 1900 Park Fare (buffet), and Ohana (buffet)

Other than that it was all 2TS for us!

BTW if the 4 people all want drinks you would then have to pay for 2 OPP (or if you are lucky like us the waitress will just "accidently" toss them into the plan free of charge) <-- that happed 4 times, only Chef De France didn't do that for us!

Where have you shared a TS? Personally I think there will be many rolling eyes by the wait staff when they are asked to do this. Perhaps if you have small children then that's fine but I would be embarrassed to do this with four adults. I know others do it and it is OK but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. We are not big eaters but certainly can eat a meal each. I going to be donating some appetizers and desserts to people near us in the restaurant. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

We (me, DH, DD4, DS2) are going with our friends (DH, DW, DS4, DD2) and we are planing to share 2 of our TS meals. I think they are the only ones that aren't buffets or family style. (LOTS of character meals. lol. Have to with 4 who are 4 and under!)
For us, we will use 3 TS credits at Coral Reef and 3 TD credits at SciFi.
3 apps, 3 entrees, 3 desserts will be more than enough for all 8 of us. Really, my DH eats very little and the kids just pick at food. I may get them a snack shortly before those meals to help out. Or wait and see if they need a snack afterward.
Great tip about drinks, does water count? I mean, if I order a water will that throw things off?
DON'T FORGET: You can always add extra tip if your server did a good job! Especially if you have kids that take extra clean-up or if you shared a meal! My DH and I normally share meals at home (because he can't eat much) and if the server did good, we try to tip like we ordered two entrees!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter