Shoes...Let's get some shoes

With the exception of Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses, Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members are not permitted to wear Crocs or similarly-styled footware as part of their costume, per The Disney Look.

Im not necessarily saying these are the shoes I was going to get... it was just talked about by other people on the boards. Also, I think you guys have a misunderstanding of what crocs I am talking about. Croc makes many forms of shoes not just the standard ugly ones with all the holes in them. They also make leather laced up shoes with the croc soles. You can't even tell from the looks of them they are crocs.

Im not necessarily saying these are the shoes I was going to get... it was just talked about by other people on the boards. Also, I think you guys have a misunderstanding of what crocs I am talking about. Croc makes many forms of shoes not just the standard ugly ones with all the holes in them. They also make leather laced up shoes with the croc soles. You can't even tell from the looks of them they are crocs.

The prohibition on Crocs may not be entirely due to the appearance, but also due to the fact that Crocs tend to be very slippery, and that could pose a safety risk in some areas.

so can if i have to wear a black shoe can i wear a blacked out nike or new balance even tho it has a logo or no logo at all even if it matches the shoe....im really not tryin to wear some cheap walmart shoes

so can if i have to wear a black shoe can i wear a blacked out nike or new balance even tho it has a logo or no logo at all even if it matches the shoe....im really not tryin to wear some cheap walmart shoes

Yeah I am hoping that I can wear all black or all white nike shox, they are the most comfortable shoe for me

yeah that was what i was thinking or some air maxxx those are like pillows and they look fresh yadiiig

The look guidelines just says no contrasting logos so as long as the logo is the same color as the shoe it doesn't seem like it will matter.

Yeah I am hoping that I can wear all black or all white nike shox, they are the most comfortable shoe for me

Per The Disney Look, Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members wearing costumes which require the use of a Black or White Athletic Shoe must wear shoes that are solid in colour with no contrasting logos or markings.

The notable exception to this is for Cast Members working at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Cast Members statused to or working in this area may wear Black or White Athletic Shoes with multicoloured stripes or logos on the shoes. Extreme styles are not permitted.

In order to ensure the safety of all Cast Members, the Company highly recommends that all Cast Members wear shoes with slip-resistant soles, particularly those working in areas involved in the preperation or serving of Food Products such as Restaurants, Kitchens and select Merchandise locations.

Looking "fresh" really shouldn't be a concern. No matter how cool your shoes are, Disney Costumes are not really designed to make anyone look cool.

Looking "fresh" really shouldn't be a concern. No matter how cool your shoes are, Disney Costumes are not really designed to make anyone look cool.

Indeed. The Disney Look is a classic, traditional look which does not conform to the latest fashion trends nor extremes in appearance.

It allows our Cast Members to blend into their surroundings and focus on working to deliver the immersive show and Magical Guest Experiences that our Guests have come to expect from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

yeah that was what i was thinking or some air maxxx those are like pillows and they look fresh yadiiig

If you're referring to shoes in this style....
360969-061.jpg

....No.

nah i just mean all black ones and im 100 percent certain that they are more comfortable than walmart shoes....lookin fresh is just a perk and i understand that is not the point of disney

http://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/586_1_480_300.jpg

or these....they look fresh and comfortable are these two cool.

http://www.eastbay.com/images/products/large_w/09354113_w.jpg

The Black Pair would be borderline, and would probably depend on the judgment of your Area Leadership. If they have lights on the bottom, as it would appear, they would be unacceptable.

The White Pair are unacceptable due to the heel.

Styles of athletic shoe that meet The Disney Look guidelines would look like the following.

threequarter.jpg

threequarter.jpg

Thanks! I'm gonna keep an eye out for some good ones. I wear a ten so I definitely need to search before hand. :)

Well I already have a pair that I wear to work now..Im just trying to figure out what I need! Thanks for you reply!

Clearly all you need are Shoes for Crews. They are cheaper than most, more than walmart but not expensive and they are excellent for comfort and they are non slip. I'm a waitress and on my feet all night and these are excellent and they have a variety of styles for those of you who want to look "fresh".

https://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/index.cfm?

Clearly all you need are Shoes for Crews. They are cheaper than most, more than walmart but not expensive and they are excellent for comfort and they are non slip. I'm a waitress and on my feet all night and these are excellent and they have a variety of styles for those of you who want to look "fresh".

https://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/index.cfm?

AND...SFC comes to property (several locations, you can find them on the Hub) and will do a 4 paycheck deduction, so no cash out of pocket. If you are food & bev, they also have a $10 off coupon.

Don't forget, you do have 7 days to get the right shoes for your location, too.

I know this thread is for shoes but I thought this kind of fits...I'll be doing my internship at the animal kingdom so I have already found some good hiking boots but I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any requirements or recommendations about socks to go with those boots? thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter