Snacks for the Flight

Hellie

Mouseketeer
I always find that the food on the plane is not very nice and only really eat the bread roll, cheese and occasionally the desert, so I have to take snacks with me to have through the flight.

I normally take, crisps, jaffa cakes and maybe a sandwich from the airport.

What if anything do other people take to get them through the flight?

Helen :cool:

Never had any problems with the standard of food offered to me on a flight. The only snacks I take on with me are Soft Mints and Fruit Pastels.

We always take a tube of Pringles. These great as you can re-seal the tube and just nibble on a few when you are hungry.

We also take a few sweets to stop DD's ears from popping on the takeoff/landing.

Originally posted by Sue F UK
We always take a tube of Pringles. These great as you can re-seal the tube and just nibble on a few when you are hungry.

We also take a few sweets to stop DD's ears from popping on the takeoff/landing.

pringles :earseek:

i'd have to eat them all !!!!

Must have a big bag of nuts (M&S jumbo's or a fancy mixed.) Goes great with the free beer.

Reminds me of a flight from LAX to LHR a couple of years back on Virgin. I was sitting in an aisle seat and there was a kid (maybe about 8 years old or so) sitting across the aisle from me. He ate loads of PRINGLES (the brown flavour - BBQ?) and sweets, then his Virgin kids meal, then more PRINGLES and sweets. Anyway, I went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night just in time to watch the poor little chap throw-up all over himself and his poor father trying to clean it up...

Sorry a bit off topic, but the combination of flights and PRINGLES (& kids) always makes me think of that. Needless to say, I don't advocate PRINGLES (especially letting kids stuff themselves silly) on planes... ;-)

Boo

Hi Hellie
Can't stand the food in flight either. On short flights I just starve but anything longer than 4 hours I take as much as I can carry. Sandwiches (freshly made before leaving home), Scotch eggs, Chicken drumsticks (cooked at home the same day) biscuits, fruit pies, apples, bananas, grapes, tomatoes, samosas, bhajis, potato salad, dried apricots, walnuts, brazil nuts, crisps, Sit near me if you get delayed:p

Kenbar

Let me know when you are next flying, you would definitely be the person to sit by!! You have given me a few ideas, never thought of taking chicken, but will now

Hellie

DD suffered with airsickness a lot when she was younger (I'm hoping she's growing out of it a bit), and in the past the only way she felt better was to stick her nose in an empty Pringles pot! She claimed the smell of the on-flight meals made her feel bad, but the smell of the Pringles pot helped :rolleyes:

Yes, we always take Pringles, too!

On a more serious note, if you are going to take items like sandwiches and fruit, etc., don't forget to offload any leftovers to the cabin crew before disembarking in Orlando, as you won't be allowed to take any meats or fruit (or dairy products?) through customs.

Kenbar, that sounds like some picnic! ;)

Hilary, I must remember to take some Pringles then!!! DD Sam felt a bit sick on our return flight last year, but she did have a heavy cold and I'm hoping that that had something to do with it. We flew to Paris in Jan and she was fine, I know that is a shorter flight but I would have thought she would feel ill even then if she had a real problem?

Something I have had to buy for our flight to Jersey in August is Earplanes for both DS and DD, as they both complained about earache on the Paris flight.

They sure keep us Mum's busy don't they? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter