• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

shop in store mobile scan

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
I noticed on the mde app there is a shop in store now testing area. testing in epcot mouse gear only it says you can scan your product for purchase, show qr code as you exit. I love the options!

I used it last week! It was great. The one issue I had was I bought one of the passholder glasses and the person at the door who was doing the bagging wasn't sure how to handle wrapping it up and there wasn't a box the correct size at the door so he went to track one down.
I didn't want it to get broken so I asked for one.

He also counted the number of items as he bagged them and compared it to what I'd paid for so that took an extra minute but it's much better than waiting in the check out line.

I used it on April 15th because they really were advertising it and no one was using it. Then I realized it did not take off my Chase Disney 10% discount. Was disappointed.

I tried it in February in MouseGear, but there were glitches and it was unclear whether it had actually gone through or not. I went to a CM and asked how you would know, and she flagged down a manager who walked with me over to the CM at the exit with an iPad to verify and she had no record. The door CM said "This happened earlier with some other people. It worked for like one person in between, but seems to be doing the same thing again." The manager looked over at the line and said "Let me just make note of what you got and you can be on your way. I don't want to take up any more of your day than this already has when it's not your fault." So I ended up getting pixie dusted a bottle of water and a tie-dye ball cap. Hopefully they've gotten the kinks worked out now.

Can you still get DVC or AP discount?

I did. As long as it was connected to your MDE, you will get the discount. It automatically applied. I was very surprised that I was the only person using it when I was in there - the lines for both checkouts in Mousegear were long so I decided to go for it. I'd use it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter