Sitting at an AYCTE and not eating....allowed?

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
We've gone to nice TS before where some in our party, who were picky, didn't eat and just enjoyed a rest while we dined. But what about AYCTE like Liberty Tree? We have 3 and 1 doesn't eat anything....ya think they can still sit with us? Anyone have any experience? TIA!

We've gone to nice TS before where some in our party, who were picky, didn't eat and just enjoyed a rest while we dined. But what about AYCTE like Liberty Tree? We have 3 and 1 doesn't eat anything....ya think they can still sit with us? Anyone have any experience? TIA!

Unfortunately, no. That one person will have to find something else to do if the rest of you want to eat there.

If that person wants to pay the price for the meal and sit there, yes.
If that person wants to sit there and not pay the price of the meal, no.

Nothing goes without saying

at all disney restaurants, if the price is by age, aycte, shows, character meals you are required to pay per person, regardless of what you consume or how much/how little you consume.

Its just easier. If they didn’t, can you imagine? Bad enough the folks that lie about children’s ages.

The number of people that try to avoid paying for their picky Eater requires it being said
Didn't think of it that way. I avoid making comments about how I feel about picky eaters since I know I won't be popular.

I am not going to LTT for the very reason that I have a 3 and 5 year old who will consume $1 worth of food between the two of them. Getting them to eat is always a struggle. We will go to another restaurant where they can share a kids meal. It may be that AYCTE isn't a good fit for your group if people don't want to eat and don't want to pay to just sit there.

Potential compromise - there are restaurants that have some AYCTE options and some menu options, like Whispering Canyon. The non-eater can order the most minimal menu item - an app, or a dessert, or maybe even just a beverage - while the rest of the party has the skillets. Only way to travel with the grandma who eats like a bird and the 15 year old bottomless pit grandson.

Thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive responses. Are you saying that it's NEVER happened that a family sat down to eat and someone wasn't feeling well or not hungry....and they still charged them ???? or everyone left???? C'mon now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter