Sly tactic to push overhead cost onto the patients

I am just saying that I think the OP tossed out a light, fun quip that was scrutinized for no good reason.
It's a current cultural shift, so that is likely why people commented on it.

In the recent past it has been the norm for wives to make little comments and jokes about their husbands being dumb/incompetent and for husbands to make little comments and jokes about their wives being a nag/emotional, etc. I think it's so ingrained that most people don't even realize they do it or they think it's fine because they believe that's how everyone else talks about their spouses. I think for the last few generations it was considered a way to bond with other women or other men by complaining about your spouses.

I don't think anyone was attacking the OP because it's fairly clear that the comment wasn't malicious. I think others were just trying to point out that those types of comments/generalizations/stereotypes are becoming less socially acceptable. So, instead of having desired effect of bringing women together (which seems to be the way the OP was intending it), many now find that type of comment off-putting.

For us, I do these things for dh because he just isn't good at dealing with it. For the life of him he can't remember the name of his blood pressure medication, or the cholesterol medication. It's all Greek to him and even if I made him flash cards to study it, he won't retain it. That doesn't make him dumb, it just isn't one of his strengths. We all have strengths and weaknesses.
I work in health care, have taken medical terminology courses and it's easy peasy to me. There are tasks that I could muddle through if I had to live alone, such as cooking, but he is really good at it, so that has become one of the tasks that is his. I pay the bills because he isn't good at that.
We don't divide things based on sex, but mostly that we each feel like some tasks are torture and some we learn we are pretty good at, and it just so happens that we complete each other in that sense. There aren't many things I can think of that make both of us struggle.
After being together over 30 years, we are fully aware that we'd be lost without each other.

They requested I print them. Not sure why, but I did. 🫤
Let me see if I'm understanding your post correctly
The Doctor's office asked you to assume their cost,
You did,
And now you are upset with them because of ?
Am I missing something?

In the recent past it has been the norm for wives to make little comments and jokes about their husbands being dumb/incompetent and for husbands to make little comments and jokes about their wives being a nag/emotional, etc. I think it's so ingrained that most people don't even realize they do it or they think it's fine because they believe that's how everyone else talks about their spouses. I think for the last few generations it was considered a way to bond with other women or other men by complaining about your spouses.
Today, the probate and family court refer to that as emotional abuse.
It's characterized by a person's words, actions, and the consistency of these behaviors.

For us, I do these things for dh because he just isn't good at dealing with it. For the life of him he can't remember the name of his blood pressure medication, or the cholesterol medication. It's all Greek to him and even if I made him flash cards to study it, he won't retain it. That doesn't make him dumb, it just isn't one of his strengths. We all have strengths and weaknesses.
I work in health care, have taken medical terminology courses and it's easy peasy to me. There are tasks that I could muddle through if I had to live alone, such as cooking, but he is really good at it, so that has become one of the tasks that is his. I pay the bills because he isn't good at that.
We don't divide things based on sex, but mostly that we each feel like some tasks are torture and some we learn we are pretty good at, and it just so happens that we complete each other in that sense. There aren't many things I can think of that make both of us struggle.
After being together over 30 years, we are fully aware that we'd be lost without each other.
I could have written this! We too have tasks we’ve taken on because one of us finds it easier than the other does, and we respect each other for our individual strengths and are thankful we can lean on the other to help with our weaknesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter