Smokers @ the boardwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate Granny

DIS Veteran
We had two guest smoking pretty regularly in their balconies 5014 and 3014. 5014 had their balcony door open the entire day yesterday. Asked to speak to the manager this am when checking out. They sent a college student, obvious they were not concerned. I'll send a note to member service.

We had two guest smoking pretty regularly in their balconies 5014 and 3014. 5014 had their balcony door open the entire day yesterday. Asked to speak to the manager this am when checking out. They sent a college student, obvious they were not concerned. I'll send a note to member service.

You need to contact them when it is happening and keep calling if it continues (even better go to the front desk). Why is sending a college student mean they are obviously not concerned?

As a point of interest, I noticed the following on my reservation confirmation letter:

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

Points Per Room/ Per Night: If staying at a Disney Vacation Club® Resort, Points refers to Vacation Points. If staying at a Disney Collection resort, Points refers to Reservation Points.
Requests are not guaranteed.
All rooms, balconies and patios are non-smoking. Please use the designated smoking areas only.
Pets are not allowed, except service animals as defined by The Americans With Disabilities Act.
Failure to pay Annual Dues in full when due may result in cancellation of reservations.

I added the underlining, but otherwise it is a direct quote from the confirmation, so IMO, it's perfectly OK to report the scofflaws as soon as you notice them, and especially if it is bothering you. :)

Since smoking threads tend to turn into debates, the DIS doesn't allow them. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. I'm sure there are many college students who can handle situations like this in a professional manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter