Single Parents...what kinds of things to do...

lsmac

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Sly yet brilliant
This will be my first trip traveling solo and I was wondering what things they have for singles. I know my ds will be with the teen program the whole time.

BTW: tag fairy, can you change my tags?:) and I will email ya later about new ressies.

Lisa

Lisa, did DH get uninvited???

They do have a "meet and greet" the first day or so for those traveling alone and they do have some activities during the cruise.

Heck, I'll be traveling with just my DD this time too, DH does not have enough vacation for a cruise since we are doing two weeks in Hawaii this summer. You know there will be PLENTY of us to hang out with. ;)

Hi Lisa.

This will be my first trip traveling solo and I was wondering what things they have for singles. I know my ds will be with the teen program the whole time.

First of all, DS may surprise you and decided to do a whole bunch of activities with Mom. No matter how much we may all love to plan our vacations, I have learned to never take my son's actions for granted. Just when you're sure they're gonna say "white," they smile and say "orange."

Traveling solo ( whether without DH or single) is not drastically different than traveling as a couple. Besides, there happen to be benefits by traveling solo. Just to name a few: you have easier access to the commode; less likelihood of someone passing gas in the middle of the night; and, as much spa time as you can afford...

The evening activities for adults-only offer enjoyment and participation by everyone. The CMs are terrific at making sure all cruisers are well-provided for. Between the shows at The Walt Disney Theatre, activites of all sorts at Studio Sea, the Adult Cabaret Shows at Rockin' Bar D, Disney's Art of Entertaining Series, Navigator Series, Behind The Scenes Series, various dance parties, dueling pianos, movies in the Buena Vista Theatre, Castaway Club social, ports-of-call shore excursions, Disers you can be tablemates with... geeze, Lisa, it appears as though you may not have enough time to have an affair...

Michelle, well let's just say that Dh can stay home and take care of the dogs!:) Glad to hear there will be more traveling "solo" so I don't feel so "coupleless".:)

BD: You are too too funny. Yes, solo can provide benefits of
"you have easier access to the commode; less likelihood of someone passing gas in the middle of the night; and, as much spa time as you can afford...
But, you forget I am traveling with a 13 1/2 year old! So those bennies might be null and void, especially the passing gas part. LOL Seriously though, I never saw him our last trip that's why I said he would probably be with the teen group the whole time. But you are right, this time could be totally different.
As for the affair part: believe me, if a certain somebody were on board (as in The Rock or Orlando Bloom), I'd find the time! LOL

Lisa

I love sitting by the pool and reading a book in the peace and quiet. Plus I don't have to move a muscle to get a drink, they bring it to me! :jester: There are a ton of things to do for adults and I have never felt out of place doing them by myself. I just enjoy the peace and quiet and doing adult things with the little one in the club!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter