slo’s FRIDAY 5/17 poll - House Washing (outside) 🏠

House Washing (outside) - Do you do this? What do you use? How often?

• Yes - I/we clean the outside of the house

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • No - I/we don’t clean the outside of the house

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • No - But I/we will be cleaning the outside of the house

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No - I don’t live in a house

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • A cleaner is used

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • A pressure washer is used

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • I/we clean every year

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I/we clean every 2-4 years

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • I/we clean every 5 or more years

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
I hire a company to do it once a year, usually in January or February. Our house is white stucco with a white tile roof, so it really needs to be cleaned regularly.

@slo I have used the product you show and it did a fantastic job with the mild that was growing on the back of the house a year or two back. Sometimes in years with a ton of rain we'd get an odd green film on the house and the deck and the patio, this did the trick. A power wash after made it like new.

The rain is all the washing I do of the outside of my house. Pressure washing is usually included with any bid to paint the house, so that is the only time my house gets washed.....and it has been 10 years since we painted. Holding up well so far. House is 45 years old and has only been repainted twice, both times we changed color. The house as built was brown with tan trim. We repainted to light blue with dark blue trim, and then 10 years ago, white with black trim.

Has anyone used windex outdoor cleaner? Sounds like it cleans windows, walls, patio furniture. Just thinking spraying would be a whole like easier than tilting and juggling windows.

Our house has siding. We use the cleaner in the bottle that goes on the end of the hose. It's worked really well for us. We do it when we notice mildew/algae (the green stuff) starting to grow, so maybe every 3 years?

Our house is brick so nope, no washing of the outside needed - I did have the driveway and walkways pressure washed last year and plan on doing it again this year.

We pressure wash the deck every year and the driveway at least once a year. I don’t think we’ve ever done the brick/siding.

Some of you mentioned brick - part of my home is brick and another part aluminum siding. The cleaner I pictured, cleans brick too and it’s really made a difference. When you look at the brick I cleaned, and then look at the brick I didn’t, there’s definitely a difference. As much as I’m hating every second of this chore, I am glad to be doing it 🙂👍🏻

Some of you mentioned brick - part of my home is brick and another part aluminum siding. The cleaner I pictured, cleans brick too and it’s really made a difference. When you look at the brick I cleaned, and then look at the brick I didn’t, there’s definitely a difference. As much as I’m hating every second of this chore, I am glad to be doing it 🙂👍🏻
I agree with you. My parents have a brick house. I washed theirs and my father was shocked what a difference it made. I did it over 2 days you could tell exactly where I stopped in day one. It was worth giving up a weekend to do for them.

We haven't done the whole house, but should. (I have spot-washed an area that needed it.)

The landscape company I use also does pressure washing. They did it in early May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter