Sheraton Vistana- better/Worse rooms?

Totally disagree! we LOVED the Resort -- renovated units, and wonderful pools and friendly staff and most of all QUIET -- a wonderful respite from the parks!

Well, this is good to hear. Although we booked this resort, couldn't beat the price, the decor seems very dark and gloomy; I guess I was expecting something with a light and airy feel for FL, which I'm just not getting from all the pictures I've seen.

We're not moving in, so I'll deal with it :), but I am a little disappointed with the decor.

I don't know all of them for sure but I understand that Palms hasn't been started yet (scheduled to begin in late summer/early fall) and neither has Courts (to be started sometime in 2011). I agree with Brian Noble that a call to the resort - 407-239-3100 - should get you the full refurbishment schedule.

Dick Taylor

They are working in Cascades now. Palms, Courts and Spas have yet to be done. Everything should be done by July 2011.

Any suggestions on getting the promotions mentioned for Vistana. I am specificallly looking for a 2 bdr mentioned for $259 for 3 night stay. I called and they said offer is not available. (looking for 7/24-7/27 or close) any suggestions are appreciated. TIA

Well, this is good to hear. Although we booked this resort, couldn't beat the price, the decor seems very dark and gloomy; I guess I was expecting something with a light and airy feel for FL, which I'm just not getting from all the pictures I've seen.

We're not moving in, so I'll deal with it :), but I am a little disappointed with the decor.

honestly it was nice and calm and soothing after a day in the parks...and beds were comfy, the porch was awesome .. i just don't have a bad thing to say!

They are working in Cascades now. Palms, Courts and Spas have yet to be done. Everything should be done by July 2011.

How bad are the non refurbed areas? Is it just the rooms or are the sections themselves poor?

honestly it was nice and calm and soothing after a day in the parks...and beds were comfy, the porch was awesome .. i just don't have a bad thing to say!

Everything seems so dark, dark woods, dark furniture, etc. It just appears dreary in all the pictures I've seen so far. Soothing, I like, dreary, not so much. :goodvibes:

How bad are the non refurbed areas? Is it just the rooms or are the sections themselves poor?

Everything seems so dark, dark woods, dark furniture, etc. It just appears dreary in all the pictures I've seen so far. Soothing, I like, dreary, not so much. :goodvibes:

Here is a link to a few photos. I haven't seen anything dreary in the ones I have been in. As for the ones that have not been reburbed, They are still very nice, the decor is just not as up to date.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/Sheraton/Vistana/photos.html

I wouldn't call it dreary in the least... there's lots of light in the unites and I especially loved the HUGE glass walled shower...ahhhhh

We stayed in a non-refurbished unit on an exchange through RCI last June. It looked JUST like the pictures in the Dreams Unlimited picture, with wear and tear. Although clean, close to the parks and cheap for us, it wasn't anything glamorous. The outside sections were very nice, but our room was in need of renovation.

I would stay there again, even in a non-refurbished unit due to the proximity to the parks for the price I paid.

ETA: I also sent in a fax request for an upgrade unit a month before, however it was not honored so I don't know how meaningful making a request is.

We just got back yesterday. We exchanged thru RCI. We sent in the Diamond Lane request asking for an upgrade for a room with two double beds in the guest room since our forms said we had an 8/6 2 bedroom and were assured we had exactly that by phone several times in advance. We were a party of 5---Me, my two DDs (ages 7 and 5) and my parents. I wanted to be able to sleep in the same room with my DDs and let my parents have the other room. We checked in on a Saturday and were placed in the Courts building 5. Very definitely NOT refurbished---old, shabby, ancient plumbing, ancient decor, dirty old carpet and a smell of old smoke and 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom. We restated our request, and were told that the resort was full, sorry. So.... we got a rollaway and lived with it. But, the bathtubs didn't hold water, the toilets had to be flushed 6 times, you could hear the noise from all the surrounding rooms so easily---if someone sneezed next door you could hear it---the place was just old and we were just sad and they were banging and constructing on the rooms next door all day. We felt like we were shoved in the farthest corner. It looked like a beautiful resort all around us---we drove thru all the renovated parts every day...but we felt totally 3rd class staying there. The housekeeping staff we encountered was very helpful and sweet though. The weather didn't permit us to spend a lot of time at the pools, but the girls did like those. I agree that the location was great and it served our purposes---we were there for Disney and it was great for that, and we had a wonderful trip, but it wasn't our favorite resort. Maybe in a few years when they complete the refurbishments.

I wouldn't call it dreary in the least... there's lots of light in the unites and I especially loved the HUGE glass walled shower...ahhhhh

This looks dreary to me, very dark, looks like my great aunt's old house.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GetGlow...esSection?feat=directlink#5464811037450293298

http://picasaweb.google.com/GetGlow...esSection?feat=directlink#5464810976729866482

Now the pictures on the Dreams unlimited sight look light and airy. I would like this decor.

They are both so different. :confused3 Is it because one is a refurbed unit and one is the old style? Or does it have to do with the sections? What should I expect?

We just got back yesterday. We exchanged thru RCI. We sent in the Diamond Lane request asking for an upgrade for a room with two double beds in the guest room since our forms said we had an 8/6 2 bedroom and were assured we had exactly that by phone several times in advance. We were a party of 5---Me, my two DDs (ages 7 and 5) and my parents. I wanted to be able to sleep in the same room with my DDs and let my parents have the other room. We checked in on a Saturday and were placed in the Courts building 5. Very definitely NOT refurbished---old, shabby, ancient plumbing, ancient decor, dirty old carpet and a smell of old smoke and 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom. We restated our request, and were told that the resort was full, sorry. So.... we got a rollaway and lived with it. But, the bathtubs didn't hold water, the toilets had to be flushed 6 times, you could hear the noise from all the surrounding rooms so easily---if someone sneezed next door you could hear it---the place was just old and we were just sad and they were banging and constructing on the rooms next door all day. We felt like we were shoved in the farthest corner. It looked like a beautiful resort all around us---we drove thru all the renovated parts every day...but we felt totally 3rd class staying there. The housekeeping staff we encountered was very helpful and sweet though. The weather didn't permit us to spend a lot of time at the pools, but the girls did like those. I agree that the location was great and it served our purposes---we were there for Disney and it was great for that, and we had a wonderful trip, but it wasn't our favorite resort. Maybe in a few years when they complete the refurbishments.

It sounds like you got a 6/6. Where would the extra two people have slept if you were traveling as a party of 8? If your RCI confirmation stated 8/6 then there is no way you should have been in a 6/6 unit. I would have marched down to the RCI office right on property and gotten it taken care of. Do you still have your confirmation from RCI? I would give them a call/write a letter and state your displeasure. Plus, I would write a letter to the Vistana.

However, if you did have a 6/6, I don't think there is any chance of upgrading to an 8/8. You would have had to book it that way through RCI.

We've exchanged through RCI into the Vistana over 8 times and the only time we've ever had the twin beds was with a 6/6 reservation.

We did go to the RCI office...it was an 8/6 reservation, we had called both RCI AND the resort several times before we arrived to make sure (because I had read on here of others having this issue), and we still got stuck with what we had. And yes, there is NO way the room we had would ever sleep 8. So that is definitely false advertising. That is why we did the diamond lane form and called. And when we got there, the resort desk told us we had to deal with the RCI desk...who basically told us there were no other 2 bedrooms available---it was memorial day weekend and they were full.

Not happy.

we stayed here in 2007 on a RCI exchange, i cant remember the section they original put us in but it was a two bedroom loft - we ended up switching in the middle of the night because the condo was infested with FLEAS - they moved us to a refurbed room (cascades i think) and we loved it - if the first night wasnt a nightmare and i cant help but thinking what would have happened if my ex didnt see all these fleas i would consider staying here again, but i am so afraid of where they will put us i cant do it - we are staying Westgate Vacation Villas this time around

This looks dreary to me, very dark, looks like my great aunt's old house.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GetGlow...esSection?feat=directlink#5464811037450293298

http://picasaweb.google.com/GetGlow...esSection?feat=directlink#5464810976729866482

They are both so different. :confused3 Is it because one is a refurbed unit and one is the old style? Or does it have to do with the sections? What should I expect?

I dunno -- we were in a refurbished unit which is the one you think is dark -- there were huge windows in the bedroom, a huge slider out to the porch and it never felt dreary to me- it felt calming and relaxing and COOL after a day of my senses getting asaulted in the parks LOL. we were very comfy and happy and teh furniture was up to date and modern and I could have moved into that shower. I think it was as big as my college apartment

Now the pictures on the Dreams unlimited sight look light and airy. I would like this decor.

we stayed here in 2007 on a RCI exchange, i cant remember the section they original put us in but it was a two bedroom loft - we ended up switching in the middle of the night because the condo was infested with FLEAS - they moved us to a refurbed room (cascades i think) and we loved it - if the first night wasnt a nightmare and i cant help but thinking what would have happened if my ex didnt see all these fleas i would consider staying here again, but i am so afraid of where they will put us i cant do it - we are staying Westgate Vacation Villas this time around

How awful! :scared1:

We are going thru Interval International, and I was concerned as well, as several people had mentioned about the timeshares not getting good rooms or locations.
After inquiring further, someone mentioned that this is more likely to occur with RCI more so than II. Don't know how true that is, but hoping to get a refurb when we go. I had planned on staying at Windsor Hills and really loved the 3 bedroom we were going to get, but we'll save $100 by going thru II, and also, supposedly the resort has more to do for the kids, ages 10 thru 15.

For the poster who just got back, do you remember what some of the amenity fees were? Kids are looking forward to the water slide, we'll be there in Sept, and I just wonder what all the extras might cost. :)

Hi:
It's been a month since we've been at the Vistana. The kids loved the RipSlide/Waterslide. It was $10.00 an hour or $60.00 for a week of unlimited use. The kids were absolutely exhausted after an hour of climbing up it!

My daughter painted a bank and I believe it was about $5.00. We wanted to do the scuba or surf lessons but didn't find the time.

We did rent a bicycle for 4 and nearly had a heart attack trying to pedal it. 30 minutes on that thing was quite a work out. I believe it was $12.00 for a half hour.

I feel terrible for all the people who have had bad experiences. We have traded through RCI many times into the Vistana and always have an incredible unit. It's always our second choice behind Bonnett Creek.

like i previously stated if we were given the room we were moved to originally this place would get rave reviews from me, i am just a little leary now.

we are using II this time and trading into Westgate Vacation Villas lets hope we have a good experience there. in 2008 we stayed at Parkway International and it was nice, nothing fancy but nice

so does absolutely everything have an extra fee?
even a water slide?what can kids do for free....should my dh get tired of paying for extra stuff?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter