slo’s THURSDAY 4/11 poll - Ice

Your Every Day Ice 🧊 - How often do use it and where does it come from?

• I use ice every day

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • I use ice some days during the week

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I use ice once in awhile

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • I use ice when it’s hot out or when I’m hot from doing something

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • My everyday ice comes from ice trays

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • My everyday ice comes from the ice maker built into the fridge

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • My everyday ice comes from bags of ice bought at the store

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • My everyday ice comes from my own separate ice maker

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • My everyday ice comes from another source not listed

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
We keep a bag or two of ice in the garage big freezer that my husband or kids will grab as needed when fishing or hunting. As far as everyday ice, the ice maker in my kitchen fridge went to the great beyond so currently I take ice out of the ice maker (we put a built in under counter one in our basement bar area) in the basement and keep some in the kitchen fridge for use.
We usually sit on the porch and post mortem the day on in the early evenings with a vodka club, so we use ice daily:cool:

Ice maker in the fridge. I rarely use ice, Marie always uses it in drinks that should be cool. I prefer room temperature water. Pop drinks kept in the garage. Except for the summer months, those are cold enough for me.

We have an ice maker on our fridge. I rarely use ice but DH uses it every day and DD15 typically needs it to fill her sports jug and bottle. We will buy bags of ice if we need to fill our cooler, but one of the dads on our team has a big industrial ice maker in his business that he uses for the team cooler during tournaments. In our old house, our fridge's ice maker died. We went to old school ice cube trays for a while, but DH really hated it...even when we could freeze them more rapidly in the chest freezer. So, we got this little Della ice maker. It was the coolest thing to watch, but it also died after about 6 months. We went back to trays until the whole fridge died and we got a new one.

I do not like ice. I don't want my drink warm, but I only use ice outside the house if it comes with the drink.

I always have ice in my soda. Sometimes I will drink water with ice too. The ice maker in my refrigerator no longer works. I went without ice for a while before realizing that I could still make it! 😲 A couple of 50 cent ice trays solved that problem.

We do have trays in the freezer but really don’t the ice, maybe for injuries or headaches.

Only time I use ice is when we eat out.
That's me too. There is no "I don't use ice at home" option but that's me.

I very rarely have drinks that require ice. I drink room temperature bottle water because i got used to it when I went through radiation treatments on my neck area. The only ice I normally use is in the little cooler I bring out to the pool to keep my beer cold when I’m floating.

I'm a bit of a fiend for ice. I put partially filled bottles of water in the freezer so there's a giant iceberg I can top off with water. I also love slushy cocktails and coffee drinks. The only beverages I don't add ice to are morning coffee and beer.

There's an ice maker in the fridge, but it froze up so we just use trays now. DW does not want ice in anything, so I'm the ice boss around here,

I used it every day for many years. It was very convenient as the refrigerators had water and ice dispensers in the door. The current refrigerator does not, and so now I rarely use ice. There is always a pitcher of water in the refrigerator though.

I'm a bit of a fiend for ice. I put partially filled bottles of water in the freezer so there's a giant iceberg I can top off with water. I also love slushy cocktails and coffee drinks. The only beverages I don't add ice to are morning coffee and beer.

There's an ice maker in the fridge, but it froze up so we just use trays now. DW does not want ice in anything, so I'm the ice boss around here,

Found a new nickname for DH....Ice Boss. Definitely better than some of the other names I could come up with. (We have been retired for almost 10 years now.)

I keep most drinks in the garage fridge and prefer sodas/beer/seltzer/juice etc. cold but un-iced. In the summer I drink a lot of iced tea, so then I use it. It takes effort even though we have an ice maker, because the ice gets an off taste really quickly--one that only I seem to notice, but it's there. I try to bag it as it comes out in the summer to keep it fresh.

We use ice cubes made in plastic trays all day every day. DH and I both drink iced tea all the time. We each have a pitcher in the fridge at all times. His is unsweetened mine is sweetened. We each take our glasses with us whenever
we go out.

I voted Other, because while I don't use ice in my beverages at home, I make my aunt's daily rum-and-coke with ice from the fridge's ice maker.

I only use ice when it's hot out (from the fridge ice maker), or if something that is supposed to be cold hasn't been in the refrigerator and I don't want to wait that long for it to chill (like a can of soda). Also will have it in soda and water at restaurants.

We use ice daily for drinks and use ice cube trays to freeze it. Our fridge is older (bought a five-year old fridge 32 years ago) and it's still going strong minus the ice maker. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter