• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Snowwark........Royal Botanical Gardens DISmeet *UPDATE* ~ Mid-June Date?

It's the right site, both written and map! Now I have a better chance of finding it!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Since this is coming up.....

And we are all such the planners.....

What time shall we meet? Julie can't make it until after noon, which is ok by me.

Any suggestions for time and anybody else?

Scratch

Thanks for bumping this Janet. :)

I will be solo, as it turns out, because Dh has to go to Ohio on business for a few days, which includes the weekend.

Where would be the best place to meet? The RBG site says that the main parking lot is on Spring Gardens Road. The shuttle bus schedule doesn't appear to be up on the website yet.

Kim, I think I might come via the 403 rather than drive to Guelph to get on Hwy 6 as suggested by the RBG web site. I'll have to check with Dh, to see which would be best route for me. Where would be the best place to exit from the 403? (I'm looking at the map provided with the RBG directions and can't determine whether there's an exit to Plains road, coming from Hamilton direction) I guess that would also depend on where we decide to meet since there's parking on both sides of the 403.

I have to drop Tim off at 11 o'clock so I should be able to be there around 12 ~ 12:15 going on the fact that it takes me 45 minutes to get to the mall. Does that sound about right, Kim?

Anyone else care to join us? :)

Julie, I'm going to have to get DH to double check those directions for you. :)

I was thinking that since the Rock Garden Tea House only serves tea/light lunch from 11:30 - 3:00, that perhaps we should meet there, and then work off our lunch by touring the grounds. What do you think? Would 12:30 work?

Also, I noticed in yesterday's Spectator that the Iris and Peony Festival begins June 8th (Laking Garden), so the gardens may be even busier than usual.

:)

12:30 sounds good for me, Kim.

From the RBG map it looks like there is parking across the road from the rock garden. Dh says that I CAN exit onto Hwy 6 N, coming from Hamilton direction. The ramp goes to the left. Does John agree? Then I would get on Plains Rd and head down to York Blvd to the Rock Garden. The map doesn't show exactly where the Tea House is located but I imagine there are signs.

Gosh, I'm sorry Julie, I forgot to have DH check this out. :( I will get him to look at it tonight, okay? I promise!!!!! :)

Julie, John says your DH is absolutely correct!! :) The Rock Garden Tea House, as far as I understand is at the Rock Garden, which is shown on the map. :)

I'm bringing DD with me, if that's ok!

12:30 at the Tea House!

Scratch

I will try to make it but I'll probably be late-we have Sunday School Promotion that day which involves a bit of a party afterwards. Hope to see you then. Kathy

Have fun everyone...wish I was closer so I could join you :).

We shall partake of the flora and fauna (and food!), thinking of all of you! :)

Hopefully next time, Lisa...I still want to call you Lisa...LOL..;)

I hope you can make it, Kathy! :)

Kim, got your pm ~ thanks! I thought the weather looked a little "iffy" for Sunday in yesterday's forecast, but I just checked and now it's only showing "cloudy periods" with a 30% chance of showers ~ it's gone down! :cool:

Hope you guys have great time.I would love to come too but unfortunately way too much stuff to do around the house.If the Tea House is busy,there is always Easterbrooks and one of them foot long dogs...............MMMMM.:p

Awww, now they've changed the forecast back to showers on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it will hold off til evening.

Kelly if you need a break from all that work, come join us at 12:30!

Oh boy....at the moment I can't even see to the end of my street. :(

Julie, you have a ways to drive, what is like at your place? It could clear up in a couple of hours...

Here's the forecast for today. Weather for Hamilton - Sunday . What should we do? :confused: :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter