Sleeper Sofas in DVC units?

Pumbas

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how comfortable the pullout beds are? Are Vero Beach & OKW the only resorts with 2 queen beds in a studio room?

OKW is the only place with 2 queens in a studio. Vero Beach has inn rooms (no kitchenette I think) that have 2 queens. Otherwise a studio is designed to be for 2 really with a sitting area and 1 queen bed - the couch is a sleeper sofa to be able to be used but they were truly designed with 2 using it in mind.

I would say 2 adults and a kid...... Ill throw my kid on a sleeper sofa in a second to be at disney :rotfl:

I always had an aversion to sleeper sofas, but we've used them on quite a few trips when we were being cheap with our points. My daughter and I just spent 8 nights on one at Beach Club and we slept like babies - they are pretty comfortable as sleeper sofas go.

OKW is the only place with 2 queens in a studio. Vero Beach has inn rooms (no kitchenette I think) that have 2 queens. Otherwise a studio is designed to be for 2 really with a sitting area and 1 queen bed - the couch is a sleeper sofa to be able to be used but they were truly designed with 2 using it in mind.

I have stayed in an Ocean View Inn room at Vero Beach 3 times now. They have 2 Queen beds. They do not have a sofa bed.
They also have a nice kitchenette with undercounter fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, bar sink etc.
I was skeptical of the Inn Room at first, but DH really wanted to Ocean View and these are the only rooms that guarantee that. But it was fine. I was very comfortable and we are going back in October.

I slept on the sofa bed at AKV and BCV. I am NOT a good sleeper and had atorn rotators cuff at the time, and I still slept well. I was amazed at how comfy they were.

I've slept on the sleeper sofas at OKW, VWL, AKV - Jambo and Kidani, BCV, and SSR. I do not feel they are comfortable at all. I have remedied this situation by bringing my twin bed sized egg crate pad to Disney, and I use at least five pillows to sleep on for further padding.

I thought the sofa beds at BLT and AKL Jambo were fine. I was so exhausted that I slept like a baby!

Just wondering how comfortable the pullout beds are? Are Vero Beach & OKW the only resorts with 2 queen beds in a studio room?
I've never had any problems with the sleeper sofas at all.

My husband, aka snore boy, sleeps on the pullout, he finds them rather comfortable for a pull out.

Never met a sofa sleeper that was comfortable. Some are simply less painful than others.

We keep a memory foam topper in our owners locker. We feel it makes the pull out more comfy than the beds. For some reason I always wake up with a backache at AKV.

I slept one one at boardwalk villas. Very comfy for a pull out. Shared it with my 4 year old. No bar across the back. In fact the pull outs are designed for Disney. Would have no problem sleeping on one again.

Just spent four nights sleeping on one at BWV... Slept great! They are a heavy solid (foam) material...no springs. A bit on the firm side. First night I slept 8 hours straight-that doesn't even happen at home!!

We have slept on the ones at HHI and OKW.

HHI, no problem, a little adjustment the first night, but after that I slept just fine.

However, OKW was an entirely different story.

I woke up every 1-2 hours with my arms and hands numb, my legs felt bruised for a week. It was not pleasant AT ALL. There was little to do padding on the bed itself, and the frame around the mattress was very sharp, I had to be careful to not cut myself or scrape skin off the back of my legs getting in and out of bed.

Also, because of the now slick floors, putting the bed away is a pain in the rear end because it slides EVERYWHERE while trying to fold it away. There were 5 of us, including a 1.5 year old, so we had to put the bed away every day.

I would go back to HHI and sleep on the sleeper sofa in a minute, however, I would NOT go back to OKW and sleep on a sleeper sofa, it just wasn't worth the pain and suffering in the weeks following!

Our DD slept on the one at BWV last month, and she even had her friend sleep over one night with her (two 15 year olds). Her friend was staying at the BWI, but they were having so much fun! She slept very well on the sofa sleeper.

They are different than regular ones! More like a normal queen bed than an uncomfortable sofa sleeper. That is one thing I wish Marriott would do with their timeshares (we own Marriott) is get these in their condos!

I get the privilege to sleeping in the sofa bed this trip at both BCV and AKV Jambo. I read somewhere that you could request an egg crate topper for the pull out. Does anyone know if that's true?

I just returned from OKW, and the sleeper sofa was perfectly fine (unlike what was experienced by someone else couple of posts earlier). In fact, sometimes one adult and one kid slept on it and we did not wake up through the night. Now, it is a sleeper sofa, and the mattress is not very thick, and the real bed is obviously better, but it does the job. Sides of all sofa beds have the steel bars sticking out a bit, did not trouble us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter