Skip Genie+ - use ext. evening hours??

Squishie

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Contemporary so my understanding is we would be able to take advantage of Ext evening hours at least once at MK and once at HS. Would this be enough time and low enough crowds (in September) to get by without Genie +? Hoping to ride Slinky for sure and Mine train, Peter Pan, and probably anything that would be lightning lane normally.
Also, this is generally just 2 hrs I think? 😬
We haven’t been in 2016 so lots of changes and not sure what to expect.

Between RD, EEH, and efficient touring, you shouldn't need G+. We only bought it once, during our one HS day of one trip.

Don't they discontinue the extended hours at MK once the Halloween parties go to three nights a week?
You don't say when in September you're going, but if I'm right, it's the second week in September when the parties become more frequent.

I haven’t seen extended deluxe hours for HS. When we traveled, it was MK and EP.
oh you are right! I wonder if this means I would have to have Genie plus for HS?? Appreciate thoughts/advice.

As for the extended hours disappearing in September. I hope not!! 😫.

We are staying at Contemporary so my understanding is we would be able to take advantage of Ext evening hours at least once at MK and once at HS. Would this be enough time and low enough crowds (in September) to get by without Genie +? Hoping to ride Slinky for sure and Mine train, Peter Pan, and probably anything that would be lightning lane normally.
Also, this is generally just 2 hrs I think? 😬
We haven’t been in 2016 so lots of changes and not sure what to expect.
Much will depend upon the weather. PM storms are common that time of year. If there's a heavy storm, the park could be empty, but also some rides could be down. Slinky, Tron, and Mine train are among the rides that stop during thunderstorms.

The one time I was able to do an EEH in HS it went like this: it was hard to get into HS at the start of the hours. It also took a solid 30minutes after park close for the waits to die down. At first, everything had a long wait, and that was back when RNRC was still open. Later though, half our group walked-on to Rise. The other half the group went to ToT, which still had a 15min wait.

If the price of G+ is low, then you can easily tour without it. It still might make sense to buy it some days. If it looks to be stormy, then your G+ booking options might be very limited, especially later in the day, especially in AK. On the other other hand, having G+ early in the day might help you cover more rides in a few hours before the storms arrive.

Last edited:
you can get a lot done in 2 hours at MK, but you'll have to pick and choose because there are so many attractions at MK that you can't fit everything. jungle cruise (and people mover, weirdly) won't run during EEH, not sure what will be going on with tiana (maybe a EEH VQ, but that's a time sink). honestly if you can stick to fantasyland and tomorrowland for EEH you can knock out mostly everything.

never been to a EEH at HS but i feel like the issue there will be that attractions just take a while (ROTR especially).

also agree that bad weather can derail a fixed 2 hour window in september.

but if all goes, well, rope drop MK, knock out some things, and try to head back midday for nap/break if you need it.

I am going to guess by the fact that you have access to EEH that you also probably have the money to afford Genie Plus. If you are doing Hollywood Studios or Magic Kingdom or are Park Hopping Genie Plus is probably the best money you will spend the whole trip. If anyone tells you otherwise they probably don't know how to appropriately use and abuse it. It is totally worth every dollar and sadly the more expensive it is the more essential it is. Watch Rob at Ear scouts
or Molly at Mammoth club to learn how to properly leverage the service. I have personally averaged 11-15 rides per day with the service not including the few I did standby to ride.

Reactions: fbb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter