• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shuttles to Disney World

Beast

<font color=006600>Is in the TF's sight...<br><fon
Okay, let's say we do the unthinkable and stay OFFSITE. I know, "Yuck!" But it's a money thing. Most (all?) of the nearby lodging have shuttles to and from the parks.

#1- Do they just go to one place (TTC?) and then you have to use Disney transportation to get to whatever park you want to go to? Or ...

#2- Do they have different shuttles to the different parks?

#3- How late do they run? If you go to Downtown Disney, do you have to head back to your hotel before midnight or your room turns back into a pumpkin??? (Oh, come on. You thought it was funny!)

ANY information that you can give will be GREATLY appreciated. I can't imagine staying off site, but you've got to consider the savings, which are considerable.

Thanks!

Hi Beast! :)

I'm going to move this over to Transportation for some answers. Those good folks will be able to help you out, I'm sure!

94 views so far and NO ONE can give me any information??? AUGH!!! People, we need help here!

Thanks!

Hi, I'll try to help ya out . . .we stayed offisite in 88 and in 91 . . .which, honestly, wasn't the end of the world . . .We stayed at the Hyatt Orlando in 88 . . .it was a very nice hotel, can't remember the cost, but our stay there was good . . .I remember more of the 91 trip . . .we stayed at the Sheraton Lakeside . . .I believe in 91 the cost of the hotel per night was $85. It was also a nice hotel . . .the transportation to WDW was good from what I remember . . .although, there was a $10/round trip per day cost to use it . . .The buses from what I remember came on a regular 20 minute interval schedule . . .one bus to MK, one bus to TTC, I want to say one came for Universal too . . .although, I'm not quite sure . . .the only pain was stopping at all the different hotels to pick up more people . . .and the same for dropping off in the evening . . .I want to say the buses run until the parks close, but again, its been 11 years, soooooooooo I'm getting old . . . ;) The hotels offsite have schedules and information on the bus runs . . .you can also get your vouchers there for the buses . . .we also bought our WDW tickets at our hotel so we wouldn't have to wait in line . . .I was inexperienced back then, didn't even think of buying them before I left home . . .There is nothing wrong with staying offsite . . .have a great time . . .and I hope I helped a bit:cool:

I think I can help you out a little bit here. All hotels have their own schedules, so just call the hotel directly and ask them what their schedule is. I specifically selected a hotel once, based on the fact that they had good transportation to Disney and also offered transportation to Sea World and Universal. Unfortunately, the tranportation will never be as convenient and frequent as what you get from within the resorts, but, with a little planning, you can save a ton of money. The hotel I stayed at offered transportation to Epcot, MGM, and the Magic Kingdom from about 8am to 12pm hourly and then again in the afternoon and evening from about 4 to 10. For leaving the hotel, it works out pretty well... but stinks for coming back if you can't plan exactly and miss your bus and have to wait another hour for it to come. On a couple of occasions, I actually took a taxi back to the hotel. It was worth the extra 20 bucks to keep staying in the park late and to leave when I felt like it. You also can't do the siesta thing as easily--where you go back to your hotel for a midday rest before the evening. Hope this helps. Basically, the transportation is pretty good, on-time, and if you don't mind a little planning, perfectly fine for getting around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter