So conflicted about which resort to choose.

POR is a great resort! Their food court is one of the best on property! If you decide to become DVC members you will not be disappointed. We are members and purchased SSR in 2010.

I don't think you will need a park hopper with little kids. We save money by eating breakfast in the room, having a sit down.meal for lunch, then a light dinner. This might help.if you do not do free dining and book WL. They have fridges.and Garden Grocer delivers groceries upon your arrival.

I don't think you will need a park hopper with little kids. We save money by eating breakfast in the room, having a sit down.meal for lunch, then a light dinner. This might help.if you do not do free dining and book WL. They have fridges.and Garden Grocer delivers groceries upon your arrival.
Thank you- the only reason I was wanting it was because a couple of the days we will be at MK and have to leave at 6 because of the Halloween parties

I am not positive, but I think the CSR pool is closed starting in September. I don’t know if that is a good alternative. If you are not getting free dining either way, I would stay at POR and save the money from Wildeness Lodge.

I'm going to break from most others here. CBR is a huge sprawling complex of buildings around a lake. The construction is extensive but confined to the main food court and pool areas as well as to the north. I would not hesitate to stay in the Trinidad South section. It is far from the construction, no noise, has it's own small quiet pool and has the new Spyglass grill counter service if you need something to eat. We don't need a table service restaurant at the resort we stay as we tend to eat at a wide variety of Disney restaurants throughout WDW.

If the cost savings were substantial for free dining the Trinidad South at CBR would be perfect at least for us!!

I'm going to break from most others here. CBR is a huge sprawling complex of buildings around a lake. The construction is extensive but confined to the main food court and pool areas as well as to the north. I would not hesitate to stay in the Trinidad South section. It is far from the construction, no noise, has it's own small quiet pool and has the new Spyglass grill counter service if you need something to eat. We don't need a table service restaurant at the resort we stay as we tend to eat at a wide variety of Disney restaurants throughout WDW.

If the cost savings were substantial for free dining the Trinidad South at CBR would be perfect at least for us!!

The problem being you can't book a specific section. You can request one, but there is no guarantee of getting your request.

The problem being you can't book a specific section. You can request one, but there is no guarantee of getting your request.

There's 2 ways you will be guaranteed a certain section/Village. If you book Preferred you will only be in Trinidad North and if you book any Pirate Themed Room you will only be in Trinidad South. Other than those 2 Villages, you are correct.

OP, I think you will be very happy with your choice. Beautiful resort, fun pool-my grandson loved taking the boat to MK. When your little ones are sleeping you and your husband can relax on the balcony with a drink-it will truly feel like a vacation :)

You are going to love the WL!!! Honestly I think you will be totally enamoured. I can’t wait to go back and see all the renovations they have done. We stayed at the WL our 1st family trip in 2006. Loved it so much we purchased DVC there! Careful LOL.

It is so beautiful and peaceful there.
It truly is peace away from the parks. The boat ride to MK is really nice. On the way home from Epcot sometimes DD wanted to take the monorail. So we did and then take boat from contemporary to WL. Yes you can take a bus but sometimes DD likes the journey ;-)
I could go on and on :-)
Happy planning
Kerri

For sure I'd spend more for WL and budget elsewhere. I think the hotel experience (especially per your OP) is important - but we spend alot of time at our resort. (Can you save somewhere at home - so you can also have spending $/whatever else you were going to cut back on vacation?) I think you won't regret 6 months after the trip spending more to stay at WL vs. CBR under construction. WL is beautiful and calmer even when neither is under construction. Boat to MK!

Thanks everyone - I upgraded to a nature view room at wilderness lodge and dropped he park hopper today! So excited !

Good for you! :goodvibes I think first impressions are important. And CBR would not make a good first impression on your husband. WL surely will!

We have been going to WDW for about 25 years. We stayed at CBR for the first time in December. We had booked it well before the construction was announced . We ended up with a spectacular deal: free dining, a room discount & a gift card. We still would have preferred to move. But we couldn’t without losing our free dining which was important to the family members we were traveling with. No, we did not hear any noise. But the lack of a proper food court was a big deal for me. You can’t get to the main lobby without taking an internal shuttle. And nothing kills the “theming” of a resort like looking at huge cranes & dirt everywhere. I would have been really disappointed if it was my first stay onsite. Have a great vacation!

I would go back to POR or switch to CSR and keep free dining. If you do switch to WL, definitely drop the park hoppers. it's a lot of work to hop with young kids and it will save you money.

Bettonskyblue: Your going to love it!::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

Please post back here in the future .....when your stay is over, and what you thought of WL :wave2:

I have 5 days left until I get to walk into that beautiful WL lobby again. I hope my eyes see the beauty & my ears hear "KETCHUP!"! :banana:

We stayed WL a few years ago and loved it. Beautiful resort. You will not be disappointed.

Coronado is so pretty. Construction or not, I’ll bet you love it. Enjoy!

I wouldn't want anyone's first experience on site to be at CBR with all of that construction.

I agree. I am so glad you changed your resort.

I would probably go back to POR to be honest. I don’t see much point in spending even more on WL if the free dining offer isn’t applicable there. Forgive me for my ignorance, as I’m in the U.K., but does free dining apply to, say, Saratoga Springs? That might be another good option price depending if you get a dining plan included for free.

SSR was included and with kids I wonder if it would be worth looking into. If there is FD the OP might save money and still have a lovely resort to stay at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter