slo’s THURSDAY 2/29 poll - COVID 😷

COVID - Have you had it and how many times? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve had COVID

Votes: 103 64.8%
  • No - I’ve not had COVID, but I think I did

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • No - I’ve not had COVID and I never felt like I did

Votes: 37 23.3%
  • One time

Votes: 72 45.3%
  • Two times

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • Three times

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Four times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five or more times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
One time. My whole household got it at Christmas of 2022. 4 days of a sinus-cold’y like thing for DH and DS and I was entirely asymptomatic. We got off light.

DH and I both came home from Orlando with it in June 2022. We were vaccinated and our cases were mild.

I thought I had it in December of 2022 and then again earlier this month, but I tested multiple times and was never positive.

Slo, my youngest daughter got it in December of 2020–before vaccines. She was pretty sick. I took care of her, had been in a closed up car with her for several hours just as she was starting to show symptoms and never got it. Neither did her sisters who were also in the house. We were all tested at a testing site a certain number of days after she showed symptoms and were clear. And that was pre-vaccine. My DH was out of town so not exposed to her at all. I hope your husband feels better soon and I 🤞that you remain symptom free.

I had Covid in November 2020, the worst illness I’ve ever had. I never want to get it again. I’ve had all my vaccines and get a booster whenever I’m eligible.

Thank you. I really don’t know understand why I’m still healthy in this house. Lol.
Every morning for the past week, I wake up and think ok, today must be my day to begin the fever, cough and sore throat.

Hope your husband gets through this quickly and you stay healthy. :goodvibes
OMGosh…..I can totally relate to this ::yes::
When my younger DD had the flu, she was with me all the time, in the enclosed car and I didn’t get it.
My older DD was hospitalized with influenza in 2018, and after she was coughing all around me in the ER and I stayed the night with her in the hospital room - I never got it.
I kept waiting and thinking - today’s the day - I was ready and nothing - thank God.
And now DH with COVID and I’m thinking it again.
You and I think a lot alike.

Thank you for the well wishes for my DH 🙂

I had it in 2021 but it was very, very mild. I had the sniffles and lost my taste for four days. I’ve had worse colds. Got it on a trip to WDW. Got the updated booster two weeks prior to the trip and wore a mask on the plane and everywhere indoors. My wife has never had COVID but came back from the same trip with a bad cold and was actually sicker than I was. She tested negative four times during the 10 day quarantine.

@slo I hope your husband bounces back fast!!

So sorry! Make sure he gets started on the antiviral. I didn't get paxlovid, but something similar -- really helped reduce the time it took to recover.

Technically Covid no but caught something before Covid was a declared pandemic that had all intense purposes appeared to be Covid this was before Covid was known in the United States since it has become known I have never caught it I have been on cruises I have been to Walt Disney World never caught it I was in essential worker my whole household or essential workers and no one in my area believes in taking practices that you’re supposed to take during the pandemic it was business as usual

SLO
I do hope your darling husband feels better real soon and I hope you don’t catch it!!! I’m praying for you and him ❤️❤️🙏🙏
Before Covid hit this country, I had an awful awful cold, just feeling drain. No breathing issues. Usually I get a cold, take cold meds and I’m fine. Not this time. Mentioned it to dr several weeks later for normal checkup. He said yeah, colds have been really bad this yeah. So I wonder…….

My DS’s family…….he and the boys got vaxed. DDIL, no. She got it twice, boys got it once. DS never. Working from home in a small house and he never got sick.

Yes, once last spring after a cruise. There were a couple of days that I felt pretty terrible, and recovery was slow (~4 weeks before feeling fully back to normal).

Officially...ONCE. We took a cruise during the summer of 2022. All of the cruise lines were still requiring testing pre-cruise, so we did a proctored test shortly before we set sail. So, we were Covid negative before boarding. On the drive home, on disembarkation day, I started feeling pretty cruddy. It wasn't awful, but I definitely had something. I tested myself and I positive for Covid. Thankfully, it was quite mild. My fever was gone after a day, my congestion was minimal, no cough, and by day 3 I was going stir crazy in isolation.

UNOFFICIALLY...We went skiing in February of 2020 and about 2 days into the trip, I became really sick. It was wild because during downtime, we were watching news coverage from what was going on in China. My symptoms sounded a lot like everything with the first round of Covid. First, my sense of taste went kind of wonky. I remember treating myself to a Caramello bar and it tasted like gasoline. We had stopped at one of the lodges for lunch and I barely could smell a thing that DH and the kids were describing. By that evening, we went out for pizza and I couldn't even taste the feta I'd ordered on my Greek pie. Overnight, I was sidelined with horrible stomach issues. By morning, my stomach was still an angry mess and I'd started to run a fever. By midday, it had turned into a high fever that didn't want to let go. DH took the kids up onto the mountain, while I sat in the lodge all shivery and aching. I also developed this really tight persistent dry cough and this burning sensation (almost asthma reminiscent) in my lungs. At this point, I was the only one that was sick and I've had altitude sickness issues in the past, so we thought it could be tied to that. 2 days later, we were driving home and that's when DH started to feel bad. By the time we neared the NM/TX border, he was having the tummy problems. We had hoped to drive straight home, but we needed to rest. So, we pushed to Fort Worth and rested for the night. By the time we made it home, everyone had it. This thing went through us like wildfire...which never happens. Oh, and that cough...it stayed with me for over a month. I started getting sick on 2/2 and it was around 3/15 when I finally stopped coughing.

Hope he gets better very soon, and it's not a bad case. I've had it twice, 2021, and then Oct 2023, when we got back from Disney, DH caught it in Oct, 2022 after our Disney trip, then DD caught it that same week. She hadn't been to Disney with us, but had been visiting here over here for her fall break. My cases were like having a very bad case of the flu. The first time, I did lose my sense of taste and smell. It was so bizarre, since my sense of smell is my best sense.
what's worse this year for folks around here, seems to be RSV and the flu. DD was So, so sick a few weeks ago, w RSV, took a few weeks to really get over it. Couple people at work have had respiratory things, not the flu or RSV or Covid, but really bad colds that took weeks to get over.
we also were very, very sick in Dec, 2019, Jan 2020 with something awful, but this was before Covid became a thing. I will always wonder if we had that then.
I have been directly exposed many, many times (DH 2x, both kids, lots of friends who we would hang out with and then they would be sick hours later), but I have never tested positive. However, we went to WDW in December 2019 and within 24 hours of coming home, I was SOOO sick. Stomach, fever, aches, etc. I think that was on a Monday night I got sick and I stayed home from work for a day or two, went back, was so weak, took more days off. It was insane. I think it might have been a strain.

Then, in June 2022, I SOUNDED awful, Like, I sounded stuffy, throaty. I felt 100000% fine. This was going on for a week, and I just chalked it up to allergies. Then, in the middle of my sons grad party, after a few days of feeling/sounding just fine - I lost my sense of taste and smell. HORRIFED, because I knew at that point, this was probably Covid and I had just been with 100s of people.

Never tested ++, but I believe I had it then.

Definitely had it in Feb 2023. I was very sick with flu-like symptoms in Jun 2022 and the home test I self-administered was negative, but I think it was user error on my part and I did have Covid.

DW caught something in late 2019 from a co-worker who'd been to a convention in Chicago. She's sure it was Covid in spite of it supposedly not arriving in the U.S. until early 2020. She was absolutely out of it for a week and she said she's never been sicker in her life.

I hope your DH gets well soon and that you remain covid-free, slo. My friend's husband had it twice and she never did get it -- even though traveling together in close quarters -- so it is possible.

As for DH and I, we both have had it once, fully vaccinated. DH recovered quickly. I had a long process.

All good thoughts are with you. It's a bummer.

i have had Covid twice - May 2022 and Feb/March 2023, both times caught in Orlando! Fortunately my symptoms were quite mild, I am giving credit to multiple vaccinations and general good health. In 2023 I went to visit family after my theme park trip and gave it to my sister who has had lung cancer surgery :oops: (mild case for her) and my brother-in-law who had worse symptoms. I just got back from Orlando (still wear my mask on the plane and the crowded Orlando airport shuttle) and made sure to visit family BEFORE the theme park part of my trip!

I had it once last year. For me it was worse than a cold, but not as bad as the flu. My son finally caught is 5 weeks ago. His wife is expecting and they have two small children, so he had to quarantine away from them until he got a negative test which took 10 days. Fortunately his in law live 2 miles away and he works from home.

Never have had Covid. I haven't been sick (respiratory wise) since late 2017........about the time I started doing my weekly infusions for my lung disease. So I really feel that my infusions protect my lungs. :thumbsup2

I have not had COVID. Marie had it once, back December 2021. With my lung and heart issues, age and extra weight, I really take my precautions. Have had all 7 available vaccine doses, wear a mask when prudent.

Best wishes for Kevin, Sandy, for a quick complete recovery.

I "officially" got it after Christmas, but I'm pretty sure I had it right before the shutdown(before there were actual tests for it) I was really sick for about two weeks and tested negative for the flu and strep

I have had it once so far in January 2023. It was like a bad cold for me with what I describe as the worst sore throat I have ever had in my life. I took the paxlovid and felt much better after only 2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter