Sketch Swap

AlexWyattMommy

<font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high
I was supposed to start the sign ups for this tomorrow, but I forgot to hash out the details.

Would anyone mind if I postponed it until later in the month or does someone want to take it over?

I am fine with postponing, although if it somes down to you not feeling like you can handle it with everything else I can hostess it- it just can't be due between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Rebecca

Another vote for postponing! I really would like to do this one, but I just can't take on anymore projects right now.

It is going to be a lot like the sketch challenges we've had on the scrapbooking section.

Each group will be making one sketch. Colors-patterns vs solids, will be up to each person.

Each layout will need at least three embellishments - ie - primas, skittles, ribbon, brads/eyelets, embossing, store bought items, etc. - on it. This way we will all be getting the same level of quality back. For this swap only, inking edges will not count towards embellishing.

So say the group sketch has three layers of paper, two mats, title area and journaling spot. You could put a ribbon instead of a layer of paper, put brads/eyelets in the mats and then put a glittery embellishing flair over the journaling spot. Or you could put Primas with skittles or rhinestones in the middle on each element or sweeping across a corner of the layout. You can use the same embellishment three times or mix it up. They can be part of the "elements" or stand alone features.

The hard part is figuring out how to word all this so it makes sense before you sign up.

So, is it a page swap? Do x number of pages and get x number of pages back? Or is it "ideas"? (I haven't been blonde for ages, but this is confusing me ;) ).

Yes - this is a completed page layout. Single page. Probably 4 to a group all doing the same sketch.

Ok, so, bare with me.. blonde here..and will be forever! LOL

So, you, me, buffy and po3 (random names).... all take page map #27 (like in my challenge)...than we all pick whatever colors we want and w/ the sketch make the page LO.... so each of us can flip/rotate the LO as long as it is the version of the original LO...
plus proper embellishments...
than the next group has a sketch.. all 4 of them make a page w/ that sketch..

now, will the pages have specific titles? Like I do a summer theme w/ it.. do I need to add summer in the topper or the title is up to whomever gets the page?

AWM

I am up for signing up for your swap.

4 to a group is great so I can use up stacks.

It will be a great idea to see how people use the same sketch.

Please PM me when it is time for sign ups so I don't miss them.

Ok, so, bare with me.. blonde here..and will be forever! LOL

So, you, me, buffy and po3 (random names).... all take page map #27 (like in my challenge)...than we all pick whatever colors we want and w/ the sketch make the page LO.... so each of us can flip/rotate the LO as long as it is the version of the original LO...
plus proper embellishments...
than the next group has a sketch.. all 4 of them make a page w/ that sketch..

now, will the pages have specific titles? Like I do a summer theme w/ it.. do I need to add summer in the topper or the title is up to whomever gets the page?

I think we can be flexible with the title/topper. You can make blank embellished 8x2 [or whatever size fits best] or you can give it a name or you can send 2 coordinating sheets of 3x12 paper.

Yes - you can rotate the layout. It does need to be closer to the original than the challenges do. I will try to find sketches that give some idea of dimensions. Hate when they don't tell you photo sizes.

----

Susie, I'll keep you in the loop. :thumbsup2

I agree w/ keeping it closer to the original..
I utilize page maps all the time because they do use dimensions! :)
Ok, off to french braid DD's hair she has to be at school by 6:35am for the bus to TH...
Come home get everyone else moving b/c we have to be out the door @ 7:30am...boys race @ 9am, girls @ 10am...

I would love to take part in this swap. I am newer to the group here but not new to swapping. I have customers in my scrap store that are on here. I've seen some of their work and items from the group and can't wait to take part. i actually have the time to participate now too. So it's great. Anyway when you figure out the details of the swap please count me in :)
Thanks

I would love to take part in this swap. I love using sketches! I am newer to the group here but not new to swapping. I have customers in my scrap store that are on here. I've seen some of their work and items from the group and can't wait to take part. i actually have the time to participate now too. So it's great.
My favorite swaps are layouts because i get to swap and create pages - what could be better.
Anyway when you figure out the details of the swap please count me in :)
Thanks

Alright, now that I finally understand how this works - can you keep me in the loop on this? This seems fun, and I don't want to miss out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter