Sister Wives

In any culture that is strongly patriarchal (not just FLDS or any religion necessarily) I’d imagine a woman leaving her husband would not be approved of and being “royalty” would come with an even greater expectation of perfect compliance to the system.
Thanks for the explanation. Things must be pretty bad for her to risk absolutely everything including her heritage.

Looking forward on my DVR, the first episode is entitled "There's no ME in Polygamy" Lol
Kody wants his own plot on the land they bought and the family discusses spending the holidays apart.
Gonna be an interesting season. :eek:

I remember this. I was SO mad at him. The exercise was supposed to be about THEM and he kept turning it into being about the family.

Me too.

It is like Kody didn't learn a simple concept -

Honesty is wonderful. But sometimes there are honest thoughts that stay inside and you work on them in isolation or simply lay it to rest.

He literally thinks every thought needs to be shared.

I often think about the kids and wonder who will get this trait through DNA or osmosis. Gabe is top of my list. Mylkelti is a possibility.

I just finished watching. Kody wants a 5th house? They are so dysfunctional.

Covid really did a number on that family. Kody is a control freak, and Covid has revealed how little control he has over everyone. He's just so angry that a couple of kids have a social life. And Christine traveled! LOL, I hope he's not referring to her trip to NJ with their DAUGHTER for SURGERY.

More than anything, I think Covid has revealed additional ways that plural marriages just don't work.

Did anyone watch the new episode?

Things look really bad. Christine leaving must have felt like such a release of pressure. You can tell how unhappy she is.

When I got divorced a stayed far longer than I should have and did my mourning before I left so that when I was free it truly was a release of pres s ure and freedom. I could see it being the same for her.

Wow.

Just finished watching.

Kody needs a diagnosis at this point. He takes all his wives' plans for the land - some of which were joyful outcomes for them - and reconfigures. ***? And suddenly the pond is on his land - he has land for? And the pond takes up 50% of that land. And in the same episode he says "if that parcel of land is sold you will always have access to that pond." AND "The pond is on my land so I will do what I want with it"

***?

Someone give me a medal for writing that out. :laughing:

Last edited:
And once again -

"There is nothing for me in Utah.", said by two of them.

Nothing? Some of *your* children are in Utah. You know the one family, many mothers.

(All nothing to do with moving when they just friggin' moved.)

Last edited:
It was always so difficult to pinpoint why Christine was so "I am buying" right out of gate in Flagstaff. When the market was so high and they could have been on the land quickly.

Clear to me tonight -

She knew this was a possibility for her and was protecting that option.

Meri - no sexual relations

Christine - tonight said not even hand-holding so good chance little to no sex

Janelle - always an enigma but Kody stayed away due to Gabe and Hunter

Robyn - Robyn!

So I don't know Kody possibly only having sex with one of your wives, what problems could that possibly produce?

Wow, they’re all so angry. I know most of us aren’t Robyn fans but kudos to her for telling Kody she is not moving again. Janelle too. I think Kody wants his own house because he knows it’s all falling apart. He wouldn’t have a legal leg to stand on if the houses are all in the wives names.

I just finished watching. Kody wants a 5th house? They are so dysfunctional.

Covid really did a number on that family. Kody is a control freak, and Covid has revealed how little control he has over everyone. He's just so angry that a couple of kids have a social life. And Christine traveled! LOL, I hope he's not referring to her trip to NJ with their DAUGHTER for SURGERY.

More than anything, I think Covid has revealed additional ways that plural marriages just don't work.
I think we have to remember that these discussions were at the height of the pandemic when everyone still thought you had to wipe everything down when you walked in the door. Vaccines were still a ‘someday’ hope and no one should be gathering. At that time anyone getting together with anyone was very frowned upon by everyone and the world was still mostly shut down. It was just after summer before last, not this last summer. In that respect those boys were quite selfish IMO. Not that Kody had it all right. Makes no sense that he’s going house to house and could be dragging the virus along with him.

Meri - no sexual relations

Christine - tonight said not even hand-holding so good chance little to no sex

Janelle - always an enigma but Kody stayed away due to Gabe and Hunter

Robyn - Robyn!

So I don't know Kody possibly only having sex with one of your wives, what problems could that possibly produce?
Robyn said she and Kody weren’t in a good place either. Janelle and Kody have always been friends first. It doesn’t feel like he’s friends with his other wives.

think we have to remember that these discussions were at the height of the pandemic when everyone still thought you had to wipe everything down when you walked in the door. Vaccines were still a ‘someday’ hope and no one should be gathering. At that time anyone getting together with anyone was very frowned upon by everyone and the world was still mostly shut down. It was just after summer before last, not this last summer. In that respect those boys were quite selfish IMO. Not that Kody had it all right. Makes no sense that he’s going house to house and could be dragging the virus along with him.

Yes a very different time. I have to remind myself at times a la Why did I need to do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter