slo’s TUESDAY 7/5 poll - Summer Vacation

Summer Vacation - Who’s going or who’s been?

• I’ve already been on vacation in June

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • I’m going on vacation in July

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • I’m going on vacation in August

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I am not going on vacation this summer (I went earlier this year)

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • I am not going on vacation this summer (I’m going later this year)

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I am not going on vacation this summer

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • We are undecided about going on a summer vacation

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • We had to cancel our summer vacation

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t go on vacations

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters
We won’t be going on vacation until mid October when we stay in a condo right on the beach in the Outer Banks for 10 nights. Our friends will be staying with us too. We went last year for 6 nights and had such a nice time.

We did a week long trip to Williamsburg in June. We have a couple short trips planned before we go back to school mid August. We are planning a couple days at cedar point in August.

Just got back from 10 days at Aulani... First time there and the resort was awsome...... Was a little windy a couple of days other than that perfect weather the whole time.

We went to WDW in May, on our way right now to the beach, two more beach trips in Sept, plus a trip to TN.

I'm an "other." Next week we are off to Colorado for 7 days. Home for 5, then off to a vacation cottage just off the beach for the last week of July and the first week of August. THEN DD and I will do a fast 5 nights at Disney in late August before school starts. Nope, not rich... just a LOT of travel credit and comps from the past 2 years!

Couldn't do multiple votes.

We went to the Outer Banks in June and are going to WDW in August.

Youngest DD had a volleyball tournament in Orlando in June. We were there for 5 nights and then we tacked on 2 days at the AKL. That’s it for us this year other than a long weekend in August for a family reunion.

We almost always do a beach trip late July/early August, but just couldn’t work out the schedule. I wish we’d have done a few extra days at AKL, but DH has a lot going on with our business and didn’t feel as though he could take more time. I keep looking at the schedule to see if we could sneak in a trip during the school year, but with one in high school and two at different colleges, nothing seems to work.

We’re on permanent vaca. Live in a resort area and then escape to a ranch area. Back and forth.

We’ll be in Europe for a month in the late Fall. Can’t wait for that trip!

Reactions: NAB
3 day trip to NYC to see Billy Joel in August, (fingers crossed after the 4th reschedule). Now that the kids are out of school, we don't do big summer vacations, would rather go in spring or fall when places aren't as busy or expensive, plus by March I really need to go someplace warm! Also, we belong to a club that has tennis, golf, swimming, and all kinds of activities over the summer months, so we stay home and enjoy those amenities.

Depends on what you call a vacation. I'm going to WDW for a week in August. We are taking the RV to Birmingham for 4 nights next week for hubby's work. He will be going into an office, I'll be hanging around the RV resort, taking walks with the dog and maybe hitting the swimming pool. I don't think that counts as a vacation but might. I would love a beach vacation but don't see it in the cards until maybe later. Hubby might have to go to a Florida office to work so I'll go with but there are no RV resorts on the beach near where the office is. Last time we were there I didn't even get to see the ocean.

I chose other. Our second home is on OBX so we spend several long weekends there as well as at least one week every month. Dh is 100% remote work so he can be there all the time if he wanted. I have to make home visits and work in the office 1 day a week so I'm a bit more restricted to remaining in Maryland. Only 15 months til retirement and permanently NC residents!!

Vacation coming up in a few weeks. We do a family trip for a week. Me and my family, my mom, and my siblings and most of their families. We’ve been doing this since before my kids were born. We have always just did it in the summer since a lot of kids were involved and it had to be when school was out.

Staycation. Was supposed to be in Michigan for a national bowling tournament, but we are skipping it. So, using that week off to do things around our house/area

We are going away 4 nights in August but staying within the Province And going to Victoria. We were originally going to go to Disneyland then but had to reknew my kids passport and with the delays I don’t trust we will get them in time so I am pushing that trip back until Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter