So. Can I bring.....?

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
I’m sure this is old to many of you. We sailed long ago -back when over the door shoe organizers were okay.

I have traveled with a small fan “forever”. Same fan all 5 of my cruises, taken it EVERYWHERE. Brazil 3 times. I can’t sleep with out a fan. Will DCL allow my small electric fan? Also I’ve ALWAYS taken a nice surge strip. Not the traditional model. A smaller, sleek newer version. I see no surge strips. But maybe an adapter with like 3 plugs and USB ports???
Struggling here....

The surge suppressors found in power strips are a hazard. Ship power is not the same as you have a home. We picked up one of these - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P93618...olid=1KZAAS3A6OM0X&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. It is a 6 port USB charger from Anker. Before we purchased it, we contacted DCL to make sure it would be approved. It was. I als brought the individual chargers for our devices as back up.

This page should help - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

Per the above page, your portable fan will be collected and returned at the end of the cruise.

Ummmmm, over the door shoe organizers are no longer ok? Our last cruise was 2013. I was hoping to use mine this December. 😬

We hung door organizer on clothes hanger and had no problem, didn’t put it on the door. This was December 2017 on Fantasy.
This is what we have done three times now. We hang it on the hook outside the bathroom. We zip tie ours to a hanger and it works great.

Can you use a white noise machine instead of a fan to get a similar background noise?

This page should help - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

Per the above page, your portable fan will be collected and returned at the end of the cruise.

That is NOT what the page says regarding fans.

It says:

"
The following electrical appliances will be collected for inspection by the Chief Electrician and if approved, will be returned for use onboard the ship.
  • Baby Monitors
  • Humidifiers
  • Portable fans
  • White Noise/Sleep Machine
"

What this means is that when you get on board you have to take your fan to guest services. They will take it and the chief electrician will inspect it. It if passes inspection, it will be returned to your stateroom and you will be allowed to use it during the cruise. If it fails inspection, it will be held until the end of the cruise and returned to you.

You can call or email DCL and ask for more details about the proceedure in case the specific process has changed.

SW

That is NOT what the page says regarding fans.

It says:

"
The following electrical appliances will be collected for inspection by the Chief Electrician and if approved, will be returned for use onboard the ship.
  • Baby Monitors
  • Humidifiers
  • Portable fans
  • White Noise/Sleep Machine
"

What this means is that when you get on board you have to take your fan to guest services. They will take it and the chief electrician will inspect it. It if passes inspection, it will be returned to your stateroom and you will be allowed to use it during the cruise. If it fails inspection, it will be held until the end of the cruise and returned to you.

You can call or email DCL and ask for more details about the proceedure in case the specific process has changed.

SW
Thanks!!

How long does it take to check 100s of items?

I need the noise and the breeze - air movement.

5 previous cruises allowed it. ( 2-DCL 3-CCL).

Do you suppose a USB or battery operated fan would be acceptable? You might send an email asking about those options.

Our daughters friend brought a small electric fan in her suit case. Her suit case came late, the fan was inspected and used entire trip. This was Nov 2018.

How long does it take to check 100s of items?

I need the noise and the breeze - air movement.

5 previous cruises allowed it. ( 2-DCL 3-CCL).

I had a medical electrical item on my last cruise that needed clearance. I brought it in my carryon and took it to guest services when we got on board. It had it back before dinner.

SW

Huh, learn something new all the time on here. Never even thought to check that over the door hangers were not allowed. We used one last week on one of the bathroom doors on the Wonder. Nobody said a thing...

Huh, learn something new all the time on here. Never even thought to check that over the door hangers were not allowed. We used one last week on one of the bathroom doors on the Wonder. Nobody said a thing...
You were lucky. If you had caused damage (scratches, bent door/door frame) you'd be liable for it.

Just for information this is the letter from DCL regarding this policy:
April 19, 2013)
Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter