should I purchase the birnbaums 2002 book when it comes out?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I usually buy the book when I am planning our next trip, well we will be going in 2002. Should I purchase the new one when it comes out or is it the same stuff as in the 2000 edition? Another question: does anyone know when this comes out?

I purchase the new one each year. It has all the latest updates, phone numbers, etc. I think it's a
good deal.

I always buy the new Birnbaum's. It usually comes out in September.

If you did not have the guide or had never been to the World, I would say go for it. But unless you really want to have it ....you could spend the $10 or so dollars on a 32 ounce beer in Canada and sit watch the world go by from a bench. You get better information from these types of web-sites than you can get from any guidebook.

I always purchase a new book for every trip. I try to buy different ones. ( I have a few Birnbaums, and a few of the Unoffical Guide) For our next trip I bought the PassPorter by Jennifer Watson and Dave Marx. It is a great book. I had a hard time finding it in the stores where I live but they have a web site www.passporter.com

I think Birnbaum's Official Guide and the Unofficial Guide Book are both good, especially for new visitors to WDW, but I too agree you get wonderful info here from those who have been there many many times. Years ago I used to buy both each year we went but I have not purchased either in the last couple of years.

I know I can get the same or better info from these boards, but I too like to buy the Birnbaum's book every year, as well as the unofficial guide, too. I just like to have the updated info all in one place, and its fun to read anyway!

I think the 2002 Birnbaum guide will be a good one to get because of info about the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

I have gotten this book a couple of times. I have last years, but ended up buying one this year, because they had some additional features. It is worth the money, I think. We usually get this book in our store in November, but perhaps regular bookstores get it sooner - someone mentioned September.

I usually check it out at the library. If it looks worth it I go buy it. That's what I'm planning to do for the 2002.

I just checked this book out at the library this week. I got it because I had heard so many good things about it. I had seen it advertised for about $3-4 and almost bought it. I'm glad I didn't! I didn't get any information from it that I didn't already know about. Like someone else said....you can get better information on this site and others. It might be helpful to a first timer. I really liked 'The Everything Guide to WDW' better. Oh, the Birnbaums I checked out still had the coupons in the back! That is one reason I was going to buy it. I didn't take them, but I was glad to see that I didn't miss any good coupons.

I have the 96 and 01 Birnbaum's. When I went in Feb 01 there was a coupon for an upgrade to a National rental car and we ended up with a full size car when we paid for a mid size. That coupon alone was worth the cost of the book.

I own a copy of nearly all the guides, including 3 different copies of Birnbaum's. Definitely get the 2002 version if you are going to buy because the information about the Disney 100th birthday celebration won't be in the earlier editions. If I could only buy one guidebook, I think I would buy the Passporter. It is not flashy, but is packed with detailed and useful information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter