Should we skip WDW July 4th? This is my reasoning...

shanlynn63

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if we (Me, Husband and 4 kids) should just skip WDW on July 4th? This is my reasoning.... we arrive in Orlando early evening on July 3rd and staying at a hotel because we can not check into our timeshare until July 4th. I would like to do WDW (not sure which park) July 4th but I was thinking of going to Sea World instead because if we went to WDW we would have to leave early to go check in at our resort (4 miles away), get settled and then make the trek back to WDW (which I understand the traffic can be very bad and it could possibly be filled to capacity) I would hate to waste a whole day of our 4 day hopper passes sitting in traffic or possibly not being able to get back in after we left to check into our resort. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know we can see fireworks any night we are there, I also have two relaxation days for time at the pool. What should we do on the 4th of July though?

Shannon

I would skip it only because of the crowds! I'd never go then anyway!

Never go July 4th day or in July at all? I really need suggestions here...Please help. Thanks.

I have been on July 4th twice now. Last year we did Epcot for most of the day but after dinner headed over to MGM to see Sorcery in the Sky since it only happens ones or twice a year.

We did Epcot last year on the 4th. While Epcot was busy it was managable. If you plan to ride Test Track or Mission Space get there at opening and do them then or get Fast Pass for one while doing the other as they will both be very busy.

Mission Space was not open in the morning if I remember correctly but I did ride it that week at one point as it was still a soft opening then.

We did not have any major waits on anything else in the park but MGM was busy once we got there. We left Epcot around 6pm and headed over to MGM. While we did manage to get a parking spot it was filling up quickly. In MGM the crowds seemed larger but part of that relates to the size of MGM to Epcot. At MGM most of the ride waits were long and we didn't ride too much at MGM. We just grabbed a good spot to watch the fireworks and relaxed.

I am sure you could get back into Epcot and probably MGM, if you arrive early enough, but the MK will be very packed from shortly after opening. It usually fills to capacity by noon but may open up later in the day but may close again closer towards the fireworks.

It is a busy day to go but it can be a lot of fun and the fireworks are longer at Epcot and MK and MGM has Sorcery in the Sky which is fun to see as well.

We will be going again in July this year, just not over the 4th. It's hot but go in the morning, and take a break mid afternoon when it's the hotest. Maybe go back to the resort and swim for an hour and relax. The parks are open longer so you will be able to go back later in the day and enjoy the rides again when it cools down a little.

Thanks Jamieb, that was just the kind of info I was looking for, maybe we might do Epcot for the 4th afterall!!

You might want to consider arriving earleir then the posted opening as well. Quite often they will open the parks 30-60 minutes before posted opening on busy holidays. They did last year as we arrived at Epcot a bit before 8:30 and were on Test Track before 8:40 and the posted opening was 9am. If they don't open early you will still be at the front of the line to get in which would allow you to get on TT or MS quickly before the lines get too bad.

Lets see.....

Seaworld vs Disney World??

Is there anything to think about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter