slo’s Wednesday 4/10 poll - Bug Zapper 🦟

Bug Zapper - Do you or have you had one? (m.c.)

• I have one in our yard

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I have one hanging off a balcony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have one for our camping area

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I used to have one in the past - I have no desire for one now

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I used to have one in the past - I should replace it

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • My parents had one when I was growing up

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I’ve never had a bug zapper anywhere that I lived

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • What’s a bug zapper?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
It’s Spring time, which means the pesky bugs are starting to emerge from their winter hibernation. Some of us have bugs worse than others. Many of us use a bug zapper to keep them under control. Let us know…..

Do you use a bug zapper in your yard or camping area?
If no…have you used one in the past?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..We’ve had one in the past - it hung on our shed, which is close to the pool. That thing would be zapping all the time, and I can say that it did help with keeping the mosquitoes to a minimum by the pool at dusk and night (not gone, just more tolerable). When the zapper died, we didn’t replace it because I got tired of hearing it all the time. We aren’t night time swimmers, so replacing it wasn’t needed (my girls swam at night when they were younger, but not once they were older). I don’t see us getting another one anytime soon.
IMG_1643.jpeg

I went through two in my old backyard so many bugs thanks to the woods !! Could use one now - the bats are not keeping up with eating the bugs !!!

No I never had a bug zapper. Overall it seems like there are fewer insects around. Now on the other hand a deer zapper might be useful!

My parents had one when I was growing up. I remember hearing it zap, but I am not sure how well it kept the bugs away (it was positioned pretty far from the patio, ostensibly to draw the bugs away from the patio). I don't foresee us getting one any time soon, but a bugless patio would be a nice feature!

Never owned a bug zapper for home use but had citarella candle buckets hung around my campsites (tent camper not an RVer) and sprayed surfaces with Sawyer’s Permethrin. No more biting bugs, Hallelujah!

My aunt in North Carolina always had 3 or 4 in her backyard. Mosquitos weren't as bad at our house in New Jersey.

Growing up, we had a house down the shore in NJ. Many of our neighbors had them and you could hear the non-stop zapping. It was really annoying. My parents had their reasons for not wanting one. Our first house was one DH bought from his dad and it came with his old bug zapper, but we never used it and went for the more popular option among those we know... Citronella Tiki Torches.

We've had in the past, not now.

When we used to have outdoor get-together and parties, I would use a fogger for all the bushes and sprinkle Mosquito Beater around the property. Worked well.

My parents had one on the back patio when I was growing up. Dad liked to sit out there after dinner and didn’t like being bothered by the flies and mosquitoes.

We used to have these zappers that looked like Badminton racquets. The bug would fly past and you'd whack it with the zapper. Bzzt.

We had our outside room and deck knocked down last year so we don't do much sitting in the yard. I don't know where those zapper got to.

Never had one.
We don't have bugs that get into the house. We do have flies and mosquitos outside.
We have an exterminator come 5 times a year....and termite check 4 times a year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter