Snow on Main Street - Both Parades?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Although we get enough of it at home, I want to make sure we experience the "snow" on Main Street when we are at MVMCP on November 30.
I thought I read, although I can't remember, if they only "do" the snow on Main Street for the first parade. Our family was originally planning on attending the second parade so we can get some attractions in while the first one is going on.
Can anyone confirm if there is "snow" during both parades. Thank you VERY much :)

Snow falls on Main Street as you enter the park (when the party starts), during BOTH parades and then at the end of the night when the park is closing...

Thank you VERY much! You have been so helpful to me the last few days. I was also worried about my all day at MK on 12/3. Do you still think I will be OK if we avoid MS? :) Thanks so much.

Does it "snow" anytime other than MVMCP? Osborne lights? If our trip stays on, we won't arrive 'till 12/18...after the last MVMCP.

TIA,

Pam

Thanks Libertybelle- I was wondering the same thing about the snow. I can't wait till MVMCP!!!princess:

We were in WDW in early December several years ago and I can remember it "snowing" at MGM, either on New York Street or where the Osborne lights used to be.

Originally posted by safetymom
js, if you are referring to MS that is at Epcot not MK.

Hey Safteymom, I think he was referring to Main Street :) Dec 3 is when the filming begins for the Christmas Parade...

Yes JS if you try and stay off Main Street you should be ok that day. The park in general is usually not that crowded you just get the people on Main Street that want to be a part of the filming.

As for the other question about snow, it does generally snow during the Osbourne lights and also they have snow nightly in Celebration which is REALLY cool if you can get over there. They block off a street and they have so much foam on the road that it looks like snow and then they have the snoap (as we call it)...

Thank you all. My mom told me last night that the parade wasn't filming on 12/3 and now LibertyBelle you are saying that it is :( so I know you are correct :)
Safetymom, sorry, I was referring to MS not M:S LOL
Oh, and a VERY important factor, I'm a she not a he LOL :)

It snowed on New Years Eve in the MK last year. That was the first time I saw it. Very cool!
Franne

Originally posted by js
Thank you all. My mom told me last night that the parade wasn't filming on 12/3 and now LibertyBelle you are saying that it is :( so I know you are correct :)
)

Yes, it is currently scheduled for December 3 and 4 (with December 5 on standby for additional filming if necessary). That could all change, but that is the current dates planned.

LibertyBelle, if it were you, would you still keep your plans for a full day at MK? I have all my ps in place, all our best days for which parks, etc. Or, do you think I should just reschedule that day? Thanks so much.
We are not planning on partaking anything on Main Street. We will be there 11/28 in the am for EMH and Cindys and then Epcot. Will be at MK on 11/30 for MVMCP and then planned on being back for 12/4. Thank you all so much :)

I would not worry about it, once you get off Main Street it will be fine (just use the train if you need to, avoid Main Street however you can). The congestion is confinded to Main Street mostly, but I would say at some point check it out, it is neat to be able to say you saw some of the filming :)

We were there last year on December 30 and it snowed during the afternoon parade (Christmas Parade) on Main Street. I checked my video and there was definately snow during the parade. We stayed till closing and I believe it also snowed as you were leaving the park.
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter