Sister Wives

The show should have been cancelled two seasons ago. Had they not had the show, a lot of the family turmoil may not have happened. A tragedy all around.

They have completed taping season 19. I hope they don’t air it.

Let’s end with that wonderful wedding finale.

Give this family some respect and privacy.

I was so sad when I saw the news... Poor Janelle & her kids. Something makes me think that the family will hold this against Kody & Robin and it may mean that the family will never be fixed after this.

Not sure if I want them to cancel the next season or not but if they do go ahead with it then they should do some education on resources for those who feel like they may want to take their lives.

It is just devastating to hear of these things...

We had a close friend die to suicide last year and it was devastating. I can’t even fathom losing a child in that way.

Janelle and Christine loved those children so very much. (I know the whole family did but those two were a bit different)

If they continue to air the show I hope they really push the narrative for men to take care of their mental health and that there is no shame in it. When our friend died we felt his family should’ve used it as a platform for men and their mental health but they instead chose to keep it very hush.

As much as I think Kody has screwed up and regardless of my feelings of the show; I strongly believe it is important to acknowledge no one should be held accountable or be blamed for someone elses mental health and choice to end their life. It is a very complicated situation and hard to understand that level of pain and struggle and it is not fair/nor would anything good at placing blame.

As much as I think Kody has screwed up and regardless of my feelings of the show; I strongly believe it is important to acknowledge no one should be held accountable or be blamed for someone elses mental health and choice to end their life. It is a very complicated situation and hard to understand that level of pain and struggle and it is not fair/nor would anything good at placing blame.
I don't disagree. But I bet it won't be long before Kody is throwing around some blame.

That is heartbreaking. Young people don’t always have the mental ability to deal with stressful issues and relationships. As the get older and mature, they often realize that life goes on and that it isn’t the end of the world. But being immature and impulsive, they make decisions without thinking of the damage this causes to loved ones. Often they don’t even tell family their dark thoughts so no one even has a chance to help them. It’s all so sad.

updated reports indicate that janelle learned of what she perceived as some concerning texts garrison had sent to a select group of people (she was not one of them). she made contact with him via text but then subsequently could not so she reached out to some of the sibs and asked that they check on him. not sure where gabe was at the time but he traveled to get there and discovered the body. there were 3 roommates in the house who at some point in prior hours had heard what they describe as a 'small pop' sound but they did'nt equate it with being a gunshot, nor did any of them go checking up on garrison when he went unseen/unheard from for hours in his bedroom.

I lost my oldest nephew to suicide almost 2 years ago and it was absolutely devastating, our family will never be the same. My heart goes out to Janelle and her children, this is so tragic. Poor Gabe.

I hope Kody dies a slow death covered in boils.

just saw this report-

A police report detailing the immediate aftermath of the death of Sister Wives star Robert Garrison Brown revealed a detail involving the whereabouts of Garrison’s father, Kody Brown, after his son's death.

“After speaking with Janelle, Gabe left the scene to pick up his father and return with him to the apartment,” the report obtained by In Touch read, referring to Gabriel Brown, the brother of the late Garrison, who discovered his body on Tuesday, March 5, and contacted police. “However, another family member went to assist, and Gabe returned a while later on his own,” the report continued.

Janelle Brown, Garrison’s mother, told a responding officer that Garrison had been "estranged from his father".

We had a close friend die to suicide last year and it was devastating. I can’t even fathom losing a child in that way.

Janelle and Christine loved those children so very much. (I know the whole family did but those two were a bit different)

If they continue to air the show I hope they really push the narrative for men to take care of their mental health and that there is no shame in it. When our friend died we felt his family should’ve used it as a platform for men and their mental health but they instead chose to keep it very hush.
While I agree that we (collectively) would be better off if we rejected the stigma and talked openly about mental health struggles, I would urge that you refrain from judging how a family grieves.

They are in an incredibly difficult situation. One often filled with guilt on top of grief. They are under no obligation to grieve as others see fit. Anything other than support is unhelpful and out of place.

As to the show, I don’t know how they could air a season filmed prior to such a tragedy as if it didn’t happen but I’ll bet they’ll find a way because…money.

While I agree that we (collectively) would be better off if we rejected the stigma and talked openly about mental health struggles, I would urge that you refrain from judging how a family grieves.

They are in an incredibly difficult situation. One often filled with guilt on top of grief. They are under no obligation to grieve as others see fit. Anything other than support is unhelpful and out of place.

As to the show, I don’t know how they could air a season filmed prior to such a tragedy as if it didn’t happen but I’ll bet they’ll find a way because…money.

I’m not judging them. Just because we would’ve done things differently doesn’t mean we are judging them. We were very supportive and extremely helpful as his friends were actually closer to him than most of his family. Yes we felt it would’ve been nice had they gone another route but at the end of the day he was their son/brother/uncle and we respected their decisions and kept our mouths shut. Everyone grieves different and it’s not my place to tell anyone how they should deal with a situation.

Last edited:
From what they are reporting Janelle stated that Kody and Garrison were still estranged. Kody does not hold any responsibility for Garrison's choices. Nor does Janelle or anybody but Garrison. However...... This is the path Kody paved for himself. And like others, it's a path I seriously doubt this man will stray off of. He will not own that his son died and Kody lost the chance to fix their relationship, to look at his choices again, to revisit the words HE spoke and the hurt HE inflicted. He will focus on how he's been wronged again at some point.

I have little sympathy for Kody unless we see a 180 with him. It's all for Garrison, Janelle, Christine and the kids. Even Meri I have sympathy for here before I get to the master manipulator and his croney who threw out Garrison because he was trying to find happiness at a miserable time and refused to dance to Kody's tune.

snip In a January 2022 episode, Gabe insisted that he and his girlfriend, Peyton, should be able to see each other during the pandemic since she was self-isolating. After Kody said that he was uneasy with the fact that he couldn’t be sure Peyton was following COVID-related protocols at the time, Gabe said, “I can’t take Peyton out of the equation.”

“OK, I understand that, Gabe. I mean, Gabriel, the real issue here is you had to choose between me coming over or seeing your girlfriend,” Kody responded, which made Gabe upset.

“Why?” Gabe asked. “Why was I made to make that decision?”

“I’m tired of it. It’s literally ruining our family,” Gabe told cameras in a confessional about Kody’s COVID restrictions.

snip
In the episode filmed on October 11, 2021, Kody called Gabe after he and Robyn contracted COVID-19. While discussing his symptoms with Gabe, the father of 18 seemingly forgot that the call took place on his son’s birthday.

“I didn’t remind him that it was my birthday because I wanted to see if he remembered,” Gabe admitted during a confessional. “And he didn’t. So to him, it was just a phone call just asking me about COVID.”

He wiped tears from his eyes before adding, “It was a lot worse than just a phone call for me.”
Gabe then shared that Kody called him again hours later to apologize for not wishing him a happy birthday, though he said that his father’s effort came too late.

“That’s the last time I ever talked to my dad,” he told the cameras.

snip In a January 2022 episode, Gabe insisted that he and his girlfriend, Peyton, should be able to see each other during the pandemic since she was self-isolating. After Kody said that he was uneasy with the fact that he couldn’t be sure Peyton was following COVID-related protocols at the time, Gabe said, “I can’t take Peyton out of the equation.”

“OK, I understand that, Gabe. I mean, Gabriel, the real issue here is you had to choose between me coming over or seeing your girlfriend,” Kody responded, which made Gabe upset.

“Why?” Gabe asked. “Why was I made to make that decision?”

“I’m tired of it. It’s literally ruining our family,” Gabe told cameras in a confessional about Kody’s COVID restrictions.

snip
In the episode filmed on October 11, 2021, Kody called Gabe after he and Robyn contracted COVID-19. While discussing his symptoms with Gabe, the father of 18 seemingly forgot that the call took place on his son’s birthday.

“I didn’t remind him that it was my birthday because I wanted to see if he remembered,” Gabe admitted during a confessional. “And he didn’t. So to him, it was just a phone call just asking me about COVID.”

He wiped tears from his eyes before adding, “It was a lot worse than just a phone call for me.”
Gabe then shared that Kody called him again hours later to apologize for not wishing him a happy birthday, though he said that his father’s effort came too late.

“That’s the last time I ever talked to my dad,” he told the cameras.
It's almost unbearable to go back and look at some of these conversations.

Kody thought the life of every member of that family should revolve around him. He thought those kids should give up having any sort of an outside life during Covid so he could pop in once a week or whatever (probably not even that much).

At least Garrison (hopefully) got to see Janelle say she was choosing the kids (and the dogs) every time.

I'm all for giving grace during situations like this. But Kody was SO far over the line, I'm not sure I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter