Sister Wives

I took the "unsafe" comment from Christine to be more of she was going to say something that she regretted or maybe the stuff she wanted to say was something that she did not want the camera's on for and so she ended it.

Possibly.

I did see it like that somewhat, in that she could not control her emotions in that moment.

But then again Christine has said a lot over the years that are not great for everyone involved to have on tape.

There’s some talk on social media that “fully functioning marriage” is code for a marriage with sexual intimacy. So when Christine had her breakdown at the property and asked why she would stay when she didn’t have a fully functioning marriage but Kody had one with another wife (I can’t remember the exact phrase), it meant she was in a non intimate marriage. Kody has talked about Meri and referenced their lack of being in fully functioning marriage and it was specific to sexual intimacy.

All that to say, if I was Christine, I can totally see why she would be more emotional and reactive to the situation if that’s the case.

Yes.

I actually thought she was talking about not having a sexual relationship, while watching.

I assumed that.

(Besides Kody not being a good friend to her as well.)

I only watched a small amount of the last episode, but I could clearly see and hear the disappointment and sadness in Ysabel's voice when discussing the fact her dad wasn't going to be there for her. She could clearly see his excuse as being just that. That poor girl

Yes. Heartbreaking to watch.

I also felt that it was Christine's role to explain to Ysabel why it did not make sense, during this climate, for Kody to come. That might have easily happened in a regular family. Many fathers - or spouses - do not and can not make that same decision, no matter how much they want to. For Ysabel to say more than once in the last couple of episodes "I do not know why he isn't coming" and the rawness of her emotion makes me think Christine does not do that.
I am not arguing the stupidity and horrid choice of not comforting, hugging and understanding what your daughter is going through. Kody was wrong and it has been awful to see.

And am not arguing that there isn't too much being given to one of his families, with his decisions. That is both destructive and gross. And the kids are not stupid. They see right through it and it has to hurt.

I also felt that it was Christine's role to explain to Ysabel why it did not make sense, during this climate, for Kody to come. That might have easily happened in a regular family. Many fathers - or spouses - do not and can not make that same decision, no matter how much they want to. For Ysabel to say more than once in the last couple of episodes "I do not know why he isn't coming" and the rawness of her emotion makes me think Christine does not do that.
I am not arguing the stupidity and horrid choice of not comforting, hugging and understanding what your daughter is going through. Kody was wrong and it has been awful to see.

And am not arguing that there isn't too much being given to one of his families, with his decisions. That is both destructive and gross. And the kids are not stupid. They see right through it and it has to hurt.
I disagree 100%. If it was a dance recital, or even a minor procedure, maybe. Or if it was because he wasn't coming over for dinner. But I would not cover for him not making the decision to not be there for her during a major surgery like that. She was the most pressing need at that moment and needed to be his priority. And that's on Kody to explain. Christine shouldn't have to cover for him on that.

I disagree 100%. If it was a dance recital, or even a minor procedure, maybe. Or if it was because he wasn't coming over for dinner. But I would not cover for him not making the decision to not be there for her during a major surgery like that. She was the most pressing need at that moment and needed to be his priority. And that's on Kody to explain. Christine shouldn't have to cover for him on that.

Of course he should explain and I believe he did.

And I agree this is a priority and Kody failed in many ways.

Christine does not *have to* do a thing.
But it is not to cover for him at all, it is to explain life circumstances to a young adult or child. Many fathers - or other spouses - could not make that work in normal times with responsibilities of life (because of location). All the time in families one parent physically is there, when another is not in these kinds of circumstances (but desperately wants to be if you are a loving parent). Throw in Covid, just necessities - not arguing Covid - and it is more complicated.

Once again, not arguing Kody's failures. Which are many with Ysabel (and Christine).

Of course he should explain and I believe he did.

And I agree this is a priority and Kody failed in many ways.

Christine does not *have to* do a thing.
But it is not to cover for him at all, it is to explain life circumstances to a young adult or child. Many fathers - or other spouses - could not make that work in normal times with responsibilities of life (because of location). All the time in families one parent physically is there, when another is not in these kinds of circumstances (but desperately wants to be if you are a loving parent). Throw in Covid, just necessities - not arguing Covid - and it is more complicated.

Once again, not arguing Kody's failures. Which are many with Ysabel (and Christine).
And I'm agreeing with you for almost all other circumstances. I believe Christine bears some of the responsibility to explain because she *chose* this life in which to raise her kids. She *chose* to parent with only a fraction of a spouse. But in this circumstance, I believe almost anyone else would have found a way to be there. So in this case, I would not run interference and cover for him.

Christine to Ysabel - your dad can’t come with you to support you during your surgery because he can’t stand the thought of being away from Robyn for 6 weeks. But, he is totally cool with being away from you for 6 weeks. No real good way to sugarcoat that fact.

IMHO, the better decision matrix would have been: do I hug my child before a life-changing surgery then quarantine for 2 weeks or go to the surgery and not see the other kids for 6 weeks. I would never let her go without a hug or being with her. It's obvious that they can see each other outdoors so he would not have been in a jail cell with no lifelines for the 2 weeks. Just couldn't be within 6 feet, according to his personal rules. It would also be a life lesson for the other kids on how to love and support each other. They are a family!

A quick hug outdoors would not have hurt Kody or anyone else.

And would have been huge to Ysabel.

She's 18. Not a young child. She knows what's going on, regardless of if Christine talks about Kody or not.

Just like Janelle's sons. They're young adults with young adult lives and jobs.

The other thing is Christine is taking all the kids at home with her — so it’s not just Ysabel who will be without dad for six weeks. He is clearly choosing Sobyn’s brood over Christine’s. And he’s given up on Janelle’s kids who are older. I think he’s making a clear choice and blatantly so that no one can miss it. Meri is vaguely amused because she enjoys not being the one most on the outs with Kodi.

Kody did not have to go for the full 6 weeks. Christine said they were going 2 weeks (I think but may have been only a week) before the surgery. Kody could have flown in a day or 2 before the surgery, stayed for a week or 2 after and then fly home. At most then, with quarantining, it would only be like 4 weeks. He could have been there for Ysabel during the part that she really needed him for. It makes me so mad that he didn't even entertain that there was other options.

I missed the episode when Cody said he was grossed out by Christine on their first date? What was he grossed out by?
Guess it’s no surprise what’s happening - seems like every reality family ends up getting divorced. They become seduced by fame and celebrity.
I wonder how Christine will continue to live lavishly now she’s off the show with no job? Maybe TLC will do a spin off with her family lol.

Does Kodi still have to support her if they are separated? I mean according to their culture, not legally. At the very least he should have to support the minor children -- but lavish may be another story.

Does Kody really support anyone? Or are they all supporting him at this point?
They are certainly his emotional support...I think TLC is his financial gravy train. If Christine is still on the show, I would think she'd still be paid -- but I don't know if they just get a family payment or the Sister Wives are separately compensated?

kody has admitted to having had covid at some point. he is doing those Cameo videos that fans pay for and one of them was shared by the fan during which he says-

"Your daughter Aleah wanted me to let you know that I empathize with your situation with COVID — not completely, but I’ve had it and it did bad things to me. It was really hard. And, uh, boy! A tough thing to deal with! So I am very sorry about that.”

so i'm wondering how many members of the family may have gotten it as well-seems like he would be the super spreader in this situation since he's the only common factor of traveling between every single home.

I missed the episode when Cody said he was grossed out by Christine on their first date? What was he grossed out by?
Guess it’s no surprise what’s happening - seems like every reality family ends up getting divorced. They become seduced by fame and celebrity.
I wonder how Christine will continue to live lavishly now she’s off the show with no job? Maybe TLC will do a spin off with her family lol.

I think it was in a book he/they wrote. If I remember correctly, they were on a date and she was eating nachos in the car and he said he was really grossed out by her eating them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter