Skipper Canteen Restaurant

Definitely a 'one and done' for us. It was fine; the food wasn't bad, but it just wasn't interesting or anything memorable. The service was also 'fine', some cast members will act and play around like jungle cruise skippers and others will not.

We loved it the first time we ate there, but when we went back in October is was just ok. Food was fine, not great though. Our server had way too many tables to take care of. She was flying all over the place, but just couldn't keep up. There was zero banter from her or the person that seated us, which was really disappointing. That is a large part of the charm, at least for us, and it was nonexistent. We really didn't overhear any of that at the tables around us. I don't think the overworked servers had the time and/or energy for it.

I'm hoping once the staffing and supply issues improve that we'll get the old Skipper Canteen back, but time will tell.

Visited last week and had a great meal and experience. Cachapas appetizer was amazing and I will definitely get that again. DW had the steak and enjoyed it. I had the catch of the day which was swordfish and it was excellent. We sat in the S.E.A. room which was a lot of fun.

I eat at Skipper's about every time we go to WDW. It's my go-to restaurant in MK for a late lunch. The food is consistently good. Some things aren't my favorite but I could say that about any menu. I agree they have nice variety of vegetarian and gluten free options. I like the atmosphere and I don't want to eat turkey and dressing or Italian food, so Skipper.s is our destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter