Since when is this acceptable?

dreamit

DIS Veteran
I just returned from a stay in the beautiful new VGF2. DVC owners and renters are aware of and agree to the housekeeping schedule yet some choose to pile their wet, dirty towels on the brand new carpet in the hallways. The room next to ours continued to add to their pile daily. This is what we had to pass every day.

4366741D-45C5-4879-8AD6-54774EC73129.jpeg
While still disgusting, I can almlost give a pass on this occurring with cash stays because not having daily housekeeping there is borderline unacceptable. Plus, housekeeping picks up those piles in the hallway daily. DVC stays are a different story.

Last edited:
The hallway ECV is also a violation of like three rules, and they're everywhere also. I mean you couldn't fit a double stroller past that, or even certain wheelchairs. I care a lot more about that than some towels.

In normal, "deluxe" hotels, housekeeping picks up towels or room service or whatever on the floor of the hallway. There's grosser stuff than this in the halls of very nice hotels. In rooms with no service at all like DVC, putting them in the hallways makes sense to me. If the towels sat there, that means housekeeping walked by them.

And VGF2 did have a room service menu. Yum...

Last edited:

I’d stick a sign on it:

Free DNA :)

Maybe the people will see it, think twice, and figure out a better plan than throwing their wet used towels out into publicly shared areas. And to throw them on brand new no less.
I don't understand this solution at all.

This is a resort with two pools and a splash pad, and zero housekeeping. Of course you are going to put the towels in the hallway. What are you supposed to do, pile pool towels by your shower? There's housekeeping everywhere, they just didn't care.

I eventually took a couple towels off the housekeeping cart at Boardwalk, and left the dirty ones there.

This is the natural consequence of no housekeeping.

This is a resort with two pools and a splash pad, and zero housekeeping. Of course you are going to put the towels in the hallway. What are you supposed to do, pile pool towels by your shower? There's housekeeping everywhere, they just didn't care.

I eventually took a couple towels off the housekeeping cart at Boardwalk, and left the dirty ones there.

I get your point about housekeeping, but there’s a button on the phone they could call. Maybe ask at the pool what to do with used wet towels and be directed to the bins there. It’s very inconsiderate to other guests (Which my sign would be too, that was more of a joke).

I honestly thought this post was about the ECV blocking the hallway. What an incredibly frustrating scenario for someone in a larger wheelchair. And VGF2 rooms are huge. There is room for three scooters -- to stay in your room! Or at least park at the end of the hall.

I was off the main hallway at VGF2, so I didn't even notice side hallways this narrow. This is something I am sensitive to with a wheelchair bound family member. You can roll around the towels (or the old room service?) but the giant ECV yikes.

But that’s my point. I know by staying DVC that I won’t have my room serviced until Day 4. If I couldn’t figure out how to manage to the wet towels in my room, my solution would not be to have other guests looking at my mess.

I honestly thought this post was about the ECV blocking the hallway. What an incredibly frustrating scenario for someone in a larger wheelchair. And VGF2 rooms are huge. There is room for three scooters -- to stay in your room! Or at least park at the end of the hall.

I was off the main hallway at VGF2, so I didn't even notice side hallways this narrow. This is something I am sensitive to with a wheelchair bound family member. You can roll around the towels (or the old room service?) but the giant ECV yikes.
This was near the end of a main hallway. We stayed in 9440.

It's one thing if the hotel tells you to do so, but entirely a different thing for a DVC villa where the rules are pretty clear as to when to expect services. Maybe I'm just old school, but I cannot imagine ever dumping a pile of wet towels on the carpet in the hallway with an expectation that someone would pick them up for me.

Dirty "room" towels get left on the bathroom floor and "pool" towels get taken back to the dirty towel receptacle on the pool deck.

I don't think you are supposed to be taking the pool towels back to your room. There are bins at the pools for you to deposit used towels into upon leaving the pool area.

The hallway ECV is also a violation of like three rules, and they're everywhere also. I mean you couldn't fit a double stroller past that, or even certain wheelchairs. I care a lot more about that than some towels.

In normal, "deluxe" hotels, housekeeping picks up towels or room service or whatever on the floor of the hallway. There's grosser stuff than this in the halls of very nice hotels. In rooms with no service at all like DVC, putting them in the hallways makes sense to me. If the towels sat there, that means housekeeping walked by them.

And VGF2 did have a room service menu. Yum...

I only toured the one room but are the hallways that narrow there? We had no issues getting by scooters in the VG1 building even when in the more narrow area. We have a double stroller is why I say that and its 30 inches wide.

If it was more than one day I would have pushed them with my foot in front of their door each time I saw them laying there. I find putting room service trays in the hallway to be tacky even. If you are that worried about something in your room call housekeeping and have them come take care of it.

I've stayed in many hotels and when I call to get fresh towels I am usually told to leave the dirty ones outside my door. The housekeeping person who drops off fresh towels usually picks up the dirty ones. The pile should not be there that long.
Agree - especially with limited housekeeping with Covid, I have had many hotels just tell me to leave towels and trash in the hall, and they would be picked up during daily rounds. They would also leave fresh towels in a bag on my door. Not ideal in my mind, but something many have been used to recently.

Understand DVC is different than a hotel that typically has had daily service, but for people accustomed to these policies while traveling, I could see how it could be an honest mistake.

I feel like if DVC had a spot to discard towels, it may cut back on things like this somewhat. I’m sure some would still do it, but I think many would follow policy if there was something clear that could be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter