Sister Wives

Exactly, I mean she's typically the loud, life of the party girl and when that person suddenly slips into Jessica Rabbit, it's really off putting.

Maybe she meant that by buying a house instead of renting was to ensure that she had some sort of property of her own and couldn't be kicked out, and would have something of value to sell when things went south? I can see that as being a smart move IF you can make the payments yourself without the Kodester lol.
I wish we had a better idea of how all of their financial dealings work. I know it's nosey, but they're trying to sell polygamy as a viable way of life, and the finances are a big part of it.

Maybe she needed Kody's name on the loan initially so she could qualify for the loan? I heard theories that one of the reasons they took his name off when they did was so he could restructure his debt with Robyn on that house and maybe for Coyote Pass.

One moment I can't get past in that episode was Kody commenting that "they" would have built her a house out on CP. Once again, don't know the financial details, but I have a hunch if anyone builds out there, it won't be a "they" thing (with perhaps the exception of Robyn).

I can see why you'd think she was plotting her exit long term, but I just personally feel like she's not that calculating. I feel like she was just working her way through it without too much of a master plan. She just doesn't strike me as being that conniving.

Help me understand why buying a house in Flagstaff plays into this? I'm curious. I did think that whole episode leading up to the move to Flagstaff was strange. I just felt like her biggest issue was not wanting to live under one roof. Seems to me that if she wanted to remain ready to bolt, renting would have been a better choice.

I want to be clear I was not blaming Christine for going for Thanksgiving. I simply heard her one too many times making it like she had to - for the children's sake. Go see your children. Have fun. But I got tired hearing her making it seem that is was not because she wanted to go.

I understand about renting. But when people asked her why buying she often got really sharp. And my ears perked up. My gut said she saw possibly leaving at some point during that time (no concrete plan and heck I am right with that thought as Kody is now saying that is true, that she has told multiple people over the years), but later than now, and wanted to know she had that financial return for the future. Not losing money to renting. I know people can actually lose money on short term buying and with house upkeep. I just happen to live in a city that has been up, up and crazy up for years on end. Sometimes within half a year. It is crazy. So that fact might cloud my judgment. But once again she might have thought it would be much later. And wanted her money to grow for more choices and be separate.
Christine would never admit it anyway, she would rather run another narrative not she was in control (control is of course a good thing) the whole time.

I do not see Christine as conniving. But I do see her as way more calculating than others see her.

I do not dislike her. Am happy that she is free from such a painful marriage and still have all the older children connected to her. And wish her the best.

She is an interesting one, because she is also quite wonderfully frank and that is usually not paired with disingenuous.

And by the way, I agree with you about the voice being immature in nature. But that ties in with me reading those moments so off the actual truth.

Last edited:
In a generally upbeat and perky person, I take the quiet, trembly voice to mean “pay attention; I’m now saying something very somber and thoughtful and it is important!”. I’ve seen this pattern a lot in chatterboxes who realize they get tuned out a good deal of the time. :hyper2:

In a generally upbeat and perky person, I take the quiet, trembly voice to mean “pay attention; I’m now saying something very somber and thoughtful and it is important!”. I’ve seen this pattern a lot in chatterboxes who realize they get tuned out a good deal of the time. :hyper2:

Possibly Annette

I still see it as I am about to tell a story. So hey both things can be true.

I am someone who smells disingenuous from a mile away.

Although I know I sound very very judgmental. :rotfl2::drinking1

-------

(And while I have your attention Annette- umm leadership challenge - Mes amis I give you a beer, you give me the leadership. :laughing:)

I wish we had a better idea of how all of their financial dealings work. I know it's nosey, but they're trying to sell polygamy as a viable way of life, and the finances are a big part of it.

Maybe she needed Kody's name on the loan initially so she could qualify for the loan? I heard theories that one of the reasons they took his name off when they did was so he could restructure his debt with Robyn on that house and maybe for Coyote Pass.

One moment I can't get past in that episode was Kody commenting that "they" would have built her a house out on CP. Once again, don't know the financial details, but I have a hunch if anyone builds out there, it won't be a "they" thing (with perhaps the exception of Robyn).
I don't think they will ever show their financial dealings again. I recall they did some of that in the early years. Fro what I recall, all income was pooled and they divided among the wives and each wife "ran" their own home? But, I recall their being a lot of financial issues with the Las Vegas houses. I would be surprised if Kody was in fact listed on the mortgage or deed of Christine's AZ house. I wonder if the house(s) were purchased under corporations or if we can just look using the town's property record database.

Possibly Annette

I still see it as I am about to tell a story. So hey both things can be true.

I am someone who smells disingenuous from a mile away.

Although I know I sound very very judgmental. :rotfl2::drinking1

-------

(And while I have your attention Annette- umm leadership challenge - Mes amis I give you a beer, you give me the leadership. :laughing:)
We need a "winky" emoji in the likes. ;) And in happier news, how 'bout them Raptors!! :teeth:

I don't think they will ever show their financial dealings again. I recall they did some of that in the early years. Fro what I recall, all income was pooled and they divided among the wives and each wife "ran" their own home? But, I recall their being a lot of financial issues with the Las Vegas houses. I would be surprised if Kody was in fact listed on the mortgage or deed of Christine's AZ house. I wonder if the house(s) were purchased under corporations or if we can just look using the town's property record database.
OMG guys/ladies. So much public information on the properties is available online. I'm not going to start listing everything, but I'm surprised how easy it was to find information

I watched the tell-all episode last night, and I think I’m about done. If Janelle can see how Kody treated her sons and say that she still thinks he’s a great father, she’s in denial, a horrible judge of character, or it has to all be fake.

Robyn claims that Christine isn’t trying when she’s been trying for close to 30 years. She’s delusional or it’s all fake. Plus, how come Kody can unilaterally decide that a marriage is over and the wife is supposed to stay there and act friendly.

I’m tired of Kody’s meanness to everyone. I’m tired of Robyn’s fake crying (she’s a horrible actress). I’m tired of everyone pretending that Kody isn’t a giant jerk. I’m tired of them all, and I used to like Christine and Janelle.

That said, I’m sure I’ll watch part 3, but I think then I’ll tell my dvr to forget looking for new ones.

Firmly believe Kody is in deep 💩 MENopause, toxic, & emotionally/mentality abusive.
Robyn is suffering from stockholm syndrome hence the fake crying & carefully planning her responses.
Meri is using the show for $$$.
Janelle is fed up.
Christine although broke free after being used for decades, is healing.

Kody - The Narcissist
Robyn - The Golden Child
Meri - Was The Scapegoat, then became The Lost Child & Flying Monkey
Janelle - The Enabler
Christine, Was The Lost Child, then became The Scapegoat.

Now that Christine is gone. Janelle will become The Scapegoat as she's been standing up against Kody. The Narcissist always has to have their Scapegoat. I'm also done with this toxicity.

Robyn claims that Christine isn’t trying when she’s been trying for close to 30 years. She’s delusional or it’s all fake.

So ridiculous. And Robyn has no clue what they have gone through, well she has Kody's thoughts no doubt. Sigh.

If Janelle can see how Kody treated her sons and say that she still thinks he’s a great father, she’s in denial, a horrible judge of character, or it has to all be fake.

On this one, I simply think Christine misspoke, with tense. I believe that Christine was trying to explain Janelle and Kody's bond over the years and it has nothing to do with his ******* ways with the kids in present time.

A la in general before - they are bonded as friends and Janelle *thought* he was a good father. That is what she loved - that they were really connected and she thought he did well as a father.

Flying Monkey

:rotfl2:

There is nothing funny about Meri right now. :sad2: But my God that is a perfect label.

-----------

I could hardly take much in. I was doing things like "Christine great new colour of blond" and "I can not watch Meri walk in one more time."
Her walk shows everything to me.

Was hard watching the last 2 shows…Kody is such a jerk! He expects loyalty and respect, but he treats 3 of his wives like “kinda” friends. Meri says she still loves him, but wow…she says basically no intimacy for about 10 yrs! She is still in it for the TV paycheck. Janelle needs to wake up as to how he is treating his older kids, especially her boys. Now that Christine is out, Janelle will start to get Kody’s crap laid on her. He already does not like her…remember he got mad and called her the “Teflon queen”! I admire Christine for making a hard decision for her and her family and wish her well. Wonder if she will now be off the show. I’m sure Kody will be asking her to stay in camera, because that means more $$$ for all. (I’ve always wondered, is the show their only source of income? Never here of anyone going to work at a job)

He expects loyalty and respect, but he treats 3 of his wives like “kinda” friends.

Exactly.

But then again it is because that the truth for him. I honestly do not think he ever loved any of his wives in the manner that the West deems appropriate for marriage. Not necessary of course, he could simply choose to do better. And does not. And scolds them for their lack of loyalty when he shows none to them.

I think he felt things for Robyn that were not there before. I will not say in love, because I do not think he is capable. But something. In addition to the fact she obeys.

He is in a monogamous marriage and should just say so, and go live it.

Last edited:
I did like hearing Christine and Kody's take on the celestial outcome on the divorce. And the church's role and power. They were not only in tandem, but for a split second it seemed like Kody respects Christine.

-------

@wenrob - hope things are well with you.

AND

Really missing your take.

Last edited:
TLC needs to cancel their show.

meri announced a couple of weeks ago that filming of the next season has already begun.

I did like hearing Christine and Kody's take on the celestial outcome on the divorce. And the church's role and power. They were not only in tandem, but for a split second it seemed like Kody respects Christine.

i just don't get this. i understand her position that she has'nt been a member of the faith for years and does'nt believe in the concept of being sealed for eternity to kody or anyone else BUT kody supposedly still has ties to the faith (if not the physical church, still believes in the principles) so how he can justify that by virtue of christine not believing in it that somehow cancels out their sealing goes against everything his faith practices. no, he does'nt have to be unsealed and he can go on and be sealed to as many women as he desires but absent a formally approved unsealing being issued to christine then even if she goes on and marries someone else she (a) cannot be sealed to that person (if she relents and goes back to the faith) and (b) will be forever bound for eternity to be back with kody :crazy2:

if i were christine, believe in that faith or not-i would be getting a formal unsealing just to ensure i wouldn't be stuck with kody as my eternal 'god':car::car::car::car::car::car:

if any of his adult children have any semblance of more than a cordial relationship with him after viewing this i would question their motives b/c he clearly has no use for them once they turn 18 except to gather them for holidays and events and hold court so he can be praised and honored as the patriarch supreme.

I winced when he said that he and the boys needed counseling. Well, maybe they do BUT counseling didn't work with Christine. I seriously wonder what he thinks counseling will accomplish that a genuine, loving conversation with his sons can't.

I winced when he said that he and the boys needed counseling. Well, maybe they do BUT counseling didn't work with Christine. I seriously wonder what he thinks counseling will accomplish that a genuine, loving conversation with his sons can't.
He wants a “counselor” who will tell the boys that they are to bow down to their father in all matters or get out and don’t bother him any more. He doesn’t think he’s wrong asking for his version of loyalty and respect while giving nothing back.

if any of his adult children have any semblance of more than a cordial relationship with him after viewing this i would question their motives b/c he clearly has no use for them once they turn 18 except to gather them for holidays and events and hold court so he can be praised and honored as the patriarch supreme.
Right. He needs them to gather and "hold court" for his favored tender aged children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter