Should I try Universal

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
I just learned that Barney is at Universal! Now I don't know what to do. Help me plan all you experts. We have 5 days in Aug at DW staying at Ft. Wilderness and have planned 3 days at the parks. My question is would it be worth a 1 day ticket to meet Barney? My 1 1/2 year old just LOVES him. What is there for my 8 year old (not a hugh thrill ride fan)? I had not even considered going to US thinking my kids were not ready as the rides were to intense but Barney would be a big deal for my DD. Ok I guess I'm off to find another guidebook. Any help is much appreciated.:cool:

Universal Studios Florida would be fine for both of your children. That park is actually not about thrill rides (thats what Islands of Adventure is for!). The 8 year old will have Plenty to do, and there is some stuff for the 1.5 year old.

Off the top of my head, these attractions will be good for both of your children:

-The Barney Show<BR>
-Fivels playland (you'll spend HOURS here- it's great)<BR>
-E.T. (although it is a bit dark)<BR>
-Nickelodeon Zone<BR>
-Hannah Barbara - (a simulator that also has stationary seats.<BR>
-Most of the shows will also be fine EXCEPT for T2:3D
<BR><BR>
Your 8 YO will also probably enjoy:

-King Kong<BR>
-Twister<BR>
-Earthquake(The first three are all "experience the movie" type dark rides - no real thrill elements but lots of fun)<BR>
-T2:3D - this is a bit dark and LOUD
-Back to the Future (a simulator)
- and DEFINATLY Men in Black: Alien Attack

Jim

First go get Kellys' guidebook... Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide...

Its the best! My library had it btw, and got me the current version, if you just want to browse through it...

My soon to be 7 year old son drools over Jaws, and Back to the Future in the planning video..plus isnt there a kids play area? Curious George? or Feivel water area? At IOA, he wants to do it all... Dr. Doom, Spiderman, and Dueling Dragons..and even the Dr. Suess area

WE are doing a kidless trip and checking it all out for them...

My DD, 8, loved Barney when she was younger. Last year when she saw the signs for the Barney show, she said that she really wanted to go see it, but only if i promised never to tell anyone that she went. We went and she loved it. I thought it was cute and very well done. Its funny, she loved all the coasters, Hulk, DD, but put her on a ride with fire and she loses it. The Nick Tour was fun too.

Patty

You 8 year old would love Universal...and probably Islands of Adventure as well, especially Seuss Landing. Both parks are outstanding. Definately go to Universal this trip...save Islands of Adventure for the next trip if you must, but see Barney while she is still young, although I am 40 and I still love seeing the characters!

Practically next door to Barney is Curious George Goes To Town, a water attraction that your kids will absolutely love!

Be sure to bring a towel and a change of clothes.

Indeed, you can spend the better part of a day in Woody Woodpecker's KidZone, where most of the kiddie attractions are concentrated.

They also may get a kick out of meeting Shrek who, unlike some characters, is a real live ogre who can talk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter