Single Favorite Moment From Last Visit...

rudetreehill

Mouseketeer
What was yours?

For me, it was the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom.

My niece is two and had never seen fireworks before. We were originally off to the side of the castle, but quickly realized our view was being blocked by trees. So we headed behind the castle (this was on March 4th, I think). There was practically NOBODY behind the castle, so my niece had plenty of room.

And she needed it.

After a big, beautiful burst of color in the sky, she looked up, shrieked (for a second, I thought she was terrified) and covered her mouth with her hands as her eyes got big as saucers, obviously delighted. She began dancing and twirling and pointing up to the sky.

Yeah, that moment made the whole trip worth while.

We have several...But I think the BIggy was getting off the mafgical Express at the Grand Floridian and walking into the lobby to be met by the consierge guy and taken to the honeymoon suite. Walking into the room and seeing Cinderellas CAstle from the balcony. It was one of the most magical experiences we've ever had at disney.

The second "Moment" was riding Soarin for the first time and almost tearing up (Don;t ask me why) when the jets did their criscross...not to mention the overwhelming sense of vertigo when you are over the bridge. The ride was completely perfect...right down to the smell of orange blossoms.

The Third Moment was watching the MAgic Kingdom Fireworks from our table at NArcosee's. We were two bottles of red into dinner when they started going off...it was wonderful.

Wow this is a toughie! Let's see...

We were a GG and met up with lots of other friends who were there as well. The first full night of the trip, our second in MK (we'd gone the night before for a few hours) we all piled into BTMRR. It said there was a 40min wait, but we literally walked straight on! It was amazing to experience a ride that's become one of everyone's favorites, flying through the warm night, shrieking and screaming like we were the only ones in the park! I believe there were about 16 or so of us, and it was fantastic.

The night before, we got to MK just in time to see SpectroMagic from the porch of Tony's Town Square while waiting for our ADRs. My friend Gianna hadn't been there since she was a baby, and grabbed my arm and shrieked "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! THERE HE IS, IT'S REALLY HIM!" when Mickey came by on the float! It was such a great moment to share with her!

And now that I hear it on DISradio, I've remembered another. We all went on Soarin' together (the 8 of us). It was Mike's 2nd time - he was terrified of it last year but did it again this time to please me haha! - and my umpteenth. Seeing all of the expressions of their first ride on Soarin' was absolutely priceless!!

And my last one I promise! We had an 8:55 ADR at Coral Reef on our last night there. Well, we got two booths right in front of the aquarium, right next to each other. It was all of our first times, but several of us had always wanted to go. In minutes we had the entire place all to ourselves for the next two hours! It was truly amazing, and a wonderful way to end our trip.

My favorite moment from our last visit came within minutes of our arrival. It was like magic. Our DD was 13 years old and in the 7th grade and throughout the school year she had turned into a typical teen (testing the limits and copping an attitude). When we arrived at Disney we had some time to kill before checkin so we went to Downtown Disney to grab a bite to eat. As soon as we started walking she came up between us and held our hands and cozied up to us as though she had forgotten all about being 13. My husband and I just looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and went with the flow. The funny thing is that we were in line for Soarin a couple of days later behind a family with teenage boys and one of the boys who I would guess to be 15 or 16 reached over and held his father's hand. I was so touched. It's like, Disney has such an impact that even teenagers forget who they are and put everything behind them.

I have two..

-checking in at the Poly. I was excited enough to be staying here, and then found out that we got upgraded to CL!:banana:

-I took my dad last time because he had never been to WDW..he wanted to ride EE in the worst way, but being that he's 63...I wasn't sure he could handle it..so I took him on BTMRR as a tester. LOL, all he kept saying as the train whipped around corners was "Holy s**t!":lmao: ...thankfully, there were no small kids around!:scared1: After the ride though, he was grinning ear to ear and he said that it was really fun..He ended up riding EE twice.;)

Same here, the fireworks at MK. Our last visit is during my DS birthday last year, we are watching the fireworks then DS hugs me and he said that it's the best birthday gift he got and then kiss us. :hug:

It was my first time there and i went with my tewo best friends and are week went perfectly..no mistakes..and at the end my friend set it up that wishes was the last thing I saw before I left..lets just say i got teared up and had a hissy fit that i didnt want to go home! hahaha i was a first timer and now im a life timer..im addicted! Disney for life!:goodvibes

Being on Spalsh Mountain at the time the fireworks were going off, then a little later that night being on Big Thunder Mountain at midnight when it was the start of my birthday(we never do anything for my birthday, so I felt like a kid again).

I love riding those rides at night!

my favorite moment from my last trip was when I got picked to be one of the people for the water battle effects show at the beginning of the backlot tour ride in DHS.
I have wanted to be in that show since the first time I can remember being there I think I was 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter