slo’s MONDAY 5/6 poll - Taco Pizza 🍕

Taco Pizza - Have you had it, What’s your opinion, Who makes it for you? (m.c.)

• I’ve had Taco Pizza

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I’ve not had Taco Pizza

Votes: 49 59.0%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • I order it from a pizza place/restaurant

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • I make it myself at home

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I don’t eat any type of pizza

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
I like taco pizza, but would probably leave off the lettuce and tomatoes, or at least not use as much. There are many ways to make it. Mine would also require a little drizzle of Valentina on it - that's my go-to Mexican hot sauce!

DH and I had taco pizza years ago, at Pizza Hut. He loved it, I did not. After that he would occasionally get a small one for himself and I would get something different.

If you have a Papa Murphy's takeout place nearby, they currently have a taco pizza on the menu. Not sure if it's a regional thing, but if you'd like to try it, here's your chance to check it out.

I like it. I used to order it from Taco Bell but haven’t had one from there in years. I would probably make one at home now.

The story goes, it was invented in Iowa at the "Happy Joe"'s chain. Now, I love Iowa, but they are not known for their pizza OR tacos.

However, this they got right. It is on almost all pizza menus around here, in Minnesota.

LOVE it.

Most bases are either salsa/taco sauce/refrieds with sauce mixed in. Then meat, cheese. Baked. After out of the oven, it is topped with the chopped lettuce, onion, tomato, black olive and crushed taco chips. Add some more taco sauce.

It is SOOOO delicious.

I love taco pizza. Back in the day there used to be a local pizza place up the street from me that made it and it was delicious. Now the only way I can get something that tastes the same is frozen lol.

Never heard of it. I mostly avoid pizza these days for health reasons. I like pizza and I like tacos occasionally, would prefer them as they are on their own!

Oooh, you brought back some memories, @slo! There was a pizza place near my college that did an amazing taco pizza. I haven't had one in years, though.

I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of taco pizza. While I like both tacos and pizza I prefer them separate. I’m pretty basic with the type of pizza I order. It’s usually either sausage and pepper, pepper and mushroom, garli or just cheese.

I don’t think it’s the same thing, but my high school cafeteria served taco pizza 35+ years ago. It was my favorite lunch. The found beef was spicy and the crust was thin and almost crispy. Very little sauce but I think it was more like pizza sauce than salsa. The cheese was either cheddar or a cheddar mozzarella blend.

Wish I had some!

I don't think we've ever had it, but we do like tlayuda -- does that count? It's sort of like a pizza.

From Centrico in Downtown Disney:
1715049905767.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter