Sly tactic to push overhead cost onto the patients

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I just printed out a mortgage application for my husband's new doctor appointment tomorrow. About 12 pages I tell you. If it had been for myself, no way I would have used my printer ink for that doctor offices gain. I would have just filled out such when I arrived. But no way was I going to send him there tomorrow, and have all that laid out on him. (ladies, you get my reasoning, right?) Just a sly tactic to push off their overhead onto the patient.

I don't know why you need a mortgage application for a doctor visit.

My doctors' offices hand you an iPad when you arrive, if you haven't done any paperwork ahead of time. Even if you're an established patient, they want you to confirm your address, meds taken, insurance coverage, and so forth. DH and I don't like having our health information online, so we don't use the patient portal, but that's an option, too. It would include a discharge summary, test results, and billing information.

If you're printing that stuff out, okay, but that's on you.

My husband can handle filling out forms on his own. I would never do that for him.
DH needs to know how to do for himself. I could drop dead tomorrow and it might take him a few months to get a new wife. I say that only partially joking. He doesn’t like taking care of things for himself. I change the light bulbs, pay the bills, call the plumber, etc. I’m sure he would remarry or have his executive assistant do those things.

Every health professional I’ve gone to over the past few years have had online forms to fill out and send in. No need to print, and most do not want you to print them out and fill them in anyways.
They will just have you sit there while their nurse enters the info on their computer. I feel like this war is lost. The only hope the average person has is to just be one of so many people that their info isn’t actually used for nefarious purposes.

I had to have major surgery about 6 months ago and all my forms were filled out on line. Easy, peasy. Every time I showed up for an appointment (and there were a lot of the post surgery cause it went a bit wonky) I just had to sign my name because all the info. was already there. And, yes, hubby could do it all himself had it been him.

As an aside, we were watching something last week where a husband was all over the place because his wife died almost a year ago. I think they were married like ten years. We got to discussing husbands and wives who couldn't seem to function without the other. We came to the conclusion, that while we would miss the other, neither of us would have a problem functioning. We have been together over 30 years but are both very independent. Both can repair small things in the house if needed (thank you Utube) or are capable of figuring out who to call. We both manage our own finances. We both have no problem spending time with ourselves.

Everything is one online with all my Doctors except one. He expects everything to be done on paper.

They requested I print them. Not sure why, but I did. 🫤
They likely requested you fill them out at home because even when they tell patients to show up 15 or 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork, they rarely do. So they are taking up too much of the appointment time in the room still filling out the forms.

Why they need paper forms instead of just letting you fill everything out electronically? Probably because they are just set in their ways. I'm fairly certain that fax machines are still the primary means of transmitting records and prescriptions, which seems very outdated to most people in other industries.

Umm, for any business the customers cover the overhead in what they pay for services, right? Grocery, clothing store, car repair, dentist, medical office, all the same. Maybe having you pay to print keeps their charges to you lower because you’re not paying for staff time and benefits along with paper and ink.

adies, you get my reasoning, right?) Just a sly tactic to push off their overhead onto the patient.

respectfully....No. Adults are adults no matter female/male. My husband is, at 52 years of age, completely capable of filling out these forms himself. As am I.

Why do you feel he is incapable of taking care of this paperwork himself? I totally understand wanting to help him....but what exactly do you mean by 'you get my reasoning, right'?

respectfully....No. Adults are adults no matter female/male. My husband is, at 52 years of age, completely capable of filling out these forms himself. As am I.

Why do you feel he is incapable of taking care of this paperwork himself? I totally understand wanting to help him....but what exactly do you mean by 'you get my reasoning, right'?
He could. But it's kinda like when I get a big spider in the laundry room. I could get it, but I had rather not. 😖. I'll get him too.

He could. But it's kinda like when I get a big spider in the laundry room. I could get it, but I had rather not. 😖. I'll get him too.
Yeah, I would kill the spider. Snakes are another matter, but I've never had one in the house.

My husband also takes care of his own medical and dental appointments, including all paperwork. He's an adult that way. I'm happy to give him a ride home from surgery or something, but beyond that--it's all on him. I've never understood the logic of treating a grown man like he's incapable.

I love bring able to complete paperwork at home! I have 5 kids and used to dread it.
Yup!!

My triplets have maybe 90%-95% the same info depending on how detailed the form is. Whenever possible, I print one, fill out all the same stuff, run two copies, and then just do the couple of different things for each.

Even without kids being triplets, doing that with the address and emergency contact info first saves a ton of time.

Time to get an exterminator or have some entry spots sealed, or clean out the cobwebs, or..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter