shows at usf/ioa?

E

eeyoresmom

I've been reading all the books but can't find much info on shows, etc. Are there any? If so which do you recommend? Didn't one of the parks used to do a nightly fireworks show? Any info on the attractions that aren't rides would be great! Thank you.

The parks have several shows.

USF:
Beetlejuice (soon to change)
Wild Wild West Stunt Show
Blue Brothers Street Show
T2
Gory, Gruesome, and Grotesque Horror Make-Up Show
Animal Planet Live
Special Street shows (Ghostbusters, etc.)
Barney

IOA:
8th Voyage of Sinbad
Posideon's Fury
Triceratops Encounter (more like a walk-through)

If I were to choose one show, I'd do the GGG Horror Make-Up Show. It's funny!

As for fireworks, that occurs during the summer and other busy periods. Also, you may see special shows, like Xtreme Xventure at IOA, during those same periods.

Have you read Kelly Monaghan's book?

My kids (ages 7+12) liked the Sinbad and Wild Wild West show. They're both corny and goofy (the kids and the show:D).

T2-3d is an amazing, not miss attraction. But it's wayyy loud, especially at the beginning. It also has very intense, potentially scary 3D. My 7yr old was fine and liked the 3d but the things I mentioned don't bother her (now Jaws was another story:rolleyes:)

I must also stress how great the Monster Make-Up Show is. Many pass this up, make sure you see this!!!

there is an impromptu show at Men In Black with two agents bringing an alien back in custody. it is very crowd interactive and the way the crowd goes can totaly change the complextion of the show

And let's not forget the superheroes and their little to-do over at IOA... they ride their special vehicles through the crowds with sirens blaring and lights flashing, then they stop to flex their collective muscles and do meet & greets and picture posings. (Universal and IOA both have LOTS of characters all around the parks all day but especially near the entrance of Universal in the early AM)
Downstairs at the Burger Digs is a terrific interative museum/play area where you can watch dinosaurs hatch, use a special "computer" to morph yourself into a dinosaur... (and if Earl is reading this might I suggest having these machines do a printout that can be purchased would be great!) play the trivia game "You bet Jurassic" and other cool stuff.
If you have little ones there are great water/play areas in both Universal and IOA.

Universal also has a great Tribute to Lucy- more of a museum than a show but worth checking out, that includes tons of memorabilia and a cute interactive game.
And shame on you Barry for not including the Hitchcock Show, my son's personal favorite lol. That has some clips and behind the scenes stories from his best movies plus 2 cool demos at the ends that use members of the audience to re-enact 2 famous special effects from Hitch's movies. Even if you skip the show, go in through the gift shop to see the special effects demo at the end, you won't regret it!
:jester:

I loved the makeup show as well...very funny and silly!

T2 is really great as well, but slightly intense for little ones.

Hitchcock pretty cool as well, the little ones may be bored during the second part. (Warning if the movie The Birds creep you out.. don't watch that part)

The downstairs part of Jurassic is pretty cool as well, we walked around it, and decided that our kids would really enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter