• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Excited....November 2016 here we come!

jodlyn2

Earning My Ears
I just spoke to a travel agent who is going to help me book our trip(this summer) for 2016. Seems crazy to be this excited this early, but it's our first time there and my kids are gonna be so excited. Anyone else get ramped up WAY before your trip?? Any suggestions on places to eat or shows that are a must see? Thanks!!

I have planned trips for 4 years. Yes, I know that is sad, but at one time that was all we could afford. So when we went, we started planning our next trip, which was 4 years down the line. :) You will have such a great time!!! Where are you planning to stay?

We are going to stay at POP Century I think. I am so excited, I can't wait to see my kids happy faces and just give them the best trip ever!!!!

I get planning ahead, this is a MAJOR splurge for us but I love Disney so we are going for it!

My favorite shows are the campfire singalong, Yehaa Bob, Irish tap dancing at Raglan Road, and dueling pianos at Jellyrolls. There's also the Main Street Electrical Parade.

What are your trip dates in Nov. 2016?

We are thinking of going the 8th-16th. I called and found out that Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party starts on the 8th so I thought that would be a fun way to go into the park and enjoy ourselves that first day without using one of our park hopper passes on that. Tickets for the party are not bad.

I will tell you, we did the party twice for Christmas and never felt we got our money's worth. My mom says especially now after doing MNsSHP in 2013. All the neat costumes and such and the parade is so different. During Christmas you get to see all the characters dressed up in their "winter duds" anyway on regular days. My dad always said at least we got free hot chocolate and cookies.. My mom would remind him they definitely weren't free unless he could consume 60$ worth of them for each of the 4 of us haha.

Well just gonna give it a shot, I think the kids will appreciate the extra time in the park at least. I want to try the Halloween party sometime, I've heard it's great.

So I was reading up and apparently you can take a hot air balloon ride starting from downtown Disney. Has anyone done this?? I think the kids would love it. It seems pretty affordable.

Oh okay, I was just wondering. Think the kids would love Disney Quest that's there, it sounds fun!

How old are they? We used to spend every night till midnight there after we were tired of the parks for the day.

Don't worry; I just got back from a week long trip on the 19th - and I already have the dates and hotel (maybe, trying to decide if the GF is really worth it) picked out for next May! :rolleyes:

Yes they would LOVE it. That's about the age gap of my brother and I, and we always loved it. Essentially all the games you walk up to at movie theaters and like celebration stations/Dave and busted type places and cost like 1$ plus per play you just walk up and press the button and play. The creation station on the bottom is awesome! And all the virtual reality/simulators are super cool!

:mickeyjumCongratulations on your upcoming trip!:banana: We are planning for November as well. Our dates as of now are the 13th-22nd. We are super excited. We last went in 2013. Three years will seem like such a long wait. We plan on doing the Christmas party on that Sunday when we get there. We have done the Halloween party twice and loved it. We were going to go back and do it again, but decided we needed to experience a Disney Christmas! I'm really looking forward to it! I have seen the big balloon several times and know you can see quite far, but we've never done it. I think it would be very neat for your kids. I've also heard great things about Disney Quest. I think downtown Disney will be finished by then. I'm also really looking forward to the new Frozen ride, my daughter will love it, ok me too!:) Oh, and I hope the new AVATAR land and Animal Kingdom is open too! I just can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter