• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

slo’s TUESDAY 5/2 poll - Musical Instruments

Musical Instruments - How many do you play?

Votes: 8 9.8%

Votes: 12 14.6%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 or more

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • None - I used to play a musical instrument(s) at one time

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • None - I’ve never played a musical instrument

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How many musical instruments do you currently know how to play?

*Please post what instrument(s) you play.

For Me……..Sadly - None
I used to play piano, clarinet and a little trombone, but there’s no way I’d be able to play a song on any of those anymore :sad2:

CF8B0D41-7004-4AEF-ABA2-BA358D977C83.png

None. I tried the keyboard and clarinet when I was in elementary school but didn't enjoy either and certainly wasn't very good. I much prefer singing!

I tried guitar in junior high but wasn’t very good.

In senior year of high school I gave it another shot but dropped out after maybe the third session. No musical talent whatsoever.

None. I played guitar for about a hot minute in high school- everyone did in the 70s, it seems- but I never really learned to play or more than a few basic chords to strum along while we were singing 'round the campfire (girl scout camp). I always wanted to play the piano and am considering learning now, in my old age, but I always struggled with reading music so it probably won't happen.

I used to play the violin and a little self-taught piano. My husband plays the piano and drums and knows the trombone, sousaphone, guitar, and the mandolin. Older son plays guitar and cello. Younger son has some major musical ability but refuses to play anything. And by refuses, I mean he will sit in whatever instrumental lessons, holding the instrument and refusing to play, so we gave up. He's a little stubborn.

Baritone player here!! My high school invites alumni and friends back each year to participate in marching the Memorial Day parade! Always makes for a fun weekend with a small short rehearsal on Friday (followed by dinner and drinks :-) )
The the parade on Monday morning!! Note, I can actually almost play the whole song by the end of the parade each year without being too winded lol

For Me……..Sadly - None
I used to play piano, clarinet and a little trombone, but there’s no way I’d be able to play a song on any of those anymore :sad2:

You might be surprised. I played clarinet in the school band for nine years. Never picked up the instrument after high school. Twenty-something years later, DS took up the trumpet. One day, he was practicing some Christmas songs, and I decided to try and play along just for the fun of it. I shocked myself by being able to play fairly quickly. I couldn’t name the notes, but my fingers played them, like on auto-pilot. I suppose the memory stays with you in your brain and can be reawakened. It was honestly so weird but amazing!

So if you still have your instrument/s and the desire, you may want to give it a try. :thumbsup2

As about a 2nd grader, I tried trumpet, for about 2 months I think. My front teeth fell out and I could not purse my lips properly to properly blow into the the trumpet, and that was that. I then tried clarinet for a few weeks, lost my clarinet, and that was that. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter