six hour wait for flights of passage this weekend????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed something when you are in the" decontaminating" queue portion and how they can stall with the guy making you be decontaminated twice or saying there's an issue depending on delays with the getting people on the rides in the next section.

That a whole lot of people not buying food or souvenirs in other parts of the park. They need those people that sling hot dogs, drinks and souvenirs at ball games to start working the standby line, too.

Maybe this has been considered before, but could Disney implement a return time system independent of FP+ ? Not necessarily something that would put the people in the FP+ line, but something that would allow patrons to shop, eat, use the restroom and limit physical waits to 2 hours or something?

That a whole lot of people not buying food or souvenirs in other parts of the park. They need those people that sling hot dogs, drinks and souvenirs at ball games to start working the standby line, too.
Last summer, one boy decided he wanted to ride Navi, it was a 45 minute wait, but we had no FP+ for the next hour...anyway, they actually had a CM with a Coke cart selling drinks 2/3 the way through the line.

I recalled some Six Flags coasters doing that 30+ years ago and wondered why WDW (it it’s quest for greater revenue) never had beverage service in its long lines.

Maybe this has been considered before, but could Disney implement a return time system independent of FP+ ? Not necessarily something that would put the people in the FP+ line, but something that would allow patrons to shop, eat, use the restroom and limit physical waits to 2 hours or something?
That’s exactly how the DAS system works.

But DAS puts them through the FP line after their wait, correct? I'm thinking more of wait outside the line 4 hours and in the line 2 hours for people who don't have a disability.
I don't know if they still do it at Dumbo, but I know Dumbo used to have a similar system to what you describe for standby and I believe they had tested it at Rockin' Roller Coaster previously. I don't think it was specifically to a two hour wait though.

This is an interesting discussion for sure. FWIW, I'd never wait 6 hrs for any one ride, but also, I don't fault Disney for the waits, crowds, etc. A couple of points (all IMHO of course):
  • The issue of crowding at WDW involves a number of complex factors and isn't just the result of "there aren't enough attractions" or "the park isn't designed right." To Disney's credit, IMO, there are trying their best to combat the increased crowds, wait times, etc. Disney is a business, and they are dumb. While of course they want more people b/c more people = more money, they also don't want long waits for rides, tons of traffic, long lines to enter the park, etc. Time spent in lines, traffic, etc. is time NOT spent...well...spending. Also, crowds leads to lower guest satisfaction. Disney absolutely cares about guest satisfaction bc it correlates directly to income.
  • Disney is actively trying to alleviate these issues as much as possible. Some are more obvious things they are doing - new/wider roadways, revised security check point areas, new modes of transportation, etc - while some are less obvious. Even FP+, no matter how I or others feel about it, is an attempt (albeit a flawed one) to help better manage the guest experience. Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet to fix the issue.
FWIW my gf and I did a one day park hopping visit (DHS, MK and Epcot) on Monday. Being Pres Day and Daytona 500, among other things, I was fully expecting insane crowds. We were only able to do 3 fastpasses (limited b/c we got in on a CM friend's guest pass) so just figured we'd fend for ourselves the best we could. I will say, it was busy, but I personally didn't think it was terrible. We had FP for Splash, HM and Space. We did standby for POTC (30 mins on a posted 50 min wait), TTA (15 mins on a posted 25 min wait) and SSE (18 mins on a posted 30 min wait). Waits at many other attractions were manageable too, and Epcot seemed especially relatively calm.

Basically I feel like even on the busy days now, with a little planning and forethought things are still very manageable. It just takes more planning than it used to unfortunately.

Last summer, one boy decided he wanted to ride Navi, it was a 45 minute wait, but we had no FP+ for the next hour...anyway, they actually had a CM with a Coke cart selling drinks 2/3 the way through the line.

I recalled some Six Flags coasters doing that 30+ years ago and wondered why WDW (it it’s quest for greater revenue) never had beverage service in its long lines.
Believe it or not, they sold cold drinks at the slinky ride back in November. Half way through line there was a drink cart. its a great idea! If they have the space, they should do this more often. People would totally buy.

It's a good ride but to me the best parts of Animal Kingdom aren't Flight of Passage or Pandora. It's the street entertainment and the walking trails. No lines for those.

As for Universal, when I went last winter Forbidden Journey was posting 4 hour waits so it's not like these excessive wait times are unique to Disney.
I agree that some of the best parts of every park are not the things that have the longest waits.

Is this ride even worth waiting so long?
The point of super long posted waits is to make most guests say “nope”

But, like camping in line for concert tickets , new iPhones, or Black Friday deals some like that crazy waiting experience....or know they wont have another option to go on FoP for years.

If there was a 6 hour stand by wait, how long was the fast pass wait?

Standard. I had two FP for it Saturday afternoon, when the standby wait was 4-5 hours. The first one I waited maybe 5 minutes to get to the second scan point. The second one I walked right up to the second scan point.

If there was a 6 hour stand by wait, how long was the fast pass wait?

We were there 2/17 (the day of the 315 minute wait screen shot). Using our FP took 32 minutes from the time we tapped in until the time we entered the gift shop. DS immediately rode again with DH MB and it took the same. This was around 1pm.

There are no bathrooms there, at least that’s what they told us in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter