single digits are here 1 sleeps to go!

Thanks for the update. :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing some photos of and hearing all about Mt Rushmore. I would love to visit there one day!

Thanks for the update. :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing some photos of and hearing all about Mt Rushmore. I would love to visit there one day!

My DS wants to go to Mt Rushmore...I don't know where he finds all this stuff :rolleyes:

I'd love to see some pics!

I will reply to everyone later i just wanted to tell you about my awful day.
I hurt my leg driving of all things back at the beginning of the trip it cramped the whole way from Dallas to Topeka and I Have been in lots of pain ever since it has been swollen and painful, today I had it checked and I don't have DVT but was tested for it, I had a ct and an Ultrasound and blood tests am so relieved we can continue on with our trip I have to wear compression stockings for The rest of the trip. We now only have half a day in Yellowstone but as DH says we Would rather that and know I don't have DVT than be stressing any longer the bill is over $5000 they are sending it straight to the insurance company and I didn't need any treatment:eek: I have 5 days till DL so am praying for a miraculous recovery the kids said they will hire me a scooter to get around on:rotfl2:

I hurt my leg driving of all things back at the beginning of the trip it cramped the whole way from Dallas to Topeka and I Have been in lots of pain ever since it has been swollen and painful, today I had it checked and I don't have DVT but was tested for it, I had a ct and an Ultrasound and blood tests am so relieved we can continue on with our trip I have to wear compression stockings for The rest of the trip. We now only have half a day in Yellowstone but as DH says we Would rather that and know I don't have DVT than be stressing any longer the bill is over $5000 they are sending it straight to the insurance company and I didn't need any treatment:eek: I have 5 days till DL so am praying for a miraculous recovery the kids said they will hire me a scooter to get around on:rotfl2:

I hope you get better soon. Glad that you don't have DVT.....and thank goodness for travel insurance. :hug:

Get better so that you can enjoy DLR. The scooter idea sounds like a great one! Just take care of yourself.

Your update about the drive from Mt Rushmore to Cody, stopping at Mitchell Corn Palace, Badlands and Wall brought back a lot of good memories. It is a long drive with mostly only the prairies to look at.
Thanks for taking the time to post.

Oh no, sorry to hear you have been in such pain but super relieved that it isn't DVT and super serious.

I think the scooter sounds like fun so don't rule it out.

And yes, thank goodness for travel insurance.

What was Mount Rushmore like. I have this insane desire to go there but doubt I could ever convince my family :rotfl:.

You have to go! It is a photographers dream and for anyone that loves to visit the USA it's one of those must see icons. The Black Hills have lots of other family friendly activities too so maybe that could get the family there one day. You can fly in and out of Rapid City - easy peasy :thumbsup2

So glad to hear you are OK! I really hope you're feeling back to normal very soon but, if not, a scooter in Disneyland could be fun! :rotfl:

How are you finding the compression stockings? My legs swelled so badly on our last long haul flight that I'm going to wear them next time. Not thrilled but figure it's better than having tree-trunk legs for 3 days...

Andona

You have to go! It is a photographers dream and for anyone that loves to visit the USA it's one of those must see icons. The Black Hills have lots of other family friendly activities too so maybe that could get the family there one day. You can fly in and out of Rapid City - easy peasy :thumbsup2

So glad to hear you are OK! I really hope you're feeling back to normal very soon but, if not, a scooter in Disneyland could be fun! :rotfl:

How are you finding the compression stockings? My legs swelled so badly on our last long haul flight that I'm going to wear them next time. Not thrilled but figure it's better than having tree-trunk legs for 3 days...

Andona

I too had this but only in my left shin and ankle .. I got off the bne to lax flight and my left lower leg was double the size of my right one. Lots of water and no sugar or caffeine for a few days plus lots of walking helped it go down. I have compression stockings but hate them and will not be wearing them again. I find the fluid just pools above the stockings in my knees.. :(

I too had this but only in my left shin and ankle .. I got off the bne to lax flight and my left lower leg was double the size of my right one. Lots of water and no sugar or caffeine for a few days plus lots of walking helped it go down. I have compression stockings but hate them and will not be wearing them again. I find the fluid just pools above the stockings in my knees.. :(

Oh dear, that's all I need - muffin-top knees!

I have a pair of proper surgical compression stockings, they go right up above the knee but they are white and I'd rather not have to wear them if I could get away with the ordinary knee-high flesh colour ones. Maybe I'd better pack them anyway...

Andona

Wow - that is a terrible thing to happen, but so glad to hear you are OK. Talk about sticker shock with the medical costs! What a good advertisement for travel insurance! But not a good way to find out! :scratchin
Thanks for all your updates - they have made good reading! Sounds like you are having a blast. :thumbsup2
Looking forward to more as you have time (and connections!!)

just read your post...crap b00bs and bugger.
so glad nothing is there, but man..so glad you had travel insurance....
hope your feeling better and up and racing around soon.....

hugs from all of us:grouphug:

Thanks everyone, I keep typing and the iPad closes before I post I am so over it. Leg is still swollen I think we are going to skip our 3 days in New York.
Will update later. We are going to Disneyland today:woohoo::woohoo:

Oh no, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your leg.

Have fun in Disneyland though!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Oh no, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your leg.

Have fun in Disneyland though!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:thumbsup2Thanks I am finding my leg extremely annoying DH wants metro hire a scooter but that makes me feel old:rotfl2:

We went in and got fast passes for World of colour for tonight at 2 pm so we cancelled our lunch reservation for tomorrow. Haven't seen cars land yet will do tomorrow I hope.
:cheer2:We got our cabin assignment and got connecting cabins :cheer2:

Today we walked through cars land it is awesome we will attempt to ride it in the morning. We ate at Ariel's grotto for tea it was a winner by all 10 of us we loved it will defiantly be on our to do list again. world of colour was spectacular and worth the pain of standing for so long, we then went straight over to Toy story Maina and rode it, it was straight through so I think that wold be a great time to do it every night. Gotta get some sleep we are trying to hit the cars rides at 8 am. Have a good day:)

Today we walked through cars land it is awesome we will attempt to ride it in the morning. We ate at Ariel's grotto for tea it was a winner by all 10 of us we loved it will defiantly be on our to do list again. world of colour was spectacular and worth the pain of standing for so long, we then went straight over to Toy story Maina and rode it, it was straight through so I think that wold be a great time to do it every night. Gotta get some sleep we are trying to hit the cars rides at 8 am. Have a good day:)

Really looking forward to hearing more about Carsland. Please take lots and lots of pics to share won't you.

We loved Ariel's Grotto when we went so it's great to hear your family did too.

World of Color was being built when we were there last in 09 so we look forward to one day seeing it also.

:thumbsup2 we lined up first thing took us about 45 mins was an amazing ride the kids wanted to ride it again we said no it was starting to warm up hopefully they will get to o on it again. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter