slo’s TUESDAY 4/30 poll - Whipped Cream vs Cool Whip

Which Do you Prefer - Whipped Cream or Cool Whip? (m.c.)

• Whipped Cream - 100% of the time

Votes: 47 43.5%
  • Whipped Cream - 75% of the time

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Whipped Cream - 50% of the time

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Whipped Cream - 25% of the time

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Cool Whip - 100% of the time

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Cool Whip - 75% of the time

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Cool Whip - 50% of the time

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Cool Whip - 25% of the time

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • I don’t like or eat either of them

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
I’m 95%+ whipped cream and 5%< Cool Whip. But I don’t use either all that often.

As a kid I loved eating Cool Whip with a spoon right out of the container. I think back in the early 70s there were flavored Cool Whips too, but they didn’t last long.

Whipped cream as a topping (pie, strawberry shortcake, ice cream) and Cool Whip in recipes (Watergate Salad, icebox type desserts).

I had to add an "other" because I remembered I make Key Lime pie with a topping consisting of sour cream and powdered sugar - and it pretty much kills cool whip/whipped cream on every level on a key lime pie.

I am sorry to hear this and I don’t blame you at all for staying away from processed foods - we should all follow your example. When you say you had cancer, I’m going to assume you’re better now and I hope & pray it stays that way for you :hug:
I am happy to say I’ve been cancer free for 20 years! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

We don't have very I think. I answered 75/25,whipped cream. I think if Marie adds it on to something it's whipped cream. If it's in a recipe calling fir it, Cool Whip.

Prefer real whipped cream since Cool Whip and those other similar non-dairy products have an artificial taste. Any recipe that involves baking needs to use the real thing or the results won't be good.

Only whipped cream. In this case it's so easy to avoid the chemicals I can't imagine why I would even consider something else.

We do not keep it in the house and am fine with whichever they have when we have a dessert at a friend’s or restaurant.

Pretty much all whipped cream now, but not very often. Cool Whip was more common for a period of time when I was young, and was served alongside whipped cream on holidays. I know I did buy a container of Cool Whip three or four years ago for a recipe, but can’t even tell you now what that was.

I only eat whipped cream once a year, on Thanksgiving. I use heavy whipping cream with a little vanilla and sugar in my mixer and it is the best. If we make hot cocoa for the boys we'll get them a can of whipped cream. I cannot stand Cool Whip but to each his own.

Real whipped cream is so luxurious and simple to do, just whip some cream with a smidge of vanilla and powdered sugar, plus it is wildly less expensive & you can skip the sugar for diets.

Cool whip is in the bucket with all the other Flubber Foods, it always looks right but tastes like chemicals, so many SIM foods now.

Anyone else see videos of ice cream brands that don't melt, I mean "frozen dairy dessert"... Frankinfoods

Real whipped cream is so luxurious and simple to do, just whip some cream with a smidge of vanilla and powdered sugar, plus it is wildly less expensive & you can skip the sugar for diets.
This!!!

When we went camping, I’d keep a tall lidded glass jar buried in the ice. Add the ingredients you noted and give it to the kiddos to shake. One of their first “science experiments”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter