• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sliced baked potatoes recipe

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Was cleaining out piles of recipes that I don't use in the kitchen & came across this.

Sliced Baked Potatoes
Serves 4

4 medium even potatoes
1 tsp salt
2 - 3 Tbl melted butter
2 - 3 Tbl chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme or sage or
2 - 3 tsp dried herbs of choice
4 Tbl grated Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 Tbl Parmesan cheese

1. Peel potatoes if skin is tough, otherwise just scrub & rinse.
2. Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. (Use the handle of a spoon on the counter to prevent knife from cutting all the way through.
3. Put potatoes in baking dish & fan slightly.
4. Sprinkle with salt & drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
5. Bake at 425 for ~50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven & sprinkle with cheeses. Return to oven & bake another 10 - 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted & potatoes are soft inside.

Microwave instructions:
Same steps 1 - 4, but omit salt.
5. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
6. Let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with cheeses.
8. Microwave another 4 - 6 minutes on HIGH until cheeses are melted & potatoes are soft inside. Sprinkle with salt & serve.

I'm glad you found it! It sounds like it will taste good as well as look good! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter