Shipt

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Anyone on here decide to make a little extra cash by being a Shipt shopper? I was just officially hired, but have yet to do my first shop. Was just wondering if anyone had given it a go, and what their thoughts were.

I am a customer and I have to say I do take into consideration how accurately the shopper shops my list determines the tip I give.

I appreciate the shoppers that use communication to replace or make substitutions, it makes a difference for me.

For example, I shop from Publix. I asked for 2 large popcorn chicken from the deli. When the shopper got to my house, she said they didn't have any popcorn chicken at the counter, so she didn't get any. I asked her, Why didn't you ask them to make more, go do the rest of the shopping, and come back to collect them. She said she "hadn't thought of that and didn't know you could ask them to make stuff" o_O

Another shopper I had last week got several items wrong and I ended being charged almost $20 above my check out price due to her mistakes.
I ordered 1 pound of red seedless grapes. They were approx $3.75 a pound. She purchased a 3.5 lb bag, so I asked her why ? She said they didn't have any 1 lb bags, I asked her why didn't she take 1lb pound worth of grapes out of a larger bag, and purchase just one lb. Which is very normal to do. She just replied with a puzzled look and said she didn't know you could separate the bags. So I ended up pay over $12 for grapes.
There were 4 other items she got wrong, or didn't get the correct amount and I actually asked for a refund of those items. :sad2:

I am a customer and I have to say I do take into consideration how accurately the shopper shops my list determines the tip I give.

I appreciate the shoppers that use communication to replace or make substitutions, it makes a difference for me.

For example, I shop from Publix. I asked for 2 large popcorn chicken from the deli. When the shopper got to my house, she said they didn't have any popcorn chicken at the counter, so she didn't get any. I asked her, Why didn't you ask them to make more, go do the rest of the shopping, and come back to collect them. She said she "hadn't thought of that and didn't know you could ask them to make stuff" o_O

Another shopper I had last week got several items wrong and I ended being charged almost $20 above my check out price due to her mistakes.
I ordered 1 pound of red seedless grapes. They were approx $3.75 a pound. She purchased a 3.5 lb bag, so I asked her why ? She said they didn't have any 1 lb bags, I asked her why didn't she take 1lb pound worth of grapes out of a larger bag, and purchase just one lb. Which is very normal to do. She just replied with a puzzled look and said she didn't know you could separate the bags. So I ended up pay over $12 for grapes.
There were 4 other items she got wrong, or didn't get the correct amount and I actually asked for a refund of those items. :sad2:

When you order to you annotate for the shopper to contact you about substitutions? My shopper always text me when they arrive at Publix, again about halfway before checkout, sometimes at checkout, and again when leaving Publix enroute to my home. They always ask if I remembered anything I needed to add to my list that I may have left off. Actually, sometimes I am at work and I am thinking they are texting me too much. I have the app as DH can’t on his government phone, so he may be home receiving the groceries, not me.

My friend is weird about opening the door for them, says it is so her dogs don’t go wild, she has them leave it on her porch and text her. Then when they leave, she gets them off her porch. Her neighbor leaves her trunk open and tells them to put them in the trunk of her car and close the trunk. Then she gets them out her trunk when she is ready. Oh, this friend says she NEVER tips since there is an annual fee she pays. She doesn’t believe you are suppose to tip them since it is a paid service. I always tip.

I have never had an order go wrong, but I have never asked for a deli hot food item either. I don’t think I would expect the shopper to have asked Publix to make them and wait (DH said that is a bit over to top to expect). The grapes, I never split the bag, I just buy them as they are packaged, even if you can split them.

I think you need to annotate in the notes to contact you before any substitutions or if an item is not available.

I would’ve never split a bag of grapes either. I think if you are that particular you have to shop yourself.
We do love that popcorn chicken though and I always ask them to drop me a pound in the fryer and I grab it on the way out.

Yes, I have the notes on for them to contact me for substitutions, and even types notes in the edit feature sometimes.

This is a paid service, not a charity or out of the goodness of their heart just to do people a favor. Their prices are higher to compensate for the service being provided, plus the subscription fee, plus the tip. If the shopper are not competent enough to purchase the items on the list, then they would not be offered as part of the service. I pay for the ease and convenience of the service, not a mediocre half way done job.
You wouldn't add 2 baking potatoes to your list and be happy if they bring you a 20 lb sack because they didn't look one section over for the item you ordered.
The deli is literally the first section of the store they shop, it's nobody's burden to ask for any regular item that can be ordered.

The company doesn't have any limitations on the orders, if it's available to be added to the online list, there's no restrictions as to what type of orders can be placed. Why would I short myself the service I pay for, it's not for only ordering milk, eggs & bread.

Yes, I have the notes on for them to contact me for substitutions, and even types notes in the edit feature sometimes.

This is a paid service, not a charity or out of the goodness of their heart just to do people a favor. Their prices are higher to compensate for the service being provided, plus the subscription fee, plus the tip. If the shopper are not competent enough to purchase the items on the list, then they would not be offered as part of the service. I pay for the ease and convenience of the service, not a mediocre half way done job.
You wouldn't add 2 baking potatoes to your list and be happy if they bring you a 20 lb sack because they didn't look one section over for the item you ordered.
The deli is literally the first section of the store they shop, it's nobody's burden to ask for any regular item that can be ordered.

The company doesn't have any limitations on the orders, if it's available to be added to the online list, there's no restrictions as to what type of orders can be placed. Why would I short myself the service I pay for, it's not for only ordering milk, eggs & bread.

Actually they should be shopping the things that need to hot or cold last. And they do state to go over instead of under when it comes to things purchased by weight. The ap won't recognize something as being picked for the customer if it is under weight. And at least the store I shop at has the grapes pre-bagged.

I want to add I did my first order, and got a whopping $1 tip. For an order that tripled in size while I was shopping (which I have heard many clients do, as they know people don't want to pick large orders) and for which I had a 25 minute one way delivery. The only thing I didn't get were chips that she added, because she wouldn't answer the text about what flavor. So not happy with $1. If you can afford to have the service you can afford a decent tip.

Having said that, if you are telling them to contact you, I can't imagine not trying to contact you. That is lazy.

I don't use the service, but I have a friend that was one of the first reps in our area, and now travels for Shipt, training shoppers when they go into new markets.

My friend told me once that she had made $1200 the previous week. She often shops for the higher-end resort area near us, and I guess those vacationers tip well!

I've thought about doing it since I know my Publix and Target inside out, but I think they already have quite a few shoppers in our area so assignments might be few and far between. My friend has been with the program since the beginning so she gets first pick of the shopping trips as they're posted.

I think most grapes are pre-bagged these days, but I think it's for convenience. It's perfectly OK to open one of the bags and put the amount you want into a regular produce bag. I know a lot of shoppers won't take the time to do that, or think it's wrong, but it's not. They're sold by pound, not by the bag (except at a place like my Target that sells some fresh produce, but only by certain units - they don't have scales at the registers).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter