slo’s WEDNESDAY 5/15 poll - Cow’s Milk vs Plant Based Milk 🥛

Cow’s Milk vs Plant Based Milk - What do you drink? (m.c.)

• I drink cow’s milk

Votes: 70 63.6%
  • I drink plant based milk

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • I don’t drink any type of milk

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I drink soy milk

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I drink rice milk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I drink coconut milk

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I drink almond milk

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I drink cashew milk

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I drink oat milk

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁

Remember this ⬆️ commercial?
We don’t see fun commercials like this anymore.
This jingle for cow’s milk is something I still sing in my head to this day when I think about milk. Many of us don’t drink cow’s milk today, and have switched to plant based milk, and there’s many reason why. Some don’t like the idea of cows being mass milked, some can’t digest cow’s milk, some prefer the taste of plant based milk and more reasons. So on this Wednesday, tell us…..

Do you drink cow’s milk?
Do you drink plant based milk? If yes….what do you drink?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….I voted for cow’s milk, because this is my milk of choice unless my UC comes out of remission. If that happens, then I drink unsweetened almond milk. I drink cow’s milk every day. It’s in my cereal, and I use it in my protein drink that I make after my workouts. My bones should be good and strong 💪🏼

IMG_1700.jpeg

I drink cow's milk. I've never tried anything else. I think mostly cause I'm cheap. All the other milks cost more and I find enough yummy stuff to spend money on.

I very rarely actually drink milk, but I use it in cereal and possibly other things I cook, and it is always 2% cow's milk.

I don't drink milk often....unless I do hot chocolate.
I use it in cooking and on my oatmeal (those are cow's milk....lactose and fat free).
I use almond chocolate milk in smoothies.

I use oat milk in my iced coffee. I find it works better for both flavor and texture. Everything else I use cow's milk.

I cook with and drink cow's milk. However, I also drink almond milk (in my protein shakes) and use oat milk in coffee, sometimes.

I don't like or drink any milk. All of it is disgusting to me. I don't put milk in coffee, I don't put milk on cereal. Mostly we have cow milk on hand because one of the kids drinks it, and for cooking. Occasionally we'll have almond milk on hand for a recipe.

Real milk is my vice. We do buy the Fairlife filtered non-fat milk to get the sugar and fat level down, but all those fake milks taste chalky to me.

I picked "other" because I use Lactaid which is cow's milk but with lactase added. I use for my coffee, cereal, and any other recipe that calls for milk. Tastes exactly the same and I get no stomach pain. Also use their ice cream.

Like others here, it is rare for me to just drink milk, except in Florida....the T G Lee milk just taste better than our local milk....likely due to exactly what the cows are fed, climate, breed of cow, etc.

At home, here in Texas, I use milk, cow's milk mostly, on my morning oatmeal and in cooking. And generally, I use an UHT milk, the shelf stable milk that has been processed at a higher temperature, as I'm single and sometimes even a quart of regular milk will go bad before it is used up. The UHT milk keeps much better in the fridge after it has been opened.

Last edited:
I have never cared for plain white milk by itself. I enjoy in it so much in my favorite hot chocolate or a dash in a scrambled egg, etc. As a kid I did enjoy chocolate milk.

I have never cared for plain white milk by itself. I enjoy in it so much in my favorite hot chocolate or a dash in a scrambled egg, etc. As a kid I did enjoy chocolate milk.
I had never heard of adding milk to scrambled eggs until I met my wife. She stopped doing it because I am not a fan, but if we happen to have Heavy Cream in the house, she will put a dash of that in scrambled eggs. I can put up with that!

My husband and kids are big milk drinkers, but I've never found a glass of milk even remotely appealing. I'll tolerate it in a bowl of cereal, but can honestly say that I'm perfectly happy with dry cereal or even a little water if I need some moisture for balance. I will use milk for cooking in some cases, although...MOST recipes where I might use milk are much better with heavy cream. For as much as I love cheese, I hate the taste left behind in your mouth after drinking real milk...even chocolate milk.

I went dairy free for about 2 years and my "milk" of choice was unsweetened soy. If I wanted a treat, Almond Breeze makes a delicious banana almond milk. I tried oat milk but I found it to be heavy and rough on my tummy. Almond breeze chocolate milk...even when not going dairy free...is my chocolate "milk" of choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter