Snow! Check out what we woke up to!

tlenzendorf

Always Dreaming of Disney!
The kids are enjoying it immensly. I've measured different spots in the yard varying from 12-17 inches. We've been shoveling pretty much nonstop except for to make and eat brunch since 7am. Our arbovidas are broken so we will have to replace most of them in the spring or see the jerk neighbor's backyard. Ugh.

I hope you enjoy the pics!

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

That is really pretty......pleeeeaaaassse keep up there however.We had about 2/3 in. the other evening and that was it for me. I can not imagine driving in that. Are you going to WDW so? After all that shoveling I would hope so. Have fun playing in it, by the way what is the temperature there.Good time to get some Disboards in with some hot chocolate:surfweb:

At least you have a snow blower! We don't. I spent over 2 hours shoveling this morning.

My photo from this morning:
Snow-Dec-9-2009.JPG

That is really pretty......pleeeeaaaassse keep up there however.We had about 2/3 in. the other evening and that was it for me. I can not imagine driving in that. Are you going to WDW so? After all that shoveling I would hope so. Have fun playing in it, by the way what is the temperature there.Good time to get some Disboards in with some hot chocolate:surfweb:

Just DH and I are going to WDW in March, without the kiddos. It'll be a long winter. The temp isn't toooo bad right now, its about 29 I think. Tomorrow the high will be 8! Wind chills all day between -15 and -25. Pretty much everyone had a snow day today. I work for the UW Hospital and we even had a snow day for our outpatient clinics. That hardly ever happens. The kids are all tuckered out from playing in the snow. I've got to get their stuff in the dryer and then we're going to work on some Christmas cookies.

At least you have a snow blower! We don't. I spent over 2 hours shoveling this morning.

No snowblower? Yikes! Ours is very small and this darn snow is so wet and heavy it was helpful, but we had to do a LOT of shoveling, too. I am tired for sure, I think I was out there 5 hours total. DH has been out 7 and we still have work to do. Our driveway is 2 cars wide, but then we have the 3rd stall on the side of the garage. Then we have a long sidewalk and then we used the roof rake. I'll be feeling this tomorrow for sure. I already had a pulled neck/back muscle from the gym :sad2:

Spent the better part of 4 hours shoveling 10 inches of snow this morning. The best part was thinking how nice the next ten days are going to be BECAUSE WE LEAVE TOMORROW MORNING FOR WDW.

I am very happy that all we received was rain,We live on the water and have a very long privately gated drive.Last year when we had heavy snow the plow was having trouble due to the grade. I was soooooo sore. This year if it happens agian i think i will fit the dogs (several Rottweilers, who think they are toy poodles) for a plow, they love the snow and I would have some extra help shoveling the drive and waterside.I will also make sure to put a nip of Amoretto in my chocolate , that should warm things up a bit.Have fun and enjoy the Holidays. Jenn V.

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing all of your pics.... sooooooo pretty!!!
I actually miss that... ok, well just a little bit!! ;) I was born and raised in Buffalo, so I definitely know snow!!
Now I live about 45 min from WDW.... it was mid 80's here today and very, very humid! But I can honestly say I do miss having a "white" Christmas! :santa:

It's amazing to me how something so beautiful can cause so much ache in my joints.
Wonderful pictures !

Yea, I heard the U of Wisc cancelled classes today, something that hasnt happened for I think they said 45 years?!?!?

Yea, I heard the U of Wisc cancelled classes today, something that hasnt happened for I think they said 45 years?!?!?
I know for a fact that the UW-Madison has been closed before as I was here in Madison for that snowstorm too! It was back in 1990 ... but still a long time ago. As long as the buses are running, classes are in session :).

Great pics. But do me a favor -- keep the snow there (and in Dubuque where my son is and got 14 inches)...we don't want it here (we only got three inches by our house, thankfully!) :)

I am in Madison too. Our street was not plowed until 10pm last night. We were shoveling/ snow blowing for 12 hours yesterday!!!! We also have a snow blower but it was not big enough. It kept plugging up. :headache: We made better progress with our shovels. I am pretty sure we were close to 18 in. here. And boy is it chilly today. BRRRRR. Gotta love Wisconsin! Makes me appreciate my winter trips to Florida.:thumbsup2

I was shocked that our street was plowed in the morning since we are a very small side street. Well, that is it was plowed after the snow plow got stuck and then dug out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter