Ship time

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
When the Magic sails from Galveston back to Galveston, will ship time stay in Central time for the entire voyage? I see that time at our first port of call, Cozumel, appears to be the same as Eastern time. Will the Magic stay on Central time there? Our previous western Caribbean cruise on a different line did keep the same time as the departure port.

No. ships adjust time based upon the time zones. They typically leave a note in the room and/or on the app to alert to time changes. The room host will adjust the in-room clock if they still have in-room clocks.

I was on the 4 night Spain cruise on The Dream in 2023. The cruise was round trip Southampton England with one port stop in Bilbao, Spain.
Spain is one hour ahead of England.

This was left by my stateroom host on the last night of the cruise as we returned to England.
My Instagram (12).png

No. ships adjust time based upon the time zones. They typically leave a note in the room and/or on the app to alert to time changes. The room host will adjust the in-room clock if they still have in-room clocks.
They also usually have it on the TV channel, and the stateroom host will turn the TV to that channel during nightly turndown so you see it before you go to bed.

The Cruise Director will also make announcements before the shows in the Walt Disney Theater. You will also get notified through the Navigator App.

If your phone is on the WiFi on the ship, will it update the time automatically?
Not always. The app does say "ship time" so at least you know what the correct time is. If you find out your phone isn't on the correct time, you can then go into your settings and change it manually (assuming you want it to match ship time).

If your phone is on the WiFi on the ship, will it update the time automatically?
My iPhone didn’t automatically update. I had to manually change the time zone. Phone was in airplane mode connected to ship WiFi but no internet package

As I recall when we sailed out of Galveston, they announced time would be set to eastern time that night for the day at sea. On the return voyage, they set the time to central time the night after leaving port In Mexico. They did make announcements for each time change.

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. It depends on the situation; occasionally, if there is a 1-hour change and then reversed in the next day or two, they do not change it. I find that this is more common on the longer cruises, but you need to be aware at each port of the time zone you should follow. Whether it does or doesn't change, they will inform you several times in several different ways: it's on the Navigator, the Head Server usually mentions it at the end of dinner, they announce it, it's in a note on your bed at night, it's on signage as you leave the ship.

No in-room clocks anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter