Skyliner refillable mug, which resorts?

MelanieRI

Mouseketeer
Screenshot_20191210-040402_Chrome.jpg

Are these mugs still available? If so, are they only at the resorts with the skyliner? I would so rather have this mug that keeps drinks hot/cold. Thanks!

We weren't looking too hard, but I only recall seeing Skyliner merch at our resort, Art of Animation, which is a Skyliner resort of course. I don't recall seeing any when we were in the store at Poly. And just an FYI that these wouldn't be eligible for the unlimited refillable plan you get with the other mugs.

We weren't looking too hard, but I only recall seeing Skyliner merch at our resort, Art of Animation, which is a Skyliner resort of course. I don't recall seeing any when we were in the store at Poly. And just an FYI that these wouldn't be eligible for the unlimited refillable plan you get with the other mugs.

They are, actually, as a $10 upgrade from the regular refillable mugs.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...e-to-refillable-mugs-in-disney-world-resorts/

Resized_20191212_171508_6702.jpeg

I took the skyliner from Hollywood Studios to Pop and the mug was there! They had plenty. I have a Figment and F&G one and they had cost over $20 and certainly weren't the refillable kind, lol, so I am happy to see this one as offered as being length of stay refillable. These are the kind I use at home unlike the other refillable mugs.

When we stayed at AoA in November, we got our refillable mug on the night of arrival. Standard fare stuff. My kids loved the Pixar characters on their mugs. About 2 days into our trip, I was getting a refill when I saw these Skyliner mugs suddenly everywhere in Landscape of Flavors. My eyes lit up. It was solid stainless steel throughout and not just metal on the outside and a BPA riddled black plastic on the inside. The clear plastic snap-in top seemed a little cheap and nothing robust, but that design and color was so appealing. I then saw the sign. $10 at time of getting your refillable mug... as I'm standing there with my mug already in hand.

I asked the CM if there might be some help for a guest who just got their mugs mere days before these even existed. She was very pleasant about it, but said the CMs were being held to new check-ins only. I could purchase for $30, if I wanted it. I was very close to doing so, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I now wish I had, seeing the above picture again.

Pop, BW, and AofA all had them this week. It is really good quality compared to most wdw cups/tumblers. I am betting as popular as they have been we will be getting more upgraded mug options soon.

staying at POP in April and have the dining plan, will spend the $10 to get this one for sure.

I prefer this type of mug as well

But

Not to be the Debbie Downer of the group, for those who have seen these mugs in person, does the picture seem like it would begin to wear and/or chip off after a few uses and washings? $30 is a lot to drop if the product quality isn’t there and the last few mugs and cups I’ve purchased the design has not held up at all. My Disneyland 60th travel mug comes to mind. The emblem began chipping off after a few days. I was so disappointed.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/12/photos-ne...rt-refillable-mugs-land-at-walt-disney-world/
Now they have Star Wars ones, too! Although I love Star Wars, I think the red Skyliner ones are nicer looking. I did enjoy using the mug much more over the old style. When you're taking your drink with you on the way to the park or back to your room, I like that it stays hot/cold. Worth the upgrade in my book. Also, around the park whenever I saw a stainless steal mug, I checked out the price and they were usually between $25 - $30 and that, of course, is without it being refillable. They were not everywhere. POR did not have them, but BC did.

But

Not to be the Debbie Downer of the group, for those who have seen these mugs in person, does the picture seem like it would begin to wear and/or chip off after a few uses and washings? $30 is a lot to drop if the product quality isn’t there and the last few mugs and cups I’ve purchased the design has not held up at all. My Disneyland 60th travel mug comes to mind. The emblem began chipping off after a few days. I was so disappointed.
Not a Downer at all. I was wondering the same myself. I saw it in person, but already had my refillable mug from earlier that week. What I saw seemed like it might fade or even chip, but I have no experience.

Anyone here actually buy it and use it at home?

https://*****.com/2019/12/photos-ne...rt-refillable-mugs-land-at-walt-disney-world/
Now they have Star Wars ones, too! Although I love Star Wars, I think the red Skyliner ones are nicer looking. I did enjoy using the mug much more over the old style. When you're taking your drink with you on the way to the park or back to your room, I like that it stays hot/cold. Worth the upgrade in my book. Also, around the park whenever I saw a stainless steal mug, I checked out the price and they were usually between $25 - $30 and that, of course, is without it being refillable. They were not everywhere. POR did not have them, but BC did.
This one appears to be similar to a Tervis, yes? I do think the Skyliner stainless in red is sharper. This one is fine, but too many good guys for this Star Wars fan! :earboy2:

But

We purchased the Star Wars mug in early January and I LOVE it!! It really does an amazing job of keeping things hot or cold. I’m planning to get the Skyliner cup very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter