Sister Wives

Agreed about Truely.
She missed out on the big group that grew up together. Majority of siblings have moved away and covid has kept her from Robyn’s kids.
Kody and Robyn's rules kept her from Robyn's kids.

Other families found ways to see extended family. They could have met up outdoors regularly throughout Covid.

By Spring of 2021, most of us had figured out how to stay in close touch with extended family. Yes, outdoor events and lots of social media contacts. They didn't feel the need to get together so they didn't push Kody about it. His rigid rules created a bigger divide than was already there. Just my opinion from watching the show.

Kody really is a moron. If you have multiple wives that are unhappy the common denominator is you. Also, your children all saying the same things means the issue is you. He is going to turn most of his family against him and then he will only have Robin and her family. Who knows, maybe her kids will turn against him too. So sad to watch.

Kody really is a moron. If you have multiple wives that are unhappy the common denominator is you. Also, your children all saying the same things means the issue is you. He is going to turn most of his family against him and then he will only have Robin and her family. Who knows, maybe her kids will turn against him too. So sad to watch.
Given that their motivation for polygamy is theological, I'd be fascinated to hear how his crumbling earthly family is thought to impact his celestial kingdom? Aren't they supposed to all be there together? Would anybody who didn't want to be there, be relegated to eternity under his headship? popcorn::

1- Why wasn't Kody with Meri on the drive to see her dying mother?
2- Why was Mykelti living with Robyn to help with her school age kids when her own mother had just had a newborn?
3- It's too hard to stand outside for 5 minutes in the cold to see your kid?
4- 50/50? You never spent time with her before the move.

1- Why wasn't Kody with Meri on the drive to see her dying mother?
2- Why was Mykelti living with Robyn to help with her school age kids when her own mother had just had a newborn?
3- It's too hard to stand outside for 5 minutes in the cold to see your kid?
1 - I was so sad for Meri, watching her make that drive alone. You certainly wouldn't guess she's part of a large family. She's a schmuck for settling for that.

2 - Solid question.

3 - Apparently it is indeed too hard.

4 - Never fear though. He'll apparently be seeing a lot more of her when Christine leaves. Crazy times. Although He and Robyn will probably use Truely as an unpaid babysitter when she visits rather than actually spending quality time with her.

Christine moved a year ago. Wonder how often Truely has seen her father in that last year.
I'd love to know. I can absolutely see Kody insisting on a strict schedule just to be an *** (which I only say because he saw so little of her the last 2 years).

love to see that custody arrangement since per the kody covid protocol neither he nor any of robyn's household would be able to come in contact with truley for a minimum of 2 weeks after her arrival it would seem that all of his custodial time with her would entail her being quarantined separated from the rest (are they going to let a 12 year old live alone somewhere cuz i don't foresee them letting their nanny get contaminated by coming in contact with her).

interesting factoid i just looked up-since christine has established residency with truley in utah then truley can make a choice when she hits 14 of opting out of visitation with kody WHILE if christine had remained in arizona truley's personal choice would carry no weight so long as she is a minor. i feel for truley-age wise she was closest to the youngest kids (born via robyn) but once the pandemic hit those relationships were severed. i hope she can establish some strong friendships in her new homebase.

I also didn't understand why Christine had to schedule Ysabel's COVID test. Why can't Kody schedule it or help her schedule it? His complete disinterest/disengagement from the older kids EXCEPT Robyn's older kids is disturbing.
Me either. I thought that was pretty revealing. He's used to telling people what to do, and likely does almost nothing in terms of family responsibility himself. "Can't you just do this for me? Wah wah wah"

Also, what's up with Mykelti not wanting her dad there because it's awkward but inviting all of America to be up close and personal in the birth? I really do not want to see every birth story in great detail in the family.

Christine was very gracious about how she treated Robyn in that whole scenario so no one can say she is unkind to that woman. I can't imagine having the person who I view as a serious contributing factor to the demise of my marriage in a zoom call while my daughter is giving birth. But kudos to her for being open to sharing those moments with Robyn.

I still don't understand why Robyn has constantly needed help with her children and household in order to function. It's ridiculous that Mykelti needed to live with her. And if you can't manage the children you already have then perhaps having more isn't a great idea.

Also, what's up with Mykelti not wanting her dad there because it's awkward but inviting all of America to be up close and personal in the birth? I really do not want to see every birth story in great detail in the family.

Christine was very gracious about how she treated Robyn in that whole scenario so no one can say she is unkind to that woman. I can't imagine having the person who I view as a serious contributing factor to the demise of my marriage in a zoom call while my daughter is giving birth. But kudos to her for being open to sharing those moments with Robyn.

I still don't understand why Robyn has constantly needed help with her children and household in order to function. It's ridiculous that Mykelti needed to live with her. And if you can't manage the children you already have then perhaps having more isn't a great idea.
Lol, I totally agree with all of this! I was thinking much the same. And when she said she didn't want Cody there for such a personal moment, I was like "yes, you get it." It was so weird with Maddie's first birth. Not that I think he couldn't have been there, outside the room. But honestly, I think he doesn't care anymore and would rather stay cozy with Robyn and her kids.
BUT, then she proceeded to have a camera crew there for some VERY personal moments! SMH

That's a very valid point. But Kody somehow managed to insert himself right into the middle of Maddie's birth experience. I doubt the camera crew there recording it were even half as obtrusive to her as Kody was with Maddie.

I also think it's one thing to show footage of your experience with private parts blurred out. It would be another to have your father right there in the thick of it with no blurring happening.

I was happy to hear Janelle's response of "go see her in the backyard!". It's your child, whether or not it's cold outside. I wonder if she tells Kody the same stuff in private that she shares in the solo interviews on camera.

Did anybody else watch Robyn's face during the video group call? She certainly wasn't supporting Kody and acted like it was painful that the others got to do what they wanted. She's certainly not a happy wife.

I was happy to hear Janelle's response of "go see her in the backyard!". It's your child, whether or not it's cold outside. I wonder if she tells Kody the same stuff in private that she shares in the solo interviews on camera.

Did anybody else watch Robyn's face during the video group call? She certainly wasn't supporting Kody and acted like it was painful that the others got to do what they wanted. She's certainly not a happy wife.
I did watch Robyn during their Zoom call. Hard not to. She was saying a lot without uttering a word. She needs to learn to speak up.

Interesting insight on this particular type of polygamy last night. :scratchin Meri’s plural family of origin was apparently also troubled, with what she described as “some of the wives” having left (makes you wonder how many there were?). And Christine’s own mother, who would have also been part of the “polygamy royalty” of their sect, left her plural marriage and children. It really leans toward being an issue of “this system just can’t work”, regardless of what a jerk Kody is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter