showdown: BWV boardwalk view vs. BCV

JAG107

Former Jungle Cruise Skipper
Which would you pick and why? We're looking to switch our BLT std view studio to either a split stay, or switch our entire 9 day ressie next January . Since these 2 rooms are the same points, we're looking for some opinions as we haven't stayed at either resort before.

We've yet to stay at BCV but if you can get a boardwalk view villa at Boardwalk there's just something special about sitting on your balcony and looking at the people below, the lake, the view... As DVC members we can afford to take it easy when on vacation, at Boardwalk we sit back and enjoy ourselves more than BLT ((which we love too, it's one of our homes)). In saying that we're doing a split stay later this year, 5 nights BLT and 5 at Boardwalk.

We love staying at BWV & BCV, although we have never had a boardwalk view...hope to someday ::yes::.

Since you are going in January, I would stay at BWV because it would be too cold for me to enjoy Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club. I just can't swim in January, even though the pool is heated...just not the same for me.

SAB is really cool...the best pool on property.

We are checking in on August 21 for 10 nights...I am so excited :yay:.

Good luck with your decision.

I had DVC ownership at BWV and sold it and bought BCV. Reasons, well, we just prefered BCV for a variety of reasons - everyone has their own favorite.

Pros for BWV - boardwalk entertainers at night - fun thing to do, close by, little walking and they change each night. Proximity to Jellyrolls if everyone in your party is over 21 - fun place. The 1 bedroom master bath has a larger vanity - more counterspace for stuff than at BCV.

Cons for BWV - especially with a boardwalk view - if you like to turn in early you have a lot of noise from the boardwalk - even until midnight if folks leave Jellyrolls that late - plus you have the boats in the morning that sound their horns as they come and go. Depending on what room you get you cannot "sit" on your balcony and see anything - we were on the 2nd floor just off the lobby one year and had a solid front balcony (which may have contributed to outside noise as well).

For BCV -

Pros - stormalong bay - if it is 80 degress - which it can be - best pool every. The quiet pool is also very convenient as is that hot tub. Much quieter location - even if you have a villa backing to the garden -there is enough distance that the road traffic is not annoying. The BC Marketplace - you can get to it without getting wet! (food places at BWV are all out on the boardwalk) so getting a drink or food at the market is easy - the little food counter there has some great pizza! Closer walk into Epcot and you can use the little "under the bridge path" to avoid the hill coming and going. Close self parking!

Cons - views can be of a garden can be boring - no water views at BCV ....that is the only downside I can think of!

Hope this helps - even if it does seem a bit biased!

If available, BWV boardwalk view would be the choice. Best view on site, shorter distance to Studios. BCV gives you Stormalong Bay but it may be too cool to use it many of the days you are there.

A different issue for January (and I assume you are talking post mid-Jan) is that at 7 months out you may have trouble getting boardwalk view for all the consecutive nights you may want. BCV is more likely to be open though a risk otherwise the Sat and Sun of MLK weekend.

Just checked into BWV (boardwalk view). I think this wins :)

2vt2mmf.jpg

Just checked into BWV (boardwalk view). I think this wins :)

2vt2mmf.jpg

Your picture makes me homesick. I agree with others, the boardwalk view is the best of all DVC views. I love sitting on the balcony for coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening.

For January given your choices, I would pick BWV. However, for myself, I like BWV standard view because that view has been fine for me, and I like the point savings.

Which would you pick and why? We're looking to switch our BLT std view studio to either a split stay, or switch our entire 9 day ressie next January . Since these 2 rooms are the same points, we're looking for some opinions as we haven't stayed at either resort before.
Personally I'd put the order of the following but Obviously many feel differently.

1. BWV BW view
  2. BWV Standard view (less points)
  3. BWV preferred view
  4. BCV
I don't care about the pool there. To me BCV is just BWV standard view for more points. Now when you add in the room differences, BCV dedicated 2 queen moves up to either position 2 or 3. I'll ignore BWV GV (because they're BW view) and the dedicated studios and 1 BR (both have them).

To me BCV is just BWV standard view for more points.

::yes::
also, BWV does have b'fast options from the bakery (fresh!) in the belle vue lounge, so no need to go outside.
the nighttime performers do their acts in the BW lobby during inclement weather, - no trek around the lake in cold january rain.
BWV's has a community hall - ping-pong, games, DVD/books, etc.
i doubt you'll want to use the big draw at the BCV in january: the pool.

the vast majority of eating venues are outside at the BW, but there are more and varied options.
there are some good dining options at the YC/BC, and many are indoors (hurricane hannahs has good burgers, ut you need to go outside to the pool area. imho, their burgers are 2nd only to BW's big rivers grille's).

honestly, if you can get BW view....there is nothing that compares :cloud9:

Sounds like BWV may be the winner-if we can get it. STD view would be great but it seems like continuous availability may be tough ( maybe even for boardwalk view too). We're going Jan 24-Feb 2 and will have dd4 and ds 1.9. I doubt we will be in the pool much, so I guess what we're looking for is the resort with the nicer amenities and rooms. Just so excited, it's going to be a tough 7 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter