Signs of inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, you illustrated my point completely. The reason a hash brown costs $3 is not because of labor, but because the wealthy need to obtain a certain level of return off their investment. Thus people with more money than they need… screw over the people who need it most. Hence why the middle class continues to decline and the rich get richer.

Secondly, if you’re asking me to cite a source on R&D for GM and Ford, then you’ve made a conclusion without any facts. Which goes back to my other point to educate yourself first before forming a conclusion. GM, Ford and Chrysler’s history of colluding in the 60s and 70s is well documented. GM’s history of cost cutting is well documented. Lead engineers of the Pontiac Aztec and Chevy Volt have spoken on the record on how GM completely gutted program funding for short-term profits, ultimately resulting in cars that were ridiculous. GM and Ford’s poor quality rep continues to haunt them even today.
No hash browns are 3 buck because people think a fry cook at Mac Donald’s is a 75k / year job

so since I don’t see any facts cited, I will infer you cant

Ford’s F150 is the most popular car in America …. How does that fit into you propaganda

I was middle class, now I’m not! I worked my way up….

‘’you should try it”

you realize the rose color world that you want is the reason people are flocking out of CA…
the philosophy that you are preaching has need tried and failed, every single time…
grow up
buy economics for idiots and then apologize for wasting our time

No hash browns are 3 buck because people think a fry cook at Mac Donald’s is a 75k / year job

so since I don’t see any facts cited, I will infer you cant

Ford’s F150 is the most popular car in America …. How does that fit into you propaganda

I was middle class, now I’m not! I worked my way up….

‘’you should try it”

you realize the rose color world that you want is the reason people are flocking out of CA…
the philosophy that you are preaching has need tried and failed, every single time…
grow up
buy economics for idiots and then apologize for wasting our time
You know, the Dunkin about three minutes from here pays $19/hour to start. The hash browns are still $1.39. Maybe $20/hour in California for a burger flipper isn't unreasonable at all.

And maybe, just maybe, executives could make a little bit less money so that everyone else could make a little more. The gap wasn't always as large as it is now. There's no rule that it has to be this way. In fact, in most of the developed world, it isn't.

(EDIT: And, if the Ford F-150 is the best selling "car" in America, then how can you claim that unions are holding Ford back and making them uncompetitive against non-union shops like Toyota? That doesn't make any sense at all.)

Last edited:
You know, the Dunkin about three minutes from here pays $19/hour to start. The hash browns are still $1.39. Maybe $20/hour in California for a burger flipper isn't unreasonable at all.

And maybe, just maybe, executives could make a little bit less money so that everyone else could make a little more. The gap wasn't always as large as it is now. There's no rule that it has to be this way. In fact, in most of the developed world, it isn't.
yea, dunks here start at 17… turn over is still pretty high, and the service is horrible until they have been on the job 18 months or so…

there is also no rule that says someone can’t TRY to better themselves on there own….

there is also no rule that says a capitalist economy is bad….
There is no rule that say everyone else owes something because you are having a bad day.

but please enlighten me

if I have the skill set to be one of those high paid executives shouldn’t I also be compensated fore creating jobs for thousand of employees ?

as much as you don't believe it
Or maybe understand it, but without those people that know how to make a company function and Make a profit…. It goes out of business….
all those 19 dollar and hour baristas get laid off and well you end up with a city that look like San Francisco

yea, dunks here start at 17… turn over is still pretty high, and the service is horrible until they have been on the job 18 months or so…

there is also no rule that says someone can’t TRY to better themselves on there own….

there is also no rule that says a capitalist economy is bad….
There is no rule that say everyone else owes something because you are having a bad day.

but please enlighten me

if I have the skill set to be one of those high paid executives shouldn’t I also be compensated fore creating jobs for thousand of employees ?

as much as you don't believe it
Or maybe understand it, but without those people that know how to make a company function and Make a profit…. It goes out of business….
all those 19 dollar and hour baristas get laid off and well you end up with a city that look like San Francisco
Ah, yes, the old "they deserve it" argument. I mean, sure, OK. But I'd argue that if a burger flipper is able to convince his boss to pay him $20/hour, then he deserves that, too. And if fast food workers collectively are able to convince everyone else that they deserve $20/hour, then I don't see why they shouldn't get it. I'm wiling to bet that no fast food chains leave California because of the new law.

As for San Francisco, the unemployment rate is 3.6%, the workforce size is back to what it was before the pandemic, the median income is the third highest among US cities, and the poverty rate (at 12%) is below the national average. SF has a lot of problems including chronic homelessness since the 70s (though the number of homeless people did decrease last year!) and crime (especially with gangs), but I really don't think that those problems are caused by baristas making $19/hour.

I didn't fail to notice that you conveniently ignored most of what I wrote since it's doesn't fit your worldview. It seems to me that most other developed countries have lower income inequality and lower crime rates. How nice!

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the old "they deserve it" argument. I mean, sure, OK. But I'd argue that if a burger flipper is able to convince his boss to pay him $20/hour, then he deserves that, too. And if fast food workers collectively are able to convince everyone else that they deserve $20/hour, then I don't see why they shouldn't get it. I'm wiling to bet that no fast food chains leave California because of the new law.

As for San Francisco, the unemployment rate is 3.6%, the workforce size is back to what it was before the pandemic, the median income is the third highest among US cities, and the poverty rate (at 12%) is below the national average. SF has a lot of problems including chronic homelessness since the 70s (though the number of homeless people did decrease last year!) and crime (especially with gangs), but I really don't think that those problems are caused by baristas making $19/hour.

I didn't fail to notice that you conveniently ignored most of what I wrote since it's doesn't fit your worldview. It seems to me that most other developed countries have lower income inequality and lower crime rates. How nice!

I think we are talking about two different SFOs
Or have you forget about the 4000 people in the streets.

I’m talking about the SFO with 18 million square feet of empty, vacant office space and retail space..

Btw, that represent jobs that have a left for states like Texas and Florida. Where the cost of doing business is less…

The number I saw was 150,000 jobs lost from the downtown area alone in 2022 and on pace to lose the same this year with mayor retailers pulling out do to rampant theft.

The SFO were tourism is down 16 percent this year alone do to the homeless and other safer concerns.

The SFO were 41500 home buyers left last year and over 30000 have already left this year?

If it is such a great place why at people leaving…

I also didn’t address you the grass is green argument, since the grass is always greener else where….

Oh yea, anyone that works hard to get head in life deserve the fruits of their labors.
Sorry you don’t like it, actually not sorry…

Check out Cuba some time,
I think they have everything you are looking for.

Free education,
Free help care,
The State gives you everything you want…
Best part You can get medical and legal advice from you taxi driver…

Hey folks,

I'm closing this thread due to the politics that are being brought into the discussion. Just a reminder that this board is to help with planning your Disney trips and help each other with budget advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter